• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It's nerfing time.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

RECENT NERF PATCH UP FROM SEPTEMBER 22

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/12/times-up-for-leeroy-jenkins-as-blizzard-finally-nerf-him-and-starving-buzzard/

CS2_237.png

This will cost 5 mana and be a 3/2. Guess who is the new Magma Rager? Welcome to the never being used again club!
Seriously though, now buzzard will be used in late-game hunter control / tempo decks. Rush lost its card draw momentum.

EX1_116.png

This will cost 5 mana now. Okay, not a great nerf. It will still be played, but good thing is Miracle cannot hit you for 18 + 8 (if 2 cold blood are used) for a whooping 26 damage on turn 10 now. Also Handlock cannot Leeroy + Power Overwhelming + Faceless Manipulator for 20 damage to the face. And last, Hunter cannot abuse the Starving Buzzard + Leeroy + Unleash the Hounds for extra 2 doggies.

Here is Trump's opinion on the recent change, and quite frankly I agree with him.

Finally the meta is broken and we can now see other decks besides hunter, rogue, warlock + warrior/paladin control.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
leeroy will be worth 1600 dust now, so I will instant disenchant mine and trade it for Archmage Antonidas or Black Knight.

Good thing I got no hunter cards at all since I disenchant every single one. That nerf wont affect me at least :D

now, nerf wise both of those nerfs are wrong in my opinion. Change leeroys damage to 5 would've been better. And the buzzard should have had the mana cost increased with 1, max 2

Level 17
Blizzard is out of their minds, I swear they just don't have the capacity to manage a CCG but whatever. Does anybody even play the game anymore ?
I agree with trump though that Buzzard may be the worst card in the game now. Buzzard won't be in late-game decks, or in any other hunter deck because there won't be any hunter left to play them.
Cult Master + UTH is a better alternative to Buzzard. (if you want a really bad Sprint, which is already bad)
It is just retarded.

I also like how they didn't do anything about auctioneer which was clearly an abused mechanic with no workarounds, yet just HAVE TO nerf a class to death because of a potentially strong combo that is easy to work around.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

leeroy will be worth 1600 dust now, so I will instant disenchant mine and trade it for Archmage Antonidas or Black Knight.

Good thing I got no hunter cards at all since I disenchant every single one. That nerf wont affect me at least :D

now, nerf wise both of those nerfs are wrong in my opinion. Change leeroys damage to 5 would've been better. And the buzzard should have had the mana cost increased with 1, max 2

Leeroy will still be playable but not in the way it was abused before. Note that you can still pull a 10+ damage with leeroy and in rogue, you could shadowstep once then burn both cold blood for a 20 damage. But that happens on turn 10 so its a bit better for control decks now.

Blizzard is out of their minds, I swear they just don't have the capacity to manage a CCG but whatever. Does anybody even play the game anymore ?
I agree with trump though that Buzzard may be the worst card in the game now. Buzzard won't be in late-game decks, or in any other hunter deck because there won't be any hunter left to play them.
Cult Master + UTH is a better alternative to Buzzard. (if you want a really bad Sprint, which is already bad)
It is just retarded.

I also like how they didn't do anything about auctioneer which was clearly an abused mechanic with no workarounds, yet just HAVE TO nerf a class to death because of a potentially strong combo that is easy to work around.

Hearthstone is a really really good TCG. I doubt it will ever die. This nerf in particular is a bit too much, but I guess Blizzard have their stats and I do believe that more than 50% of the playerbase plays hunter. They don't want to simply move the game up a notch with 1 mana increase in cost, no they want the meta to break with the whooping +3 mana cost.

And I agree with them. Any meta gets the game stale and boring. You are either playing a meta deck or an anti-meta deck. All those other cards go to waste, because you what is the best and everything else simply doesn't cut it. And that's bad for any TCG.

I think Buzzard will be played in late-game hunter control decks. I don't completely agree with Trump that the hunter is now dead, but I agree that the hunter rush/early aggro decks won't be as powerful as before. I play hunter rush and I don't need the draw combo, so this doesn't change much for me. I kill efficiently with just having Tracking + Loot Hoarder in the deck.

Cult Master + Unleash is possibly the new way to draw in hunter now if you want to keep the dream alive. We'll just have to wait and see how the new meta will shift.

Level 17

Killing a build, or a class is not a competent way to balance something. And that is unfortunately what Blizzard has been doing since day 0.
This is especially sad considering there are obvious ways to fix these problems without making things unusable.

