• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNChainImpale

Reactions: Marcos DAB
This is my first icon. Its rather simple. A bloody hook chain with a flesh/blood-like background. Nothing unique really, but I suppose its a start.

Enjoy!

Edit: Sharpened the image to reduce blurriness as well as make the fluid more red.

Keywords:
chain impale blood hook atmosferic
Contents

BTNChainImpale (Icon)

Reviews
15:37, 19th Apr 2011 enjoy: The chain needs to be more defined, as it looks like it's not attached to the hook, and it's hard to see. The blood looks a bit too cartoony, and the color seems off. enjoy: Useful.

M

15:37, 19th Apr 2011
enjoy: The chain needs to be more defined, as it looks like it's not attached to the hook, and it's hard to see. The blood looks a bit too cartoony, and the color seems off.

enjoy: Useful.

Level 7
I have the psd file. I dont have a bigger image because if I work with a bigger image and then resize it down, it begins to compress the pixels. I uploaded the wrong version, I forgot to redefine the lines. But ill upload the psd file. The reason it looks really blurry is because the method I use is a smudge in combination with a blur. I outline using basic colors, then I proceed using the smudge tool to stretch the image. I figured that stretching it would effect the image too much as long as I outline it. Anyhow heres the psd as well as the improved version. I know this is a terrible method, but I was experimenting to see how much the quality is affected with a blur and smudge method in conjunction with filters.

Edit: Below is the improved version, and not the blurry one I posted up above. Its because I forgot to redefine the lines.
Should I reupload the better one?

Attachments

• chain_impale.psd
    291.3 KB · Views: 136
  • chain_impale_improved.png
    chain_impale_improved.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:
Level 10
...after googling "What bleeds pink" nothing showed up, I believe its unrealistic for the blood to be pink... unless you make some pink-bleeding race... quickly. Red would obviously be suitable for this icon if you want it to look like blood is gushing out, or be realistic.

However, nice job on the icon itself, useful for gory hook spells.

Level 17
...after googling "What bleeds pink" nothing showed up, I believe its unrealistic for the blood to be pink... unless you make some pink-bleeding race... quickly. Red would obviously be suitable for this icon if you want it to look like blood is gushing out, or be realistic.

However, nice job on the icon itself, useful for gory hook spells.

Actually, I googled it too and found this.