• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSFWMisfortune

This icon is meant to fix with this buff by Thrikodius :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/misfortune-164585/?prev=r%3D20%26page%3D4

I drew it on paper with acrylic and ink, took a photo and imported it to the gimp to resize it.
It's my first icon, i hope you like it ;)

Keywords:
misfortune, bad, luck, curse, faerie, elf, buff
Contents

BTNSFWMisfortune (Icon)

Reviews
11th May 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Interesting icon
Level 7
My first impresion was that the colors are very faded. :hohum:
However, once I properly took a look at that icon, I couldn't help fealing it is just great and it absolutely does the trick. :thumbs_up: It is very simple and straight forward. Exactly what an icon needs. I like the idea of a that four sided thing (oh crap my english is killing me :grin:). The basic idea is the most difficult part. I give extra points for hand work. :smile:

Level 15
The blurriness is a given. As it is, you have a nice range of light and mid tones, but what needs attention is the darker tones. It isn't quite saturated enough, and looks very faint and pale. Get a dark green pencil and don't be shy - dig the pencil in to the paper. Figuratively that is.

The background doesn't seem to fit the theme of 'misfortune', seems more like elemental or fire and water. Misfortune is often associated with sickness and disruption, perhaps some more dissonant and downbeat colours would suit better? maybe purple, unsaturated yellow, dark green/blue... and the shapes could also suggest misfortune, such as falling dollar signs or a spiraling pattern. Just some thoughts, hope it can help.

Level 8
I know it's blurry, i made somekind of mistake with the file when i reworked it with the gimp. It sucks.
Don't worry, ill remade it and add some more black on the corners and the clover layout. Thx for giving your opinion guys.

EDIT : I don't understand, i uploaded the new icon three times, but it always looks same, what did i do wrong ?

Last edited: