• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your rarest drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
He is categorized as a demon even in hero form thus he will die instantly.
Moreover he will trigger secrets, Mirror Entity will for example put a copy of Jaraxxus on the enemy board.
Though he is more popular in ranked health manipulation lock decks in combination with molten giants.

As for on-topic ? .. No luck here whatsoever, Gladiator's Longbow aand that's about it.

Wow, I didn't know sac could insta-kill. Even if it makes sense, I'm pretty sure that is a bug. It would be like polymorphing the hero.

Golden King Mukla. I'm really torn whether or not to disenchant him for another legendary since I'll get 1600 dust for him.

But he is King Mukla aka funniest legendary ever. But yeah, IMO you should DE him and get yourself a better legendary. The bananas screw you over and he loses a lot of value if you don't get him early in the game.

-----

As for my rarest drops, I got Edwin VanCleef and Tirion for legendaries. For epics, I got a molten giant and a pit lord. Maybe some others too. I don't remember. I haven't gotten anything that cool in a while though. It is rather depressing to open a deck and get a bunch of repeated silvers and 1 rare. I haven't heard the dwarf shout EPPPICCC or LEEEGEGEENNDARY in a while.

Level 33
I'm pretty sure that is a bug. It would be like polymorphing the hero.
Able to summon 6/6 Infernals with only 2 Mana Cost + 3/8 Weapon Durability sounds like a bug to me too.

Whenever you play LJ, there's a gamble going on, the same as gamble when you play lock with a Sac Pac in your deck (you don't know who you're against and what deck they might be using) - therefore this is an intended mechanics that Blizzard would not change it.

But it's more gamble when you have the balls to summon LJ when you're facing another... Warlock.
RNG is either against you, or with you.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Captain Greenskin. Currently, he is a pile of dust ready to be transformed into Tirion Fording as soon as I get enough dust.

Level 2
Tirion is scary.

You can just spam infernals and drop taunt on them to make him invincible. Way too easy.

Lol you think jarraxus is op? Hes actauly pretty weak. at that stage of the game if you dont have board control. well your doomed :) playing Jarraxus can only work if you have the cards to make it work. 6/6's will usually die quick. But if you have board control you will make them work. without board control jarraxus will just die and thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 33
6/6's will usually die quick. But if you have board control you will make them work. without board control jarraxus will just die and thats it.
It's not the question of how easy the infernals die, it's the question of why does it cost only 2 mana for 6/6 minion, think about it for a second.

I don't even care if Blizzard increased the Mana cost to 5 or even 6, considering it's a Hero Power (which can never run out of cards) - that's why it should have a counter.

Also, referring to term "OP" is very subjective I'd say.

Level 17
You have to consider the rest of the card's value. Jaraxxus is a 9 coster which leaves no board presence (and can still be hit by secrets) and sets your HP to 15. Not much of a win I'd say.
When you compare him to Alexstrasza, her set to 15 hp effect is much better because it can be used offensively and defensively and she becomes an 8/8 on the board which can attack the next turn.
When you play Jaraxxus you can't play anything else, it means you need at least two turns to place down an infernal and attack with it. You can still attack with his weapon but.. so late in the game there is probably little you would want to attack face-to-face with only 15 hp and for 3 damage.

Level 2
It's not the question of how easy the infernals die, it's the question of why does it cost only 2 mana for 6/6 minion, think about it for a second.

I don't even care if Blizzard increased the Mana cost to 5 or even 6, considering it's a Hero Power (which can never run out of cards) - that's why it should have a counter.

Also, referring to term "OP" is very subjective I'd say.

Think about this. The infernals dont have charge. so baiscaly each infernal has a 1 turn wait. Booyaa i have 1 6/6 wooahh so awesome.
its just 1 minion. not much and can easliy just be ignored and by the time you manage to get 2 infernals without board presence your dead. :> Ps so think about it jarraxus is a 9 cost. Yes? so you play him you cant play an infernal though? so next turn you play an infernal but cant do shit with him. thats baiscaly 2 turns of no infernals. so your opponent can do alot in those 2 turns againest just 1 6/6? wow. much scare.

