• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your OP class list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Mine's here:
1. Hunter; too many options: uth costs only 2 mana, which means you can easily have couple of buffs and "when a beast dies" cards along with uth.
2. Mage; you can be good with lesser amount of good cards. Flamestrike is brutal card, 4 dmg aoe is really critical, and you can buff it further with spell damage cards. And imo mage has the most useful hero power.
3. Priest; so troll-ish class, damage equal to health is so good, along with double a minions health.
I think my order isn't off, at least about hunter. Uth is just ridiculous atm...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Murloc warlocks are indeed annoying, it's up to your topdecking luck whether you can stop 'em.

Level 17
Mage is by far the most OP class, not because of its cards in particular but because spell card type is an inherently broken mechanic a fact that also makes some other classes like Priest, Paladin and Warlock formidable, but those classes rely on card synergy more and as such are weaker.
I deemed spell so broken, that I simply quit the game during closed beta.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I've won 1 out of 8 mage vs hunters, that's why hunter is in front of mage in my list.

Level 24
Mages, hunters and warlock murloc decks are all really OP, mages have to many spells that can target enemy champions, two pyroblasts and fireballs alone deal 32 damage so if you do not use a rush deck or a dec with heals you're pretty screwed. Hunters are obviously really OP due to their unleash the hounds and just as the warlocks murloc deck only mages and early game taunts are their real threats.

Level 24
To be fair I mainly play decks that are weak against mages, frost bolt is still too OP though.

Level 33
My current deck is Hunter.
Against 3 Mages today, all of them bow down to my Hero Power @@"

For me, I think Mage needs to control the game first, before unleashing heavy nukes/spells.

That is a GREAT advantage for Hunter vs Mage because as Hunter (my deck at least), I usually go for Rush strategy, therefore Mage won't have time to plan their arsenal and find themselves lose at the 7th turn or so.

But yeah, Mage has board-clearing spells, and Hunters' minions usually have low HP, I mean LOW, really low, but favoured for their attack power (2-3 is enough per minion).

When I'm against Mage deck, I always trap their mind into using Spell Card to clear my minion before I unleash a greater minion, always works !

Level 17
Mage is a disabling galore, they have 5 cards which inflict freeze to single/multi targets and a polymorph to delay the game until you are eligible for a twin pyroblast in your face.
Rushing them becomes that much more difficult, you will have to pray you won't be getting cone of colded repeatedly and your weeners getting pot-shotted with arcane and hero power.

To be honest, my main complaint is that spells ignore many rules that rest of the classes has to abide to. They can be casted when the hero is frozen, they completely ignore taunt, they can kill stealthed minions not to mention they trade better than anything else.
Sure they don't leave board presence, but you don't really need much of that when the enemy is constantly frozen.

Heals are also ridiculous, I was playing a hunter vs paladin deck. Got the paladin to 1 HP twice so that he would die to my hero power next turn but he healed both times above 10 hp after which I lost because I simply ran out of cards.
You have card play ? Who cares I have these heals that can heal me 12 for 4 cost.

Level 33
You have card play ? Who cares I have these heals that can heal me 12 for 4 cost.
Not to mention other Healing-based cards such as Guardian of Kings, Lay on Hands, etc.

Rush or no rush, you will eventually make it to turn 5 ~ 7, and the healing cards will probably (mostly) will be in hands by now.

For Rush decks, if you can't finish the opponent by turn 10 ~ 11, you'll be wasted later on.

Plus, they've got Taunt + Divine Shield, so basically a Rush deck would fall against Paladin-control deck.

I've won once before, but it was a tight fight, he used Heals like +16 HP in total, but managed to defeat him, before he one-shot me in the next turn, quite lucky I guess to get a Charge minion for my last turn, else I'd lose that fight with a -7 HP resulting from his minion damage.

I feel sorry for non-famous classes such as Warrior, Druid, etc...
I think they got potential too, don't you think ?

Especially Druid, swarm you with their Mana Crystal.

Level 5
Well, I just started playing recently (like a week ago) but I have to admit that Rexxar and Jaina as well as Gul'dan are most annoying. I really like to play Gul'dan for the fact that if I lose at least I had a good chance because I had way more cards at my disposal and thank god they don't put cards that destroy hand-cards into the game.

I'm one who thinks "taunt" should become "protect", so that the monster "throws itself in front of the attacker". With more than one "protector" the other player could decide which one should be attacked. It would add more tactical control but not OP. It just would limit kill in one Turn Moments. Of course Protect would just state, that "if a monster would die from an attack, or if the leader is attacked, this monster receives the damage instead" or something along the lines.

