• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving up dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think is the most rewarding card(s) to save your dust up for?

I'm thinking Faceless Manipulators would be pretty nice. But I'm not sure whether I would spend on that or just save up for a legendary.

If I save for a legendary, which one do you think is one that would definitely be worth the cost? (I know it kind of depends on your class)

Level 24
Faceless manipulator is definitely the strongest all-class epic from an independent point of view. If you want a legendary that does not need a lot of other legendaries to back it up I'd suggest go with Leeroy Jenkins since he is mostly used in rush decks and he is the only one I've ever seen in a rush deck except of Tinkmaster Overspark.

Many people say that Ragnaros is the strongest legendary and there's some truth to that but he is often combined with other legendaries on a competitive level.

Here you have what I believe is the best rush deck out there. http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/33383-eu-1-legend-rush

Although if I could choose I would switch out an Ironbeak Owl or Stonetusk Boar for Tinkmaster overspark simply because if he casts his morph ability on a hound or Stonetusk boar it is a no risk move simple because the minion is already a 1/1 beast which the squirrel also happens to be.

Antonidas

He is quite good. I've been itching to get him. I'm not sure if I want to dedicate myself to mage, but he is definitely an option.

Razosh said:
Faceless manipulator is definitely the strongest all-class epic from an independent point of view. If you want a legendary that does not need a lot of other legendaries to back it up I'd suggest go with Leeroy Jenkins since he is mostly used in rush decks and he is the only one I've ever seen in a rush deck except of Tinkmaster Overspark.

Many people say that Ragnaros is the strongest legendary and there's some truth to that but he is often combined with other legendaries on a competitive level.

Here you have what I believe is the best rush deck out there. http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/33383-eu-1-legend-rush

Although if I could choose I would switch out an Ironbeak Owl or Stonetusk Boar for Tinkmaster overspark simply because if he casts his morph ability on a hound or Stonetusk boar it is a no risk move simple because the minion is already a 1/1 beast which the squirrel also happens to be.

Those are good points. Leeroy would be a really good choice. I also felt that Ragnaros generally worked best with other legendaries/control decks. Ysera is also a tempting option, but that is mostly just because she is fun. She is pretty good stand-alone.

But that definitely helps. Thanks. I'm not at 1600 dust yet (only ~800 at the moment, hehe), so I suppose I'll try out different decks and see what I'm looking for. I generally like playing my rogue, so Leeroy is a really solid choice.

Level 24
I generally like playing my rogue, so Leeroy is a really solid choice.

Don't even get me started on the Leeroy + 2x Cold blood + 2x Shadowstep. I've fallen prey to that strategy more than once. I'm personally at 1560 dust so I'm close to getting my own Leeroy. For now though I'll have to deal with rank 10.

As you progress through ranks you start to see a lot of different themes being common in different ranks and since I'm using only one deck I'm really weak against specifically the miracle rouge deck. Miracle rouge happens to be the most common at rank 11 - 10 and I basically just need to hope my opponent does not draw the right cards since I have no way of dealing with a 12/12 Edwin Vancleef if he is combined with stealth.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'd say Tirion. He is very good for the cost and usually even if he gets zapped, you get a 5/3 weapon. If you want a neutral, maybe Sylvanas or Rag. Btw, about Edwin, I will quote something

"Follow the Rules!"

I'd say Tirion. He is very good for the cost and usually even if he gets zapped, you get a 5/3 weapon. If you want a neutral, maybe Sylvanas or Rag. Btw, about Edwin, I will quote something

"Follow the Rules!"

Yes, Tirion is indeed great. Thankfully, I already have him (I should've mentioned that in the first post).

I have Tirion, Malygos, Edwin Van Cleef, and The Beast.

Level 17
It really depends on the deck you want to use them with.
Ragnaros, Cairne, Thalnos, Ysera, Black Knight and Sylvanas are good options because those are the cards that are guaranteed to do something for the mana cost.
I'd ignore all expensive cards that do nothing the turn you play them or do nothing on their own. (Velen/Antonidas)
As for Leeroy, he is ok but he only works in specific decks under specific circumstances, outside of Rogue Bounce, Druid and Warlock aggro he is pretty bad and his value plummets further if you can't buff him before his attack.

