• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Welcome to the Storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
welcome%20to%20the%20storm.jpg

Welcome to the intriguing, new and absolutely premature Heroes of the Storm forum.
This one's for all of you that has the beta, or are looking to access it.
We'll probably move the forum over to Modding & Development when
the game is released and there is an actual editor to mod with. But for now,
let's talk about the fun experiences we've all had :)

Level 3
Boy not much players here, it is quite premature isn't it :D

Well lemmi just start by saying i've never had so much fun playing a moba, and i've played them all. It's like they took all the bad out of them and kept the good, even added some betters....Most fun i've had in years <3

Level 36
They'll come, mark my words :p

And I have to agree, while I haven't played all the mobas out there, I love how this
one focuses completely on gameplay and removes all the item-combination-bullshit
that drives new users mad and makes people hate new users. I also love the heavy
emphasis on objectives, which makes every map more distinct and different.

And while I can't say Heroes of the Storm have more playful hero designs than other
games of the genre, I can say that I love their creativeness. Such as with Abathur and
The Lost Vikings, one hero doesn't attack (but focuses on bolstering his team) and the
other is three separate units in one hero. And so on. I've had loads of fun playing this.

Level 4
I've been playing for a bit, and have enjoyed every bit of it. It seems like it could take off, since Blizzard already have a massive player-base.

Favorite hero, guys? I think mine is Zeratul.

Level 10
Well, I have to admit I was really playing a lot of HotS. But lately I simply stopped. There actually was no real reason, I had no game with salty people, have a good win rate but still... I was bored by it. (also it is no motivation to own every hero and lvl them to max, I only play what I like :p)

My main concern with HotS is that I have no constant team to play with. And always playing with randoms in solo queue is far from motivating IOM. Not that it does not feel good after a nice comeback or something like this, but HotS is a very team heavy game, more than LoL or dota IMO. And because of this you can improve your skill up to a point. After this, real improvement can only be achieved with a stabe team...

So again, as I already asked when this Forum part went up:

Why don't we form a HIVE team? Or is there already one?

You can add me on EU:

Ragnos #2213

Level 1
Should I necro-post here as well? Let's do it, I hope I won't get banned for this. I was playing this game since beta and had a lot of fun. If anyone from here wants to play with me, feel free to add me. I'm mostly on EU, but I can try playing Americas if you ask me nice enough. :ogre_hurrhurr: My battle tag is Edgus#1575.

Status
Not open for further replies.