• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What champion would you like to see next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Cain, doom to everyone? Doesn't fit him, he's a storyteller. There's no hero potential in him.
Not true. Without him the heroes in both Diablo II and Diablo III would be lost. His knowledge is invaluable and his death in Diablo III was key to what occurred (he would have probably warned against some of the actions you took).

For Cain's hero design I would imagine something weak by himself but fiendishly annoying (to the point people could start to cry).

Unravel: Using his Horodric knowledge warns the team about the target hero and his/her/its weaknesses. Applies 50% weakness to the target for 30 seconds and maybe reveals them.
Stay a while and listen: Channeled 5 second stun of target enemy hero. Channeled 3 second stun on allies that restores a large amount of both health and mana. Cain is invulnerable and unstoppable during the channel.
Identify Item: Target an allied hero to give them 5% more damage and 5% more health for 2 minutes. This can stack on the heroes multiple times.

Ultimates
Horodric Cube: Mark an allied hero and an enemy hero. When used the allied and enemy heroes swap control for 20 seconds while retaining relative life percentage amounts. The enemy hero gets a 20% damage penalty from the swap and the allied hero gets a 20% damage bonus. Neither heroes are able to use their ultimate ability during this time but all basic abilities start off cooled down.
Help Me (passive): Leah enters the battle field to help protect Cain. She deals ranged attack damage and acts as an EXP collector. Although she can be damaged she cannot be killed as fatal damage merely incapacitates her (with no EXP award) until no enemy heroes are nearby or 30 seconds pass (she gets recalled to Cain then). Additionally Cain is invulnerable (or 50% damage reduction from all sources) when near her and she is not incapacitated.

Trait
Old Man Walking: Cain will not be automatically acquired by non-heroic sources unless he attacks them.

Level 25
Also he's a horadrim, so he may have some powers or whatnot.

I would like to see Tracer with 5 charges of blink and some moe abilities and Winston's trait would be Rae when hereaches 20% health. Of course after Overwatch is released.

Also Leah with normal DH like aabilities but her Heroic is a passive, when she dies she transforms into Diablo for 5seconds or if there is a Diablo in your team, transform for 15 seconds

Level 2
I think that a battle between Sargeras and Diablo Prime Evil mode would shake the entire Nexus to it's own core, annihilatering into a explotion of Pure Evilish Awesomeness causing the Multiverse to collapse and rearm itself instantly...

Level 8
I think that a battle between Sargeras and Diablo Prime Evil mode would shake the entire Nexus to it's own core, annihilatering into a explotion of Pure Evilish Awesomeness causing the Multiverse to collapse and rearm itself instantly...

Lol you think thats something? How about Sargeras vs Amon? I have no idea on who would win, since both of them are nearly impossible to kill, but I have an idea on how the landscape would look like after the fight.

Level 8
Titans should never challenge want-to-be gods.

Oh well, Amon is stronger than Sargeras I guess, but Sargeras, imo, is waaay cooler.

Completely black with the odd Naga Ruin glowing scattered floating in nothing.

No way, it would look like Heaven combined with Aether. (Idk if they both are the same thing, but I am talking about a ''good'' Aether.)

Level 25
I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but I would like to see Duran from Brood War make a come back, either infested or human, I'm fine.

Nah, I think Narud, with shapeshifting abilities, then his trait will be, when he kills someone, he shapeshifts into them, then he could use two of his/her/it's abilities, then an ability based on the hero's role. It would be permanent unless he dies or kills another hero, then when he reach level 10, his heroic would be:
Option to use the hero's heroic
Option to manually select a hero to shapeshift with

Level 5
Nah, I think Narud, with shapeshifting abilities, then his trait will be, when he kills someone, he shapeshifts into them, then he could use two of his/her/it's abilities, then an ability based on the hero's role. It would be permanent unless he dies or kills another hero, then when he reach level 10, his heroic would be:
Option to use the hero's heroic
Option to manually select a hero to shapeshift with

I think that would just make things a lot more complicating to develop. And a lot of time and effort.
There are multiple reasons to why this would be really buggy.
If you want this champion to be put into the game next, I suggest that the champion would shape shift into a StarCraft 2 Unit (Marauder, Stalker, or Lurker). Of course, these units will have the strength of a buff hero, and will be generated at random, but the beauty of it, is that they are all ranged characters. And they can also have their own set of abilities, like Marauder would have slow, Lurker would have stun, and Stalker would have blink.

Level 11
While I don't usually like games like this, I've had a close eye on HotS and may play eventually.