The meta is stale because there just aren't nearly enough cards and because the class system extremely limits what is viable and what is not.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Killing a build, or a class is not a competent way to balance something. And that is unfortunately what Blizzard has been doing since day 0.
This is especially sad considering there are obvious ways to fix these problems without making things unusable.

The meta is stale because there just aren't nearly enough cards and because the class system extremely limits what is viable and what is not.

They make the cards, its the players that use the cards. And players often find ways to abuse the cards. Since Blizzard cannot possible tell players how they should be playing their own decks, instead they nerf a card or change a mechanic.

Meta isn't stale because there is lack of cards. I believe there are more than enough cards. The problem is players rarely use more than 20-30% of their card collection.

An example would be: every deck is good with a Knife Juggler, Wild Pyromancer and Acidic Swamp Ooze. So there, I just took care of every deck in my collection and added the best 2 mana drops. So Blizzard do the most logical thing, nerf the cards so that players will now see them as more equal in stats and mana cost before deciding "Aha yes, I like this card's effect more than this card" rather than "this card is just straight out better than this card in every way so there's no point in adding this card"

Bottom line is, the buzzard was too good for its cost. You would never put any other card draw card in hunter because you had buzzard. Well now you don't, so if you want card draw you will have more choice. Maybe now you will play loot hoarder and flare instead of your wombo-combo.

Same for leeroy, it cost 1 more and now you are forced to find other sources of to the face. Maybe play that arcane golem that has been collecting dust in your collection. Because leeroy was better than arcane golem in every way, so now Blizzard said ok, now there will be a trade-off between leeroy and other charge cards so that players will genuinely have to choose between this trade-off and this trade-off.

Change is always difficult to accept, but in the long run you will like it.

Level 17
You would never put any other card draw card in hunter because you had buzzard. Well now you don't, so if you want card draw you will have more choice.

Or because hunter has no other card draw. Flare and tracking aren't card draws, they are thinning cards to allow you to draw into the combo faster. Without Buzz + UTH there is NO reason to run either of them.
Wow yeah, you have now more choice to put in crap that does not synergize at all ! Sweet ! (actually you have less choice because buzzard is now a no-go, yeah !)

And of course Leeroy would be better than an arcane golem, it is a legendary you can have only one of.
So if Arcane Golem is just as good or better (because you have two in the deck instead of one) why would I even want Leeroy now ?

The problem is players rarely use more than 20-30% of their card collection.
Because 80% of cards are unusably bad, not that the others are too good.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Flare and tracking aren't card draws, they are thinning cards to allow you to draw into the combo faster.

Tracking is a fishing spell yes. But flare isn't card draw?
How is flare not a card draw? Is draw 1 card not good enough for you?

Without Buzz + UTH there is NO reason to run either of them.

See, this is where your logic is -- drawing into the combo.
You're still thinking that the combo is everything.

Hunters rarely win with the combo. A good hunter deck doesn't rely on the combo to win.
Its good if it happens, but its not the end all mean all.

A glass cannon like Hunter that already deals way too much damage SHOULD NOT get the best card draw combo in the game.
This is why its bye-bye buzzard.

Wow yeah, you have now more choice to put in crap that does not synergize at all ! Sweet ! (actually you have less choice because buzzard is now a no-go, yeah !)

And every card MUST synergize? Every card must be combo potential?
This is the problem with hunters. Because they want everything to either speed the combo or buff the combo.

And while they collect the combo, the other hunter goes to their face with stuff that might not even be beasts.

And of course Leeroy would be better than an arcane golem, it is a legendary you can have only one of.

Leeroy was GREAT, now its good. +1 mana changes plenty, now I will think about if I want to play a Wolf Rider, Arcane Golem, Leeroy or Argent Commander. They each have their pros and cons.

What server are you on? If you're on EU, add me. #1759
I'll play my non-buzzard hunter, you play your buzzard hunter.
Let's see which theory sticks more.

Last edited by a moderator:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Maybe I'm still hoping that Blizzard is going to do something with the game to get me back playing ?
Making poorly executed nerfs is definitely not it though.

Ah ok if you quit hearthstone.
I thought you never played it but still rant about it that's why it didn't made sense to me.

Well my friend has a similar opinion. He was a big hunter fan, has almost all the hunter cards and plays exclusively hunter. But with this nerf, I hear him say similar things what you say. Well if you really don't like Hearthstone anymore, that's fine there are other TCG's out there that might suit your fancy more.

But if you quit hoping that Blizzard would change their minds, think again, why would they? I've already explained in too many words why this nerf is a good thing, even if you don't see it that way. And I bet Blizzard can explain it way better than me, after all they have all the statistics that let them decide that this was the most plausible thing to do.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
"Leeroy will still be playable but not in the way it was abused before. Note that you can still pull a 10+ damage with leeroy and in rogue, you could shadowstep once then burn both cold blood for a 20 damage. But that happens on turn 10 so its a bit better for control decks now."