Level 17
Welp, still zero luck here whatsoever (epics don't count) but finally grinded my way towards Old murk eye .. yee !
Now guesstimating, 40 dust minimum per booster, one booster per two days I should get my second murloc warleader and thus finish my murloc deck in eh 20 days, assuming I will have the terribad luck I usually have.
I have only one hungry crap too, not sure if I'm gonna be getting a second one though.

Welp, still zero luck here whatsoever (epics don't count) but finally grinded my way towards Old murk eye .. yee !
Now guesstimating, 40 dust minimum per booster, one booster per two days I should get my second murloc warleader and thus finish my murloc deck in eh 20 days, assuming I will have the terribad luck I usually have.
I have only one hungry crap too, not sure if I'm gonna be getting a second one though.

Love me some hungry crap

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Update for me: Golden Hogger ^^. The dust feels good.

Just imagine his face.

Level 17
Yeah, golden epics are estimated to be very rare, about 5 times rarer than a legendary.
But hey, golden rares are about as rare as legendaries and I sure haven't got any legendary (despite I should have about 4 statistically) while I got a bunch of golden rares.

Honestly it is either you get a complete crap or 3+ cards with rare+ rarity lol.

Level 33
Seriously, what is your guys' total level (combining all Hero Levels) ?
Mine would be at 90++ I think.

I've opened like 25++ packs and I only got 1 Legendary, and 2 Epic, no golden at all :/

I just wanted to know how many packs have you opened (without using money) - pure farming golds from Quest and Winning 3 times.

I don't know if you guys watched the Fight Night Hearthstone Edition, as you can see some of the players managed to get all golden cards in his deck @@ (including golden Legendary/Epic).

I mean, how do they do it ?
I think if you spent $100, you still can't get it.

Seriously, what is your guys' total level (combining all Hero Levels) ?
Mine would be at 90++ I think.

I've opened like 25++ packs and I only got 1 Legendary, and 2 Epic, no golden at all :/

I just wanted to know how many packs have you opened (without using money) - pure farming golds from Quest and Winning 3 times.

I don't know if you guys watched the Fight Night Hearthstone Edition, as you can see some of the players managed to get all golden cards in his deck @@ (including golden Legendary/Epic).

I mean, how do they do it ?
I think if you spent $100, you still can't get it.

My total level is 253 on US. I have:

5x Golden Rares
3x Golden Epic
4x Golden Common
3x Legendaries* (none are golden)

*Technically I got 4 legendaries from opening packs, but I got Malygos twice (what are the odds?).

The streamers and people who bought packs usually bought A LOT. So it is just something you get from repetition. Once you've gotten a particular golden card, then you can craft a second one, so I'm guessing that is how some people got full-golden decks. It still takes a lot of luck though and a lot of pack opening.

On EU my total level is 120. I only have 2 golden rares. So yeah, they are pretty rare indeed.

Although, I didn't get it through questing and play mode alone. You have to do arena--it is the most profitable way to get gold and packs. You can also occasionally get a golden card if you don't happen to get an epic (you must win at least 6+ times in the run to have a chance to get one).

In general, once you can do arena consistently (enough to gain gold profit or to get >5 wins most of the time), you'll start getting more rare/golden cards.

Level 33
Although, I didn't get it through questing and play mode alone. You have to do arena--it is the most profitable way to get gold and packs. You can also occasionally get a golden card if you don't happen to get an epic (you must win at least 6+ times in the run to have a chance to get one).

In general, once you can do arena consistently (enough to gain gold profit or to get >5 wins most of the time), you'll start getting more rare/golden cards.
Yeah I noticed it too, I've just started Arena and I'm starting to like it (I used to get into Arena at a very low level with a very low knowledge/tactics at that time - I'm quite disappointed, but after reading the rewards, I started to like it very much :)

My 2nd Arena attempt, I got golden Rare and I thought maybe I should just get to Arena as many as I could.

My total level is 253 on US. I have:

5x Golden Rares
3x Golden Epic
4x Golden Common
3x Legendaries* (none are golden)
All of these cards you got from farming ?
I mean, no use of money whatsoever ?

