• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loremasters championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Greetings fellow Hive members, I don't know about you but I love the Tavern Brawl, it allows people to play some really strange concepts and forces the participants to think outside of the box. So I thought I'd host my own little tournament for all you Hive members. Anyone can apply and the goal is to make gimmick decks, more specifically to make it so that each deck only includes cards that follow a very specific criteria. For example here are my decks near the bottom of this post. It would be really fun if we could try this out and see what we crazy goofs can do when only our imagination is the limit. ^^

Rules:

* You're allowed 3 decks.
* Each fight against another player will progress until someone has lost with all their three decks.
* If you've lost to someone with one deck you may not duel them again using the deck you lost with.
* You may pick the same class for all your three decks if you desire but the gimmicks need to differ greatly from each other. (25/30 cards needs to be different from the other deck with the same class.)
*You may not repeat a gimmick with different classes (for example you can't have a murlock Shaman and murlock Warlock).
* If you create for example a murloc deck all your cards need to directly
1. Be a murloc,
2. Affect a Murloc or
3. Be affected by a murloc.
Hence a card such as Rockbiter weapon might not be used in such a deck since it has no direct relation with Murlocs.
* How the tournament will play out will depend on how many people will join, if we'll be 8 or more then we will play in a bracket and if we are 7 or fewer we will play round robin.
* The tournament will start 20:00 Central European Time (+1 GMT) on Friday the 22 - 04 - 2016 and we will play on the European server, failure to show up will be seen as leaving the tournament.
* To sign up you must post your deck list either with an image like I did or by text as well as type down a short explanation of what makes your deck into a gimmick deck.

On to the gimmick of my decks:

RVUJhBH.png
3MGwoHw.png
LSawIAz.png

1. Demonology Warlock: All the cards in this deck are either a demon themselves or the affect demons, spawn demons or in the case of Demonwrath affects everything but demons.
2. Randomus Maximus Mage: This mage deck where all the cards has some random effect being a part of their function (I couldn't get an image with more than 29 cards, but the one you can't see is Ysera the Dreamer.) (Example: Mad Bomber (Deal 3 random damage split between all other characters.)
3. Tank Druid: This deck contains only cards with taunt or spells that grant taunt.

Participants:

Razosh
Razosh

Mage
DruidWarlock

Mage_klein.jpg

Druide_klein.jpg

Warlock_klein.jpg

Chaosy
Chaosy

Hunter
DruidHunter

Hunter_klein.jpg

Druide_klein.jpg

Hunter_klein.jpg

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I don't really care since everyone has to do it, it's kinda fair.
Though I've never been a fan of when you know your opponents deck exactly.

But then again there ain't that much of a surprise factor when you play a murloc on turn one.

edit: Is all golden cards considered gimmick? It kinda is, in a way.

edit2: I came up with this, Choice Druid. The concept is that every card got multiple effects depending on what you choose. Basically discover + choose.
34be9e04afdc734c8450beeab6e6c7ce.png

I have also made a quick Beast hunter deck and a 2 drop hunter deck, though I will likely polish those a bit before I am satisfied. So I wont reveal which cards yet.

Last edited:
Level 24
Looks great, I don't quite agree with you on a golden deck unless a big wallet qualifies as a gimmick. (In that case I could clame that none of my cards were golden and that was a gimmick) The choice druid looks really neat though. I'd love to see all of your submissions. ^^

Level 24

Sorry to be a stickler over rules but the rules say 25 cards need to differ if you use the same deck more than once, both decks include 2 Haunted Creepers, 2 King's Elekk's and 2 Jeweled Scarabs. You'll have to switch out 1 card in one of the decks otherwise you're good to go.

Level 24
Wops, I didn't even consider that. But the concepts are different they it's clearly not a copy (which the rule is supposed to prevent?)

That's true, this is not something important enough that I'll bother to put energy into.

Status
Not open for further replies.