• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editors of the Storms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, just opening this thread for these future editors and mappers that, in the future, have plans in create maps and custom games for heroes of the storm.

Now I know that there isn't a Editor in Heroes but blizzard comfirmed that they are planing in implementing one, the game is based in SC2 updated engine so they won't have problems here, we know that blizzard is good in making powerful editors.

NOW. You have plans? because I do~! (simply love Brightwing's voice)

I plan to make a interesting Game Mode a Infested Terran vs Protoss where one will be the commander controling the faction of their team however, the commander won't have vespene gas or minerals, this is where the heroes comes in, they have to harvest it from random places of the map and mercenaries, this allow the commander to buy units

There is no Lanes, only a extensive "jungle" and clear areas.

What do you think?

Level 3
hahaha brightwing xD Yea that sounds epic, i was hoping to upgrade, u knw? i mean who will play a WC3 map if there's a HOTS equivalent. Awesome play by blizzard

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

hahaha brightwing xD Yea that sounds epic, i was hoping to upgrade, u knw? i mean who will play a WC3 map if there's a HOTS equivalent. Awesome play by blizzard

Don't go aboard the editor hype train yet. Let's see how it turns out first as there is still plenty that blizzard can do wrong.

Level 2
Don't go aboard the editor hype train yet. Let's see how it turns out first as there is still plenty that blizzard can do wrong.

I hope that in PAX show the editor. The mods and maps that can be created by it or at least give us news about it. it's a been time since they showed it in 2013

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It is nothing more than the StarCraft II 3.0 editor. People reported all kinds of LotV leaks during the alpha as data from LotV bleed out into Heroes of the Storm.

Heroes of the Storm maps are nothing more than StarCraft II maps with some extra features (likely coming with LotV).

If anything you might find that the mods of it are cross compatible with LotV once both are released so SC2 mappers can link them as appropriate.

Any special purpose editor would likely be designed around arenas that are balanced and compatible with the Heroes of the Storm gameplay so the editor would be much more limited in capability.

Level 2
Really? then it's a bad news then.

I was really thinkin in making a mini campaign using Diablo's and Warcraft's characters. technically a fanfiction that I was thinkin for some time turning it into a maps and missions.

I guess I'll be making MOBA maps then. :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
And the hots models will probably be ported to sc2 by some modders soon.
They are StarCraft II models... Just they are StarCraft II 3.0 models and not StarCraft II 2.0 models. Experts have looked into the Heroes of the Storm models and found that they are identical to StarCraft II models in every way. The only reason you cannot simply import them and use them is that they have "unknown" chunks in the model files which invalidate the models in StarCraft II 2.0 (even though they would load perfectly if they were ignored). Tools exist to filter such models and remove the unknown chunks.

I have a fully operational Anubarak as an example that I can use in StarCraft II. Of course other models will not look too good (as chunks are lost) however they will still load mostly.

Chances are that in StarCraft II 3.0 you can simply import the models without any conversion, the only reason you cannot do that now is that 2.0 lacks support for the features used by the models.

The textures from Heroes of the Storm can be imported into StarCraft II without any issues at all. Most of the Data from Heroes of the Storm can also be imported without any problems (except some 3.0 feature).

Status
Not open for further replies.