Yeah I noticed it too, I've just started Arena and I'm starting to like it (I used to get into Arena at a very low level with a very low knowledge/tactics at that time - I'm quite disappointed, but after reading the rewards, I started to like it very much :)

My 2nd Arena attempt, I got golden Rare and I thought maybe I should just get to Arena as many as I could.

Same here. I was put off from arena at first because I was pretty awful. After a while, you'll come to learn particular strategies for picking cards. Some cards are pretty much instant-grab cards, e.g. a lot of the ones here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/hearthstone-721/hearthstone-cards-discussion-249548/

defskull said:
All of these cards you got from farming ?
I mean, no use of money whatsoever ?

Yeah, no use of money. Just a lot of time. But it is reasonable considering I have been playing since Decemberish. But I only play when I have spare time, so hearthstone isn't always a daily thing. I'm pretty sure most people would be able to get more faster. But I like that it isn't a game that I have to constantly invest time into. I can play it casually and still have fun/do well (not super-high-rank well, yet. but perhaps in time).

Level 17
I'm lvl 147 given that I only really play for daily quests, starting in closed beta I got around 80ish ~ packs, no legendary, no golden epic only a bunch of golden rares/commons and an epic + rares pack every so often (4th ~ 5th booster).

On the other hand, my friend playing for about as long as me has got a number of legendaries (including Sylvanas) and an Al'Akir and Cairne Bloodhoof in 5 recent packs.
So there you go, you can do just fiine without real cash. Just need amounts of dumb luck.

Arena is an option, but it is very RNG IMO. You can do a lot with good cards in your deck, but the opponent is always somebody who also has good cards in his deck given how the matchmaking works.
I personally hate getting golden/cards in the arena instead of gold/pack.
Nothing worse than getting 12 wins and then seeing some goddamn rares/golden commons taking up space of where an extra pack or extra gold enough to get you one could be.
Same goes for dust, the amounts you get even on high keys is just pitiful.
Though the main reason why I quit arena .. is simply because it takes too long to play through it lol.

On a side note: I just faced a priest in arena who played Velen TWICE. That is probably the absolute rarest thing I've ever seen. It is rare enough to get two legendary options in the same arena choosing (it happened to me once), but to get two of the same kind? Thankfully I won, otherwise I would've probably posted in Table Flip Moments.

EDIT: Hmm.. This guy is also competing for rarest arena combo yet.
azdi4y.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
I can't see the picture.

It's Cairne Bloodhoof, King Krush, Young Priestess, Ancient Brewmaster, and Ice Lance.

On a side note: I just faced a priest in arena who played Velen TWICE. That is probably the absolute rarest thing I've ever seen. It is rare enough to get two legendary options in the same arena choosing (it happened to me once), but to get two of the same kind? Thankfully I won, otherwise I would've probably posted in Table Flip Moments.

I've heard of people picking double Ragnaros, but Velen seems pretty unlikely especially since it's a class card. I have seen Velen -> Faceless + 2x Mind Blast though.

Level 17
Welp, after over half a year of my statistics-defying booster packs I finally got one with my first legendary.. (and a rare and an epic) which ended up being .. Onyxia.
Could've been worse I guess. Still I would probably prefer Cenarius, Hogger or Illidan for my token druid deck or Malygos for my spell mage.
But hey .. I guess she can work OK in my token druid deck as well if not I'll DE her and grab one of the ones I mentioned.
Lol, though it is depressing my first pack legendary is actually my third legendary..

I sorta had a Tonex moment! I had just played a looong arena session as a rogue and I got 12-1 so they gave me two packs.

In the first one, I got Ysera. (I didn't screenshot it) In the second, I got Golden Harrison Jones. The dwarf literally sounded like he was going to have a heart attack. "WHHOOOOOAA GOLLLLDDDDENNN LEGENDAAARY". As cheesy as the dwarf is, I love his reactions.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Harrison Jones.jpg
    Harrison Jones.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 292
Level 17
The most shocking fact is that you got 12 wins with a rogue in the arena. Should've taken screen of the deck :p.
But sweet, though I would expect 12 win decks to have more rare cards than just two, but hey I always got 1 rare deck out of 12 win key so I'm really skeptic about the claims of them having any higher drop rate.

