• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNBoneCancelmod

This is the fifth icon...

I used the same background of two ribs as I did for the Patrol button, but used a clavicle to cross them. I think it worked out pretty good.
Again, this is my first post, so I just posted every type of button, but this will be used as the Cancel button.

Update 1/24/10: Modified the bg to remove the distracting highlights.
Update 2/5/10: Added Erebus to the keywords. This is the last update.

Keywords:
Erebus, cancel, command, skeleton, bone, purple.
Contents

BTNBoneCancelmod (Icon)

Reviews
01:47, 24th Jan 2010 enjoy: Sorry, but I have not seen proper proof, and to me, they look suspecious. 24 Jan 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Pending until otherwise 9 Feb 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Approvable

M

01:47, 24th Jan 2010
enjoy: Sorry, but I have not seen proper proof, and to me, they look suspecious.

24 Jan 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Pending until otherwise

9 Feb 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Approvable

Level 7
well if that's the case, they may not be accepted and assumed stolen unless proof of credibility is shown.

That seems a bit unfair, and harsh. These are original, and you won't find them anywhere else because I just made them and chose to post them here. Seems like the assumption is guilty until proven innocent. If the image meets the criteria I'd think it would be approved. If it was found later to be stolen, then removed. That's what most of the sites I've dealt with do.

I expected to get criticism on the quality of the images, not their authenticity. I'll remember that for future posts...

Level 7
Fantastic but worthy of the acceptance of your work? We don't know yet.

You're kidding me.

It's just an icon.

I made it.

I liked it.

I thought others would to, so I posted it.

I have to be "worthy"!?!

Please, criticize the work. I'm too old to put up with "we aren't sure if you can be in our club crap", especially since you already let me in.
Tell me my art is for shit, I can deal with that. Tell me I'm not worthy...

Level 14
You're kidding me.

It's just an icon.

I made it.

I liked it.

I thought others would to, so I posted it.

I have to be "worthy"!?!

Please, criticize the work. I'm too old to put up with "we aren't sure if you can be in our club crap", especially since you already let me in.
Tell me my art is for shit, I can deal with that. Tell me I'm not worthy...

Easy there... lol. You're forgetting that you're dealing with BOYS and GIRLS. (You know, morons that are 3-6 years younger then me) Many aren't adults yet.

REMEMBER your quote.

Level 15
also, its basically a legal thing. if the moderators don't know it's original whereabouts, someone else might, ie the original image creator or someone who's seen it before. i'm not accusing you of anything in particular, as you seem to have a pretty strong case, but yeah. the rules dominate the means, it's nothing personal against you.

Level 14
Crabby_Spider. If the mods acccuse you of plagurism, take it as a complement. Since you forgot to make a WiP, most of THW's mods, or wannabe mods, will assume the work is too good to be yours since you can't show them the step-by-step process of how you made a realistic icon. Should that come to pass, just do what I did with our fire-hand icon.

It also doesn't help that THW isn't very trusting of newcomers. Granted, there are noobs that copy other people's work, but the assumption that all newcomers will CnP causes more problems then the one it solves (i.e. this entire conversation on whether or not this is original.)

@tee.dubs
How is this a "legal thing?" No one is trying to sell this for any kind of a profit here. It's not advertising anything either. This is TheHiveWorkshop... "A Warcraft Modding Community."
If every decent submission that's posted (by a not already well established member) is automatically assumed to be plagurism, then why should newer members bother posting? The whole guilty-untill-proven-innocent mentality doesn't contribute anything positive. If anything, that attitude risks encouraging crappy posts, which do nothing to better this site.

//\\oo//\\

Last edited:
Level 15
ok 'legal thing' might be a little farfetched, but if this were hypothetically stolen from another person's work from another game, it is plagiarism. if you take something from something else, people aren't happy, and if the hive kills any possibility of plagiarism asap, it can protect it's precious reputation. a failsafe, a disclaimer, whatever. that's why it's important to have some authenticity, they protect the hive from antagonism and disgrace.

Also sorry for being pushy, maybe its a little excessive. i'll stop :)

Level 14
ok 'legal thing' might be a little farfetched, but if this were hypothetically stolen from another person's work from another game, it is plagiarism. if you take something from something else, people aren't happy, and if the hive kills any possibility of plagiarism asap, it can protect it's precious reputation. a failsafe, a disclaimer, whatever. that's why it's important to have some authenticity, they protect the hive from antagonism and disgrace.

Also sorry for being pushy, maybe its a little excessive. i'll stop :)

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of someone edting and reposting my work without my permission, but I post with the assumption that's going to happen anyway. As for having some authenticity, I think it's good to have because it draws attention to that which would generally be ignored otherwise. In regards to THW's reputation, idk of any other sites that can seriously compete with the Hive.

I'm just asking that THW assumes the best about newcomers to begin with, and if it should be realized a user plagurised (this could be defined in a number of ways) then THW can assume the worst. It's not as if the mods can't counter any rep gains, and if neccesary and Admin could ban the offending user. THW needs to have a little faith in it's members, and if one of them betrays that faith, then question their integrity.

//\\oo//\\

Level 3
Er, hey guys, we might be getting a little off topic here, hmm?
One comment I wish to make, Crabby_Spider, is that many, many noobs to this site (and yes, I'm still a noob) have stolen pictures and posted them, among... other things.
On-topic, the icon itself looks cool. I seriously doubt it's stolen, but it's better to be safe then sorry. (No offense meant.) I would use this in an undead map if I were making them, and the same goes for the rest of your Bone Command Buttons.
And about not saving WIPs, don't worry. Most people post an icon the first time and don't have WIPs or full size pictures, so they get them the second time. I wish you good luck in the Hive Workshop.

Level 7
...On-topic, the icon itself looks cool. I seriously doubt it's stolen, but it's better to be safe then sorry. (No offense meant.) I would use this in an undead map if I were making them, and the same goes for the rest of your Bone Command Buttons.
And about not saving WIPs, don't worry. Most people post an icon the first time and don't have WIPs or full size pictures, so they get them the second time. I wish you good luck in the Hive Workshop.

Thanks for the compliment, I did post another icon, with WIPs in my album.
The map these were made for is a project called Erebus that Boris_Spider and I are working on, which is using skeleton units.

//\\òó//\\