• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearstone Tournament #3 (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
3rd Official THW Tournament (EU)

The month is drawing to an end and so the drums of war thunder once again. You are called to fight under your own banner to defeat the other members of our society in glorious combat upon the battlefield.

Sign-ups

• You must write your battle-tag in your reply on this thread!
  • You must sign up with 1-3 different classes! (You need not tell what cards you are using just which class(es) you're going to play)

Rewards

• 1st spot 20 rep
  • 2nd spot 10 rep
  • 3rd spot 5 rep
Rules

• You must write your battle-tag in your reply on this thread!
  • The winner of every battle will be from a best out of 5 meaning if you defeat your opponent 3 times you'll win!
  • You must use a European account to play in this tournament.
  • The type of tournament will be either Round Robin or Bracket depending on how many people sign up. The type of tournament will be decided the day before the tournament begins!
  • The tournament will start 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
  • You must be online at the chat at 21:00 CEST!
  • You may use 3 different decks but you are not allowed to use the same class for two different decks!
  • You need not change deck between games, if you'd like you can play the same deck 3 times!
  • If you're absent from a game your absence will be considered a forfeit!
  • You may not edit decks between games!
  • Here comes the big one. You are NOT allowed to have a deck value of over 1 000 dust (Basic = 0, Common = 40, Rare = 100, Epic = 400, Legendary 1 600 (Since golden cards hold no bonus stats they will be considered the same price as their normal counterparts.)) If you break this rule, I don't care if it's just by 10 dust, if you overstep the 1 000 dust value you are disqualified.

Times

Sign-ups will end Friday the 4th of July 21:00 CEST! (GMT+2)
The tournament will begin the 5th of July 21:00 CEST and may continue the 6th of July depending on the size of the tournament!

I ask only that you are in chat on the day that the tournament start please try to show up there at least 20:50 so we have everyone on spot when the tournament starts.

You may sign up here by replying on this thread, please ask any questions and I'll try to answer them here.

Heroes
UserClassesBattleTag
Razosh
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
IconSmall_Druid.gif
Druid
IconSmall_Hunter.gif
Hunter
Razosh#2146
Death Adder
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
IconSmall_Hunter.gif
Hunter
Prime#2121
Ceday
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
Jedi2#2716
Chaosy
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
yoloswaggins#2511
MassiveMaster
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
LiWa#1495
ubbaa
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
IconSmall_Hunter.gif
Hunter
IconSmall_Warrior.gif
Warrior
Urbrak#2939
PurgeandFire
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Shaman.gif
Shaman
Saladfork#1595

Last edited:
Level 12
the dust limit is creative and serve a dual purpose by also reducing the dust advantage some people will have over transfers or beginners.

1000 dust seem a bit too severe though imo.

Prime#2121

Edit: Mage, Hunter And Paladin.

Last edited:
Level 24
Glad to see you're in :), and I know that 1 000 dust is considered a very small amount by many people but that's the whole idea of it, seeing how well people are able to adapt.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
the problem with the last rule is that I need to remove my real decks in order to create decks for the tournament. I am not too hyped because of this rule, I mean I didn't see anyone who played a deck tons of legendaries in the seccond tournament.

also is it 40 dust per card (1x) or 40x (2x) if I use two harvest golem for example. If it's the first option you're basically allowing 5 rare cards and nothing more

Level 24
and what chat at 20:50.

The HiveWorkshop Chat, you can find the link at the top of the website to the right of News.

the problem with the last rule is that I need to remove my real decks in order to create decks for the tournament. I am not too hyped because of this rule, I mean I didn't see anyone who played a deck tons of legendaries in the seccond tournament.

It isn't about people having unfair advantages with legendaries it is to test peoples ability to adapt.

also is it 40 dust per card (1x) or 40x (2x) if I use two harvest golem for example. If it's the first option you're basically allowing 5 rare cards and nothing more

40 dusts per every common. Two harvest golem will then cost 80.

Level 12
The more I've thought about it the more 1000 dust limit seems outrageous to me, i really think using dust is a poor way to evaluate cards since it does not necessarily represent the card for card value, especially not if you take soul bound cards into account.

For example with the current ruleset the murloc legendary would pass, since it's soulbound it would add 0 towards the dust limit while even (generally considered) weak 1 drops can take 10%, or situtaional cards like big game hunter and blood knight is going to take 40% card each.

One of my Main points besides that dust doesn't represent card value is that it also hinders creative decks, besides class cards that are soulbound a lot of the unique class cards are rare or epic which take away a lot of meaning behind the class picks.

I get that the theme is for the contestants to be resourceful but in practice the ruleset will only make the decks more bland.

I do think that having themes is an idea that could make things more interesting but it should give something to work with instead of just taking it away.

Level 24
The murloc legendary is still a legendary so it has a value of 1 600 dust. If you take a look at the card you'll see an orange ball so it is a legendary all right.

I understand if you're upset if your decks contains a lot of epics and legendaries, this contest is not about making the best deck possible, everyone has been doing that for a year now. It's about making the best with what you have.

Level 12
The murloc legendary is still a legendary so it has a value of 1 600 dust. If you take a look at the card you'll see an orange ball so it is a legendary all right.

But it's soulbound so it does not cost 1600 dust, even if it's legendary. If that's how you thought then all soul bound cards should cost since they are also classified as common. (which would mean that the lowest possible dust total you could have is 1200 and that means no deck could be made following this ruleset)

I understand if you're upset if your decks contains a lot of epics and legendaries...

As for me having lots of epics and legendaries, No not at all. I'm trying to make some fun decks but I can't even fit in a single epic since it already takes up 40% of the dust just from a single one.