The most shocking fact is that you got 12 wins with a rogue in the arena. Should've taken screen of the deck :p.
But sweet, though I would expect 12 win decks to have more rare cards than just two, but hey I always got 1 rare deck out of 12 win key so I'm really skeptic about the claims of them having any higher drop rate.

Yeah. I'm not quite sure whether they have a higher drop rate. It'd be cool if they did. But I never really thought about it. :p

Rogues are actually one of my favorite arena classes. This is my second time getting 12 wins with a rogue (the other time I went 12-2), and the only other class I got 12 wins with was a warrior. Although, I honestly didn't think this deck would go 12-1. I lost in the 2nd round to mage, and I lost badly. So I was at 1-1 thinking it would be a pretty awful run. But tbh, I played that game really stupidly. :p Here is my deck:
  • Backstab
  • Conceal
  • Shieldbearer
  • Young Priestess
  • Betrayal
  • Eviscerate x 2
  • Sap
  • Bluegill Warrior
  • Defias Ringleader
  • Loot Hoarder
  • Patient Assassin
  • Youthful Brewmaster
  • Headcrack (lol)
  • Demolisher
  • Harvest Golem
  • Questing Adventurer
  • Raging Worgen
  • Shattered Sun Cleric
  • Chillwind Yeti
  • Cult Master
  • Dark Iron Dwarf
  • Sen'jin Shieldmasta
  • Assassinate
  • Azure Drake
  • Darkscale Healer
  • Spiteful Smith
  • Stampeding Kodo
  • Argent Commander

It is a pretty weird deck. Mostly just a lot of minions, so I would usually overwhelm my opponent (although, it isn't quite a 'zoo' because I had mostly mid-range units). Betrayal is great as a "turn the tables" card so I could get an advantage, and Cult Master + Loot Hoarder handled drawing cards. Since I had so many minions, I could usually get pretty good value of cult master, and I would even conceal him to keep him alive. But the true MVP was probably Questing Adventurer. I got a questing + conceal combo a few times, so that let me develop him enough to deal damage. And headcrack actually did a finisher for me in one game. It is really a situational card, but I got surprisingly good value from it (I still probably won't choose it again unless I have no other option, lol.). But my deck doesn't have anything particularly strong. I usually would just try to get an early card advantage or board control, and then the non-stop flow of minions would do the rest.

And in case you're curious, my first rogue 12-2 arena deck was this (which IMO, feels a little stronger):
  • Backstab
  • Shadowstep
  • Cold Blood
  • Deadly Poison
  • Abusive Sergeant
  • Betrayal
  • Blade Flurry
  • Eviscerate
  • Sap
  • Acidic Swamp Ooze
  • Amani Berserker
  • Defias Ringleader x 2
  • Mad Bomber
  • Arcane Golem
  • Flesheating Ghoul
  • Ironfur Grizzly
  • Raging Worgen
  • Scarlet Crusader
  • SI:7 Agent
  • Chillwind Yeti
  • Dark Iron Dwarf
  • Gnomish Inventor
  • Sen'jin Shieldmasta
  • Assassin's Blade
  • Assassinate
  • Faceless Manipulator
  • Silver Hand Knight
  • Frost Elemental
  • War Golem

It was a lot more balanced and it had potential for a lot of aggressiveness.

Level 17
Lol, that is an unusual combination of a lot of random cards but yeah the second one looks nicer overall.
I usually have the best luck with Paladin/Mage/Druid and I always aim to get all the well-tried basics/commons I have in constructed eg. Chillwind, Harvest, Taz Dingo, Dire Wolf, Faerie, Ooze, Grizzly, Shattered Sun Cleric or the good rares if they pop up like Azure Drake, Juggler, DoA etc and then the useful class specific cards, everything else I pretty much ignore.
Though my most liked class in the arena is probably Paladin, Divine Favor/BoM/BoW/Consecration and all of his minions are just great in the arena.
I notice a lot of people take gimmicky "cool" cards that just don't work in a random draft at all, maybe because they don't have them in constructed or w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.