• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Group&Mod status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I heard blizzard leaves mods clueless, wihtout any statistics tool, her eif your interested, otherwise it doesn't matter.

The group totals 24 members
From which continuously 3-5 members online (4 members 95% of the time)
This is a very high ratio.

Getting a match started almost always involves 1 normal player and 2 clueless noobs.

Half the new players would go try the tutorial.
For the entire Bnet, more then half say they do not like the concept, explaining why this isn't a hit.

7% of newbs are actually able to learn on the run of their first game without any tutorial whatsoever.
Having easily won all games, the player-base is lowly skilled.

The mod is undead, the ratio of people who want to play/the initiated multilayer lobbies is very high. Advertising it in general chat once had one jump in applause at my heroic initiative, so he expressed. Otherwise there are little games, in average 1 player checks in the FFA lobby every 1 hour.

Level 7
Unfortunately the arcade population is not well suited for this kind of game. People expect fast and easy to learn games... if they don't find what they want in Hive Keeper, they can easily find other free games that meet their expectations.
Additionally the active arcade population is decreasing so it won't get better with time.

Level 2
I think its veyr fast

I see it as extremely fast to learn, I guess lots of noobs lacking some brain learning connections...

The difference is big. ex: gonna take them 2 years to learn 1+1

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Personally I didn't like the game that much because of boring colour patterns. It's hard, unlike in Dungeon Keeper games, to distinguish units and rooms from each other because it is all so brown! With more colour variation it will be a much more enjoyable, also visually, experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.