However, what I wanted to bring up is "Archmage Antonidas". Got him in the Arena Yesterday as Mage. The Deck in this run was crap, but thanks to Archmage I was able to win twice anyways. And really, It was worst deck I ever had.
This Card is insane. It costs 7, granted, but the effect is just woah. It can allow a mage to toast the enemy hero fast as hell as long as he has some magic (Secrets count). The Archmage states that as long as he is on the field, each time you activate a spell, he gives you fireball. Also, activating one of the fireballs also counts as a spell of course, giving you another one. If The enemy cannot kill Archmage within the first turn he appears, he is done for. Having Archmage and 2 1-cost spells means 2 Fireballs out of thin air , that spawn an infinite Number of Fireballs. In the first Turn he's there...After that: 12 Damage each turn. Insane. Oh also, "the coin" counts as a spell and gives you a fireball.

Level 17
Dunno. I played Shaman, Hunter and seldom Druid.
Druid took a huge nerf during closed beta when Savagery got utterly annihilated and his + mana crystal mechanics aren't as much of a plus as they are a necessity given a lot of druid cards are cost ineffective.
And warrior is just bad all over. His best mechanic is probably armor and even that is only worth doing if you like snoozefests.

I found Hunter and Shaman to be good rush decks early on, but they slowly get weaker down the road against constructed decks especially control focused ones or those with cheap heals. (Paladin/Druid)
Though I found shaman to be superior to hunter for rush based decks because of windfury, totems and bloodlust.
I'd definitely pick a murloc shaman over a hunter in any case, heck a shaman can do well with just buffed totems.

Level 11
Mage is actually the best F2P class for the same reason it's the worst top rank/Pay2Win class - most of the truly best mage cards are either commons or basics, but they lack synergy with a lot of the broken epics and legendaries that make top rank decks work e.g. giants/jaraxxus control warlock or the recently removed one turn kill charge molten giant warrior.

They're the best arena class for the same reason. Plus their hero ability is very strong and a primary reason 1 drops arent even drafted in good arena decks.

Level 17
Mages synergize just as well with Alexstrasza and they don't have to mess around with molten giants that may run into taunts but nuke the enemy directly. Alexstrasza, 2x fireball and 1x frostbolt = 30 flat damage to the enemy in two turns ignoring his entire board.

I feel sorry for non-famous classes such as Warrior, Druid, etc...
I think they got potential too, don't you think ?

Especially Druid, swarm you with their Mana Crystal.

I think Druid has some pretty sweet potential. I wouldn't say they are OP, but they have strengths--especially with innervate. If you time it well, you can get a really strong unit really early, and it can get serious momentum.

The drawback for druids, IMO, is that they don't have a serious insta-kill. They have neutralize, which is awesome--but it gives the other player 2 cards which is sometimes more valuable than the unit killed.

As far as OPness, I think the strongest combo is force of nature + savage roar. It is 12 damage + 2 damage from hero, and +2 damage for all other units. If you have enough units (even if they are weak), it can be 20+ damage.

----

As for warrior, yeah they lost a bit of strength after the charge nerfs. They are a good longevity class, and they can work really well with grom and enrage units. IMO, their most valuable card is Frothing Berserker. I literally had the shittiest deck in arena, but I had two of these guys and they started getting 13+ attack. I've seen some interesting tactics with an armorsmith + shield bash too. I saw someone get ~15 armor and gib the enemy.

However, what I wanted to bring up is "Archmage Antonidas". Got him in the Arena Yesterday as Mage. The Deck in this run was crap, but thanks to Archmage I was able to win twice anyways. And really, It was worst deck I ever had.
This Card is insane. It costs 7, granted, but the effect is just woah. It can allow a mage to toast the enemy hero fast as hell as long as he has some magic (Secrets count). The Archmage states that as long as he is on the field, each time you activate a spell, he gives you fireball. Also, activating one of the fireballs also counts as a spell of course, giving you another one. If The enemy cannot kill Archmage within the first turn he appears, he is done for. Having Archmage and 2 1-cost spells means 2 Fireballs out of thin air , that spawn an infinite Number of Fireballs. In the first Turn he's there...After that: 12 Damage each turn. Insane. Oh also, "the coin" counts as a spell and gives you a fireball.