But To answer the original post's question and to agree with someone else:

Why, this guy of course.

attachment.php

In fact, I find it quite ridiculous they added a faerie dragon, E.T.C., and a murloc before him. I mean come on... an entire campaign is dedicated to him. Not to mention he's literally the ONLY Orc/Ogre hybrid I can think of in the Warcraft lore (and only Beastmaster for that matter).
Lastly, Thrall gets most of the credit for creating a unified Horde, but Rexxar played a HUGE part in the races allying and the founding of Durotar itself. Rexxar Deserves a spot in HoTS, hands down.

Attachments

• sddefault.jpg
    sddefault.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 260
Level 21
While I don't usually like games like this, I've had a close eye on HotS and may play eventually.

But To answer the original post's question and to agree with someone else:

Why, this guy of course.

attachment.php

In fact, I find it quite ridiculous they added a faerie dragon, E.T.C., and a murloc before him. I mean come on... an entire campaign is dedicated to him. Not to mention he's literally the ONLY Orc/Ogre hybrid I can think of in the Warcraft lore (and only Beastmaster for that matter).
Lastly, Thrall gets most of the credit for creating a unified Horde, but Rexxar played a HUGE part in the races allying and the founding of Durotar itself. Rexxar Deserves a spot in HoTS, hands down.
I agree 100%,Rexxar is awesome and deserves a spot in HoTS

Level 25
Hmm, Belial would be cool too though. He could be specialized at illusioning and lies(and flies).

Lord of Lies(trait)-after being killed, Belial won't show his death animation, bit instead he summons a copy of him and attack the nearest lane. It will attack forts, it won't deal damage but it decreases the ammo of the building but restores after Belial is revived

Fly Swarm(Q)-summons a swarm of flies to damage the enemies they touch, after the flies reach their destination, Belial teleports to it and gains a second charge but it deals only little damage, is narrower but has longer range(so he could teleport back to safety in case of stuff)

Traitorious Light(W)-Heals an enemy hero. After a few moments, the hero will be damaged half the amount of the heal but burns mana the same amount of the heal.

Wall of Lies(E)-Surrounds an enemy with duplicates of Belial for 5 seconds, the enemy could remove the wall if he attacks the real Belial.

Dark promise(R1)-Negotiates with an enemy hero and bribes him with wealth, making him hostile to his allies excluding forts, but Belial can't attack the hero until the duration ends

True Form(R2)-Transforms into his gigantic true form, giving him new abilities for a medium duration but he can't move until it ends.

Chaos Breath(Q)-Deal high damage all units in a cone.

March of Lies(W)-Summons a horde of Belial's clones that hovers through the lane, and damages everything it passes through.

False Visions(Trait)-Inspires nearby allied minions by showing enemy minions as smaller creatures, increasing the ally minions' movement speed and attack speed.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
He was already hinted in the early alpha game files (like Leoric and Butcher). It is possible he is being held back for a Warcraft event along with the troll witch doctor hero and gnome flying machine hero.

Duran's (his actual name, Zeratul explained it in the prologue to LotV) shape shifting capabilities did not allow him to clone the capabilities of those he impersonated. Although he looked and sounded like them, he still retained his own abilities which appeared to be Dark Templar style void blades and the ability to channel void energy.

For trait it would likely be some confusion based ability that turns him into the actor of an enemy (with hints for allies). Maybe it could be a mobility skill and prevent him from being attacked by non-heroes. Maybe it could prevent enemy heroes from attacking/damaging him as long as he does not attack them or the hero he is mimicking is not nearby. Who knowns.

Abilities would likely be quite simple such as a void blade impale, some sort of area debuff and possibly a mobility skill.

Ultimates would have to be Warp in Hybrid and his void laser from HotS.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I agree 100%,Rexxar is awesome and deserves a spot in HoTS
Congratulations, enjoy your Rexxar complete with bear and all. The first Ranged Warrior in HotS. And people laughed at me for suggesting Imperius the Angel of Valour as a Ranged Warrior.

Monk sounds interesting. Will need to see him first hand though.

Artanis is a Melee Warrior?! I thought being an Executor meant automatic High Templar like capabilities. Maybe he comes equipped with all kinds of Protoss melee gear which we never seen though.

Level 10
you forgot, the Medic hero^^

Actually I'm saving up gold for Rexxar or Artanis... hopefully we get some more info about Artanis' skillset befor Rexxar's release :)

btw I've made a hero concept for Maiev Shadowsong. How do you like it, or do you have any suggestions? And to make things clear I did not give her a simple blink, because I did not want to have a second zeratul...

btw If anyone likes the presentation feel free to contact me I can send you the base file for your own concepts.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
btw I've made a hero concept for Maiev Shadowsong. How do you like it, or do you have any suggestions? And to make things clear I did not give her a simple blink, because I did not want to have a second zeratul...
Sounds like she would make good meat for the butcher or practice for Illidan.