I disagree. Leeroy will be thrown out of the meta. I got around 6-8 class mates that play hearthstone daily and 80% of us got leeroy by crafting it or just being lucky. We've all agreed on disenchanting him and trade him for another legendary that's better, like a class legendary like Tirion/Archmage and such.

Just compare those 3 cards:

Leeroy - 5 mana, 6,2, summon minions
Argent Commander - 6 mana, 4,2, divine shield
Arcane Golem - 3 mana, 4,2, give enemy one mana crystal

Leeroy is not even a legendary anymore he is equal to a rare card.

Level 17
But if you quit hoping that Blizzard would change their minds, think again, why would they? I've already explained in too many words why this nerf is a good thing, even if you don't see it that way. And I bet Blizzard can explain it way better than me, after all they have all the statistics that let them decide that this was the most plausible thing to do.

They fixed nothing, they made a bunch of cards unusable because they don't have the intellectual capacity to fix the inherent flaws.
This is the issue.

Level 8
I heard a rumor that the Buzzard nerf is basically a soft ban on Hunter for the WCS at Blizzcon. It was said that the nerfs would be the last before Blizzcon, making some people think it'll get unnerfed afterwards. I'm not sure that it'll pan out exactly that way, but I agree that for the WCS, they need to strongly discourage Hunter as to prevent Hunter from being the main class played.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Blizzard's words on the nerf (the important stuff):

Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive. This was occurring when Leeroy was used in combination with other cards like Power Overwhelming, Faceless Manipulator, Cold Blood, Shadowstep, and Unleash the Hounds, among others.

The amount of cards Starving Buzzard allowed Hunter players to draw ultimately ended up being too excessive for its low cost. This change will allow the Hunter’s opponent more time to react to both the Starving Buzzard and the cards drawn by its power.

They fixed nothing, they made a bunch of cards unusable because they don't have the intellectual capacity to fix the inherent flaws.
This is the issue.

Which cards are unusable? The only card that will be used NOT AS MUCH (mind my wording, I didn't say unusable) will be buzzard. They didn't break ANY OTHER CARDS. The beast cards still work as they should. They only took the thing that Hunter never should of had in the first place: excessive draw combo for such a low mana cost. You basically sit and suck on your finger as the Hunter in one turn gained at least 3 cards and possibly murdered 80% of your board. You are left with your same hand while he has card advantage and board advantage for what mana cost? 5! At its worst!

I heard a rumor that the Buzzard nerf is basically a soft ban on Hunter for the WCS at Blizzcon. It was said that the nerfs would be the last before Blizzcon, making some people think it'll get unnerfed afterwards. I'm not sure that it'll pan out exactly that way, but I agree that for the WCS, they need to strongly discourage Hunter as to prevent Hunter from being the main class played.

That's a rumor I haven't heard. But your logic makes sense, because they could of done this nerf way back. I don't think its to discourage Hunter play, but to disallow easy board control + threat + answer + fishing + card draw ALL IN 2 card combo. After all, they are right - hearthstone is fun by taking board control over the entire game, not gaining it in one single turn.

Level 34
Talavaj, you just whine and complain in every thread in here. If you don't like the game or what Blizzard does with it just leave.

On-topic: The nerf was way overboard, but Hunters needed some nerf. UTH Buzzard was a stupid combo. I don't think hunters are dead though. I've been playing a non-unleash deck for a bit (when I need to complete Hunter quests), and it does fine. Nothing amazing, but decent.

THANK GOD for the Leeroy nerf. I hate him. So much. They eliminated a bunch of OTK, but left him in to do his insane damage for Miracle Rouges and Hand Locks. Now both should be more manageable by late game decks.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I disagree. Leeroy will be thrown out of the meta. I got around 6-8 class mates that play hearthstone daily and 80% of us got leeroy by crafting it or just being lucky. We've all agreed on disenchanting him and trade him for another legendary that's better, like a class legendary like Tirion/Archmage and such.

Just compare those 3 cards:

Leeroy - 5 mana, 6,2, summon minions
Argent Commander - 6 mana, 4,2, divine shield
Arcane Golem - 3 mana, 4,2, give enemy one mana crystal

Leeroy is not even a legendary anymore he is equal to a rare card.

I totally missed your point of view.

Well that was the point, Leeroy was just better than every other charge card so now Leeroy isn't better, its simply different. It's still good IMO, but not for the 20/26 damage combo that warlock and rogue did.