As for that hunter deck, it is pretty bad IMO. It is one of those hyper aggro decks that rely entirely on the opponent having poor cards in the few first turns and also one of good examples of that the deciding factor in HS is pure dumb luck 95%+ of the time.

But frankly, I'd first decide what deck I want to make next then buy cards according to that. That being said I also have 800+ dust sitting here without anything to spend it on.

Level 8
I'm about to craft a golden Ragnaros, as even though Leeroy might be pretty good, it seems to be pretty situational and mostly only for OTK decks. I personally only play control decks, and Ragnaros is a pretty solid card all around, as it's an 8/8 and get an attack off before most other 8/8s get Assassinated, BGHed, etc. Also, I probably wouldn't go for Ysera, as the cards drawn are also very situational, even though multiple Nightmares or Awakens can be pretty devastating if used at once.

Level 17
I'm at the same spot currently sitting at 1225 dust, shall I DE Onyxia I can grab a legendary or I can wait a week and DE a couple of epics I don't use.
Thinking of something for Druid, Pala or Shaman. I have a pretty good idea for Druid/Shaman decks I would use, Midrange shaman and/or either a token/roar or a watcher druid but I'm totally lost with paladin. I kiinda like playing the class but I have no idea about what decks are good/popular.
Any ideas ?

Level 24
I myself am trying to get my hands on all cards and if you ever end up wanting Onyxia it could be a mistake. If you're sure you want this however then I would recommend either Ragnaros or Leeroy Jenkins since they're the most commonly used legendaries. Ragnaros however is often teamed up with other legendaries such as Cairne or Ysera so if you want the best stand alone legendary I'd recommend Leeroy Jenkins.

Cairne would be a great option since he is a staple for mid-range decks.

I think you should keep onyxia for lulz. She really isn't the worst legendary. IMO it would be easier to just play through the 400 dust and try to figure out what legendary you want through the process.

I see Rag in pally decks too. Tirion if you really want to invest into pally--he is a pretty staple card for most pally decks. I usually see pallies use quite a few "strong" legendaries. Sylvanas is also an excellent choice, but I think you have her already?

Level 17
Yeah I have Sylvanas, The Beast, Onyxia and one that doesn't count lol. (Murk Eye)
What I notice is that the trend with paladins is to smash a couple of good neutral cards together and hope for the best, which makes sense given they are one of the most neutral (an hence the least exciting) classes.
I think he is an excellent class for the arena because of that but I struggle to come up with something exciting for constructed.

I generally play midgame Hunter and Murloc Shaman.
The problem with Ragnaros is that I don't play late game decks, and I probably wouldn't have good late game cards to make one BUT maybe I could try a more late game oriented druid with ancient watchers.
I think Cairne is a good option for that (and frankly now I kinda regret over not DEing Sylvanas when she got nerfed IIRC I got her before the nerf so I would get full refund...) but then I'm also slightly thinking of the Black knight or Cenarius.

Yeah I have Sylvanas, The Beast, Onyxia and one that doesn't count lol. (Murk Eye)
What I notice is that the trend with paladins is to smash a couple of good neutral cards together and hope for the best, which makes sense given they are one of the most neutral (an hence the least exciting) classes.
I think he is an excellent class for the arena because of that but I struggle to come up with something exciting for constructed.

It is a staple to have pyro + equality (and maybe consecrate). After that though, there are a couple of different styles. I've seen some people go for buffs, while others will go for late game. Some people will even go for mass healing just to outlast the opponent, but I assume that isn't your cup of tea. :p

Talavaj said:
I think Cairne is a good option for that (and frankly now I kinda regret over not DEing Sylvanas when she got nerfed IIRC I got her before the nerf so I would get full refund...) but then I'm also slightly thinking of the Black knight or Cenarius.

Cairne is a great legendary for mid-range decks. But so is black knight. I'd really just choose between those two. Black knight has some cool synergy with druid--even if the opponent doesn't play taunts, you can use mark of the wild + black knight to kill a unit (and you end up with a yeti on the board, pretty much). It is 8 mana, but it is really nice to have removals as druids since the only other one they have is naturalize.