I have yet to get him, but he is a pretty insane legendary. If you leave him up for more than a turn w/o silencing, you'll usually end up losing to the mage. Imagine if the enemy had that gnome sorcerer apprentice or w/e. 9 mana for 3 fireballs. Insane. I really want to get him in an arena deck. :)

Talavaj said:
Mages synergize just as well with Alexstrasza and they don't have to mess around with molten giants that may run into taunts but nuke the enemy directly. Alexstrasza, 2x fireball and 1x frostbolt = 30 flat damage to the enemy in two turns ignoring his entire board.

Yeah, but it is always difficult to rely on getting one card. All the times I've seen Alexstrasza played, it was either to heal up to 15 or to drop someone just a few points to 15 (since it is such a late card--9 mana). I think I'd rather go with Antonidas or Malygos.

Level 11

If you can stall til turn 9 without using your fireballs and frostbolts.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Need moar lists guise D: like mine's still the same;
1. hunter
2. mage
3. priest

That's the order in which I lose the most no matter the class I play

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hmm, little changes to my list.

1. Mage; the best hero power in the game, mana wyrm synchronizes well with the big amount of spells.
2. Warrior; they seem to have counter to so many things. +Give your hero +4 damage will make 3 damage weapon into 7 damage power house.
3. Hunter; uth hasn't been removed yet? Also savannah highmane; WHAT THE F***?!

I play Warrior, Druid, Warlock and Paladin.

Level 11
ATM I really hate control Warriors mindlessly slapping legendaries on the field until the inevitable victory. Armorsmith + Pyromancer + Whirlwind is such a disgusting combo you can't flood the board to try and rush them down early, and then they're sitting on like 20 armor to kill anything big with shield slam. The best you can hope for is getting them low enough they're forced to use Alexstrasza to heal instead of nuke you for 15.

For aggro decks I actually have the most trouble with Paladins right now. Divine Favor basically lets them do what aggro warlocks can do without losing health or expending 2 mana every turn, their hero power lets them slap a minion on the field without costing a card which lets them fill in their mana usage later on when their hand starts to empty and synergizes with all of the buffing minions present in a zoo deck (and knife juggler of course) and their class minions are extremely strong and low-cost.

Level 3
Druid OP deck

Well I started to play heartstone week ago , I started to play Druid class first and overall I think that druids are far better than any class (excluding priests). When I go play ranked I win against hunter , shaman,rouge 95% times , warriors,warlocks and paladins 80% , other druids 99% times , for mage its hard but I try to lure his polimorphs on my weaker minions so my win chance against mages is now 50-55% and for priest I put 2 silence minions in my deck but still I depend on luck since I focus on destroying minions first so he can't raise their stats so drastically or if he do double up his HP and convert to attack just put silence minion and he spent his 3 or 4 cards for nothing but still druid can't really outmatch priest so he's heavy Dependant on luck , I have 30-35% win rate with my deck against priest. Well druid deck is brilliant for legendary cards utility (ones that do something when card is played) , I have only one legendary card in my deck but I have really great combs within my deck. I started ranked 3 days ago and so far got to 16 division (as I told couse I win against almost everyone so I get wining streak bonus that is often interrupted by priests and sometimes mages).btw I'm lvl 30druid now if you think its important...

Level 17
Your opinions will change depending on what the current meta for your rank is. As you go up the ladder you will see more and more of the good constructed decks while some that were giving you a hard time before simply disappeared.
Ironically though, Priests are often considered the weakest class by far followed by Paladin and Mage while Warlock, Hunter, Druid and Warrior (in that order) are consistently ranked on top of the ladder.

All in all I do think Druid is a strong deck, though a lot of his cards are somewhat cost inefficient but often give you a flexibility option. They have a range of decent buffs and excellent AOE buffs and even unique things like Soul of the Forest and Force of Nature.
The only real problem with Druid is that he can't remove big threats having little to no useful strong removal, he does however have useful silence in form of the Keeper.

That being said, it is more about the specific deck than it is about the class. I personally run a Mid-game control hunter (since way before it was cool) and also have a seemingly high win ratio but a good control Priest deck can have just as high win ratio despite it is generally considered to be a weak class.
In the end it still all comes down to luck.

Last edited:
Level 3
well I will printscreen my deck ASAP but for now I give you one combo : Illidan , Innervate , Innervate , Moonfire , Soul of the forest ... its 5 (+5) minnions for only 6 mana cristals (its ideal draw but anyway sometimes i manage to pull off something similarly) and often i combine Ilidans utility with druid card that give +2 att to all minions and hero for one turn (dont remember the name).

Status
Not open for further replies.