...this contest is not about making the best deck possible, everyone has been doing that for a year now. It's about making the best with what you have.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm saying that the idea has not been thought through and should be reconsidered.

What 1000 dust limit basically means is "make a deck with at least 7 soulbound cards and no legendaries that are not soulbound, for each rare replace 2½ non soulbound common cards with soulbound cards and for each epic replace 10 non soulbound common cards with soulbound cards".

If you instead would maybe make it to 2000-3000 and have cards cost depending on their rarity (lowest would be common) then you could still not have a single legendary in the deck unless you decide to make the limit 2800 dust or higher.

Level 17
You can't adapt with only 1000 dust frankly, you can either make a Basic Mage or a Basic Hunter aaand that is about it.

I think you would face the same issue as the arena faces and that is the fact that Mage/Hunter basic cards absolutely stomp over about every other class basic cards. (well hunter is still kinda bad in arena but you get my point)

Level 24
But it's soulbound so it does not cost 1600 dust, even if it's legendary. If that's how you thought then all soul bound cards should cost since they are also classified as common. (which would mean that the lowest possible dust total you could have is 1200 and that means no deck could be made following this ruleset)

173.png

This is what basic cards look like, they have no colored ball while common cards have white balls. And if you make a search for basic cards in my collection then Murk-Eye does not appear there.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm saying that the idea has not been thought through and should be reconsidered.

What 1000 dust limit basically means is "make a deck with at least 7 soulbound cards and no legendaries that are not soulbound, for each rare replace 2½ non soulbound common cards with soulbound cards and for each epic replace 10 non soulbound common cards with soulbound cards".

If you instead would maybe make it to 2000-3000 and have cards cost depending on their rarity (lowest would be common) then you could still not have a single legendary in the deck unless you decide to make the limit 2800 dust or higher.

Maybe, but it may be a little late to change that now as the tournament starts in two days.

Level 4
Going against the mainstream for the spirit of the tournament. #manmode

Mekket#2196

Hunter, Shaman, Priest
GMT+1

P.S. The thread title is misspelled.
THW Hearstone Tournament #3 (EU)

Level 12
This is what basic cards look like, they have no colored ball while common cards have white balls. And if you make a search for basic cards in my collection then Murk-Eye does not appear there.

There is no such tag as 'basic', at least not if you search in your collection.

233729-albums7316-picture86017.png

While searching for "common" includes all the soul bound class cards you get from leveling up the classes and the neutral ones you start with.

233729-albums7316-picture86018.png

You are NOT allowed to have a deck value of over 1 000 dust
Being a quest reward murkyeye is a soulbound card that does not cost ANY dust, despite being a legendary. So if you're going to have Murkeye count as 1.6k dust then no card should count for less than 40 which means we can't have a complete deck without exceeding the 1k dust limit you've put in place.

Maybe, but it may be a little late to change that now as the tournament starts in two days.

Not really, considering that all this ruleset have done is to make people pick classes with high card for card values as soulbound class cards (eg mage) and cutting down on the rares and epics.

Raising the the dust cap would let people put some of the cards taken out of their decks back in to them again.

Level 24
All Sets - Basic Set. Murk-Eye on the other hand will appear if you search for legendary. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Level 12
All Sets - Basic Set. Murk-EyE on the other hand will appear if you search for legendary.

You realise a set is very different from card rarity? It just means they are part of the starting cards, being in a set does not affect their rarity.

There will most likely be a set called "Naxxaramas set" after curse of naxxaramas since that would be another set of cards with different rarites added to the card pool.

Murkeye is from the reward set, since it's a reward. It has nothing to do with it's legendary rarity.

And if you have spent some IRL $$ you're going to have cards from the promo set.

Level 24
The rules say very clear that cards that are included in the basic set has a value of 0 dust. If I were to look at the actual value of Murk-Eye is 700 dust as you need to craft 1 Murloc Warleader, 1 Coldlight Seer and 1 coldlight oracle.

Level 12
The rules say very clear that cards that are included in the basic set has a value of 0 dust. If I were to look at the actual value of Murk-Eye is 700 dust as you need to craft 1 Murloc Warleader, 1 Coldlight Seer and 1 coldlight oracle.

ok w/e I give up I'll just make the most bland deck there is and have a bad time.

Level 24
Fine if it means so much to you yes Old Murk-Eye and Parrot will be considered free. It can only make the game more fun.

Level 24
Did you guys have problem making yours, the only deck I had to limit was my hunter deck but it ended pretty well I'd say and I'm pleased with the result?

Hunter: 1,000 dust
Druid: 840 dust
Mage: 840 dust

Level 34
When's NA gonna get a tounrey? Or was there one?

I won't have time to unlock enough to play in EU. I'll start working on my EU account and hopefully can participate in another.

Level 24
We should probably first find out how many of us are on NA.

If the desire for a North American tourney is large enough sure we could look if we could get the next tournament to be on the NA server.

The sign-up closes in 10 hours and 15 minutes!

Level 24
I am just wondering, did you made your decks with your own mind, or did you just google them?

A little of both, one of my decks I got some help with as I'm not to familiar with the class and then edited it a little to fit me better but the other two were my doings.

Level 24
We will decide how we're going to play tommorow, I want everyones opinions. Sorry for making so few posts but I've been attending DonkeyCon and been having so much fun.

Level 24
If you want to log into the chat now it would be fun, a lot of people in the tournament are already there.

Level 24
You still have time to edit it before the tournament starts but you may not switch class.

Status
Not open for further replies.