Level 24
How lucky of me to have drawn both the Black Knight and Cairne Bloodhoof from packs then. :)

Level 17
:( How lucky of you to have drawn anything at all lol. I play for over 7 months now and all I got was Onyxia which I got only like three weeks ago, while statistically I should have around 7 legendaries by now.
I bought Sylvanas and The Beast with dust, I only had some golden epics, total of 3 by now (IIRC) all of which I DEed, other than that I DE every card I get which I can't imagine in any working deck that I'd like to play, but even doing that only netted me those two and literally a couple rares/commons for shaman and hunter and some murlocs.

And I'm 110 dust short now, got another mountain giant last night *Derp*. (I have had 3 by now one of which was golden, never had other giants)

Level 24
Why would you create the beast, he's not a super great addition to the team? Sylvanas is a really good choice though.

Building giants, you're playing as a warlock I see. :D

Level 17
I disenchanted all the mountain giants, I don't actually play handlock. I would probably prefer a sea giant or a molten giant, mountain giants work only in a very few specific decks.
As for The Beast, I play a mid-range control hunter and it actually has pretty good value in the deck, people generally don't expect hunter to have anything scarier than the savannah so they rush to remove them instead, its stats are high enough to trade favorably with virtually anything at the mana bracket and with houndmaster next turn it will always trade at least two cards or even survive an 8/8, sure the deathrattle is bad but the card should be the last thing you will play anyway.
It is tempting to coin it but it usually ends in a disaster as it may get immediately removed and give the opponent a 3/3 too, that is why I only really play it as the final threat or as a beefy leeroy if a rhino is on board.
Value lion is much better (frankly there is very few cards that are better than value lion, if any) but can't say the beast doesn't deliver for me, he is better than Krush by all means. Krush is just too expensive to fit in any hunter deck I know of.
Outside of such a deck it is pretty shit though yeah.

Level 2
I would choose Cairne Bloodhoof. 6 mana has (potentially) 8/10 and is very flexible in many decks. Maybe best used on my opinion with mid-range shaman, w/ ancient spirit and faceless manipulator ;) That is for the legendary, yeh.

But if you do not possess faceless I highly recommend it. It can be either played with a minion that is for you the best choice atm, but can also take shape into any possible enemy legendary, or your own also. Again, with mid-range shaman examples with ancient spirit are limitless. Atm that is also on my opinion the strongest build to play.

So final opinion is going for faceless, as dust will eventually come for a legendary YOU know you want, this information might be received for using faceless to copy enemy legendaries. The first legendary you craft tough, should be able to be used for every hero, because you might not enjoy playing on a certain hero at a certain moment. If this is not fulfilled By your choice of legendary, you maybe get more wins, but do you enjoy the game as much anymore?

But if you have something specific on your mind, that you think would work better than faceless ( which is every minion in game lol ) go for it :)

Level 2
Krush is just too expensive to fit in any hunter deck I know of.
Outside of such a deck it is pretty shit though yeah.

Actually my friend ( idk has he hacked the game or what ) has a working Hunter deck using Krush. He has actually had a total of 5 King Krushes from the decks he has opened. He also has had 8 twisting nethers in total. He got so much dust now from all the luck he can do like whatever he wants. But to my original point, he has a working Krush in his deck, dunno how, but he beats my mage deck ( rank tops at 6 ) no problem what so ever. He puts a lot on starving buzzard, and with mage I was easily able to handle that, until uth + starving same turn but lols :D I tried other decks and came to conclusion that mid-range shaman wins it. He also now plays mid-range shaman as it is so strong atm. But yeah on my opinion Krush ain't gold, but if it would be buffed it would grow too strong in the other hand. A tricky card :D

Level 34
Black night was only mentioned a couple times, so he deserves another mention. Carine would be my other choice for a non-deck specific card. Both are just good in most decks.

I have Sylv, and she's good, but too situational.

Rag is really good, but I feel like decks that only have him barely get good use from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.