I'd totally disenchant him after the nerf too.

Talavaj, you just whine and complain in every thread in here. If you don't like the game or what Blizzard does with it just leave.

On-topic: The nerf was way overboard, but Hunters needed some nerf. UTH Buzzard was a stupid combo. I don't think hunters are dead though. I've been playing a non-unleash deck for a bit (when I need to complete Hunter quests), and it does fine. Nothing amazing, but decent.

THANK GOD for the Leeroy nerf. I hate him. So much. They eliminated a bunch of OTK, but left him in to do his insane damage for Miracle Rouges and Hand Locks. Now both should be more manageable by late game decks.

The nerf was a bit too much, they could of chosen to increase by 1 mana and it still would of been good. But I guess they got tired as well by more than 50% of the ranked players to go hunter to legend with an unfair draw + answer + threat wombo-combo. I think what they did was great

I completely disagree that hunter is dead. The hunter combo deck with buzzard is dead, yeah. But I've been playing without buzzard for the past 4 days since I made my Naxx Hunter Rush deck and I don't care about the buzzard, I have my flare, tracking and loot hoarder for card draw and I still win ranked games against tough decks like zoo, miracle, warrior control.

Yep, Leeroy was breaking the game in the worst manner. It allowed for players to kill in one turn, which is unforgivable IMO, the game is supposed to be played in turns, with trading, tactics, strategy, luck and skill -- not one hit kill combo's like miracle/.handlock hitting your face for 20+ damage in one turn. I'm glad that those decks aren't gonna win by that gimmick alone now.

Take note though: Leeroy is now 5. Miracle could still pull a:

- Put Leeroy (5 mana) -> Attack (6 dmg)
- Shadowstep (0 mana) - > Leeroy (3 mana) + 2x Cold Blood (2 mana) - > Attack (14 dmg)

That is still 20 damage, but it requires 10 mana, one shadowstep, leeroy and two cold blood in hand.

So I don't think Miracle is dead but its core mechanic to kill you with leeroy will be tougher now than before.

And plus with the nerf of buzzard, control decks will be played more now because Hunter won't be able to pwn
their face like before, so Miracle isn't dead but it faces tougher competition now.

Level 17
Yep, Leeroy was breaking the game in the worst manner.
Let me explain why this is a complete BS and why the nerf is also a complete BS.

Arcane Golem, Cold Blood + Cold Blood + Faceless Manipulator = 24 damage, 10 mana, 4 cards.
Arcane Golem, Power Overwhelming + Power Overwhelming + Faceless Manipulator = 24 damage (MORE DAMAGE than Leeroy + PO + Faceless) 10 mana, 4 cards.

See, nerfing Leeroy does jack shit. Because Leeroy is not the problem, the ability of Miracle and Warlock to draw into such a combo in a consistent manner is the problem.
But no, Blizzard looks at similar claims and nerfs Leeroy, because they don't use their intellectual capability in order to do anything past looking at what is the hottest thing to whine about on forums at the moment.

Oh snap ! I'm using common sense again instead of screaming about how much I hate UTH or Leeroy because theyreh eh stupid and I hate them so much !

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Let me explain why this is a complete BS and why the nerf is also a complete BS.

Arcane Golem, Cold Blood + Cold Blood + Faceless Manipulator = 24 damage, 10 mana, 4 cards.
Arcane Golem, Power Overwhelming + Power Overwhelming + Faceless Manipulator = 24 damage (MORE DAMAGE than Leeroy + PO + Faceless) 10 mana, 4 cards.

See, nerfing Leeroy does jack shit. Because Leeroy is not the problem, the ability of Miracle and Warlock to draw into such a combo in a consistent manner is the problem.
But no, Blizzard looks at similar claims and nerfs Leeroy, because they don't use their intellectual capability in order to do anything past looking at what is the hottest thing to whine about on forums at the moment.

Oh snap ! I'm using common sense again instead of screaming about how much I hate UTH or Leeroy because theyreh eh stupid and I hate them so much !

Yeah but the Leeroy combo was available to miracle on turn 6-8 and to handlock on turn 10 with faceless. Now if they want to do the same thing, miracle will also have to wait till turn 10. Same applies to the combo you described.

But the combo you showed can be viable. I guess we will have to see. I still support Blizzard's nerf around 80% even though you cannot shut down combo decks completely with one tiny nerf to two cards, that requires analysis on Blizzard's behalf which they haven't done to the detail.

Level 17
Yeah that is true, it is a lot easier to nerf a card instead of fixing the core problem.
But the issue is just bound to repeat itself unfortunately.

