• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNOrbShifter

Well, the second Icon i made... I just read something about the 3 elements so I made an orb that possesses three elements :)

OLD:
1557439_10202163563666302_1689344071_n.jpg

NEW:
1551596_10202194243073268_360176711_n.jpg

update: Center I think xD.

Keywords:
Orb, Elements, Fire, Lightning, Ice
Contents

BTNOrbShifter (Icon)

Reviews
23:21, 1st Jan 2014 Kimbo: Good job, although something doesnt feel right, it feels very asymmetrical and off balance...Can you please try to make it more centered/circle and then we shall see about getting this reviewed again ok? cheers :) Hmm...

M

23:21, 1st Jan 2014
Kimbo: Good job, although something doesnt feel right, it feels very asymmetrical and off balance...Can you please try to make it more centered/circle and then we shall see about getting this reviewed again ok? cheers :)

Hmm.. I think its more center?...Oh wells, this can be useful. So ill approve it :) good work, abit simple but useful.

Level 21
Doesn't look good to me. It looks too simple and the colors u used don't really fit together! Going from orange to a very bright color immediately gives a bad result. For now, the orange part looks great but the other two parts r not good. What to do then? Change the color of these two parts to other ones like red and yellow because they fit with orange. I know this is an elemental orb but it looks poor. Also, don't leave a black background. For each part, color the background according to the color of that part.
If u can make what I said, it'll look cool. For now, sorry, 2/5

Level 13
Looks good, but the colors are somewhat worn out and desaturated, really. Maybe saturating them or adding brighter colors (like yellow inside the flame and red outside it) might help. Also it may be a good idea to add a slight background glow for the elements, it might look better.
4/5

Ok, then .. I'll make the inner core brighter.. :)

Doesn't look good to me. It looks too simple and the colors u used don't really fit together! Going from orange to a very bright color immediately gives a bad result. For now, the orange part looks great but the other two parts r not good. What to do then? Change the color of these two parts to other ones like red and yellow because they fit with orange. I know this is an elemental orb but it looks poor. Also, don't leave a black background. For each part, color the background according to the color of that part.
If u can make what I said, it'll look cool. For now, sorry, 2/5

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll improve my background...