Stealth is more her kind of thing. Permanent cloak when not visible by the enemy (not in line of sight) and extra damage for breaking cloak would fit her. Ultimatly her role would be some what similar to Nova and Zeratul except she would have more laneing power than Nova and less then Zeratul. She would have less hero assassination power than Nova but more than Zeratul (shadow strike which slows and deals good damage, some mobility skill etc).

Her basic moves...
Shadow Strike -> slows and deals good damage to enemy hero, has casting time
Fan of Knives -> deals some area damage and boost movement speed
Blink Strike -> teleports to target enemy unit and deals damage

Strength -> good single target damage, good chase
Weakness -> poorish siege/lane capabilities, poor disengage.

Level 8
you forgot, the Medic hero^^

Actually I'm saving up gold for Rexxar or Artanis... hopefully we get some more info about Artanis' skillset befor Rexxar's release :)

btw If anyone likes the presentation feel free to contact me I can send you the base file for your own concepts.

Wow, how did you do that concept thing?

Level 10
well I took a screen from HotS and used the same colors as they are used in HotS. Also the hexagons are a repetitive thing in its design, so I also included it.
This design is made by me completely with the only exception being the Icon's pictures (the hexagon border is made by me). For this I used GIMP.

Level 25
Newerz!

1.ALARAK!!!
2.Karax
3.Fenix/Talandar
4.Gul'dan
5.Winston
6.Blackthorne
7.Mephisto
8.Malthael
9.Rohana
10.Tosh
11.Cairne
12.Velen
13.Maraad
14.Genji
15.Hanzo
16.Dr.Boom
17.Inkeeper
18.Sarlac
19.Roadhog
20.Narud/Duran
21.Shokia/Riko/Kiryn
22.GARROSH!
23.Mal'ganis
23.Rory Swann
24.Stukov
25.Selendis
26.Maiev
27.Widowmaker
28.Soldier:76
29.Taran Zhu
30.Baal...Umm...That seems...much?

Level 24
I think Cairne is a very interesting decision and I would definitely like to see him in the game. Also it might be worth noting that the Dragon Aspects were requested at the Q&A at BlizzCon and Blizzards response was "we'll think about it". If I had to select one StarCraft character to join it would definitely be Arcturus Mengsk and from the Diablo universe I'd pick Mephisto or Baal.

Level 25
I think Cairne is a very interesting decision and I would definitely like to see him in the game. Also it might be worth noting that the Dragon Aspects were requested at the Q&A at BlizzCon and Blizzards response was "we'll think about it". If I had to select one StarCraft character to join it would definitely be Arcturus Mengsk and from the Diablo universe I'd pick Mephisto or Baal.

How I think about them adding Cairne is through Baine. Since Blizzard is pretty much getting imspiration from DotA somehow *cough*Brightwing*cough*Lunara*cough*, Baine might have Cairne as an "ancestor" like Earth Warden Titanguy whatever.

Level 24
How I think about them adding Cairne is through Baine. Since Blizzard is pretty much getting imspiration from DotA somehow *cough*Brightwing*cough*Lunara*cough*, Baine might have Cairne as an "ancestor" like Earth Warden Titanguy whatever.

i don't know why people try to throw stealing ideas as a badge of shame, of course they use the ideas that DotA has because it works. It is the same reason why everyone uses ideas from WoW and Everquest. Besides the game was supposed to be named Blizzard DotA of course it is going to steal a few ideas from DotA. If it makes the game better I'm all for re-using other games ideas.

Last edited:
Level 35
I don't even know that I'd call it stealing. In two parts:

The aggressive version: Considering the fact that DotA themselves have "stolen" ideas
from Wc3 ever since the IP was created, in terms of spell and hero designs, I'd say that
Blizzard is merely re-taking what is theirs, so to speak.

The passive version: Taking inspiration from and "stealing" are not the same,
if anything, I'd say Blizzard is praising the DotA team for making similar heroes
themselves.

-

it would definitely be Arcturus Mengsk

Surely, you can't mean that? And even so, in what mech? (You wouldn't want him plain,
without being inside a vehicle.) But my former question still stands: How can you even
say that? Mengsk is unbearable.

Level 24
Surely, you can't mean that? And even so, in what mech? (You wouldn't want him plain,
without being inside a vehicle.) But my former question still stands: How can you even
say that? Mengsk is unbearable.

Okay so two questions there, first is combat ability second is why I'd want him. As of why I think he'd work is because of the same reason Gazlowe and Li-Li works, they're neither of them great warriors yet fight on skill level of Diablo, Nova and Arthas. As of why I want him he's a huge part of the lore and even though he's hardly a protagonist I still liked the role he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.