Though it is a good enough temporary fix, given that there is a lot of quitters who will just ragequit when their best gimmick is taken away rather than go with the second best one.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Yeah that is true, it is a lot easier to nerf a card instead of fixing the core problem.
But the issue is just bound to repeat itself unfortunately.

Though it is a good enough temporary fix, given that there is a lot of quitters who will just ragequit when their best gimmick is taken away rather than go with the second best one.

Nerfing is a short term solution until the next thing becomes threatening to the balance of the game. Then that thing will get nerfed. Then another.

The long term strategy, which is to base cards around certain criteria, like a template, but one that doesn't allow cards to grow too powerful but that they won't be weak either. This template is kind of hard to do, because it revolves around making the card template before making the cards so that the cards they start to make will all be powerful in their own way and won't break the game.

This is relatively hard to make, because it states that you should make all the rules that cards should follow even before you have a single card out. That way the template will reign supreme and all cards that come out since that point will be balanced.

Now both solutions are ok, nerfing is basically not following a template and they made a mistake. And they are bound to keep making mistakes and nerfing them. That's how most of the game achieve balance. There is nothing wrong with this choice, but its the rather brute force one.

Those quitters are the ones who shouldn't play competitively in the first place.

Ranked competitive is a test to the personality and the self-confidence. Lot of people have really weak self-esteem and they play games that allow them to be powerful and kill noobs. This lifts their self-esteem to levels of addiction, in which they fear losing.

They don't realize that by admitting to be a failure and being okay with the fact that you will win as much as you will lose that you become a great player. But most people are ego-maniacs, driven by their need that they are the best, expecting their decks to be unbeatable. And when they lose, they go into rage, blaming the game, the developers, the overpowered cards, the bad luck, the lag, the world... they blame everything to justify to themselves that its not their fault that they lost.

Sadly, competitive games are rarely played for fun. They are played because of low self-esteem and hope to regain any in the eye of the beholder. Such people need the world to validate their success, even as small as winning a card game. Damn, I went all spiritual psycho Freud into this. Lol

Level 9
They need to remove Rogues instant kill card, because its so unblanaced and they should also nerf Core Hound. Druid mana crystal cards also need nerf and that stupid turning everything into Treants card. I played a bit more and if they f##king dont delete mage im gonna kill somebody. Mage is so unbalanced, because all the f#ckin cards take like 0 mana and infinite polymorphs, fireballs, freezes. Mage and Rogue are as unbalanced as Yasuo is in LoL!!! Thanks to Mages and Rogues i lost like 3-4 games in a row.

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

They need to remove Rogues instant kill card, because its so unblanaced and they should also nerf Core Hound. Druid mana crystal cards also need nerf and that stupid turning everything into Treants card. I played a bit more and if they f##king dont delete mage im gonna kill somebody. Mage is so unbalanced, because all the f#ckin cards take like 0 mana and infinite polymorphs, fireballs, freezes. Mage and Rogue are as unbalanced as Yasuo is in LoL!!! Thanks to Mages and Rogues i lost like 3-4 games in a row.

Leeroy has been officially nerfed.

I'm sorry but the rest of your post is just pointless ranting. The point is to tweak your deck to be good against everything, or have a really good synergy and strategy. We all lose games against decks, but that doesn't mean those decks are just straight out OP. Once you learn what their tricks are, you can go full force on them.

Yasuo is strong because of the multiple dash abilities. If Yasuo is focused by 2 or more heroes and stunned, he is as good as dead. In top tier ranked matches Yasuo is the laughing stock, because everyone can kill him.

Mages aren't OP and nor are druids. The poison seeds card is barely used, its main power is to remove multiple big threats from the board, otherwise it just gives you 2/2 creatures which you can still use to beat your opponent with.

Core hound? o_O

That card is as bad as the day it was made. I don't know how you lost to it, but its funny if you want a nerf for that card, its already bad.

Big deal, I lost from rank 6 to rank 9 to mostly priest decks. Does that mean priests are OP? No, it means his skill and his deck beat my skill and my deck. What I should do is play to improve my skill and my deck.

Level 9
Leeroy has been officially nerfed.

I'm sorry but the rest of your post is just pointless ranting. The point is to tweak your deck to be good against everything, or have a really good synergy and strategy. We all lose games against decks, but that doesn't mean those decks are just straight out OP. Once you learn what their tricks are, you can go full force on them.

Yasuo is strong because of the multiple dash abilities. If Yasuo is focused by 2 or more heroes and stunned, he is as good as dead. In top tier ranked matches Yasuo is the laughing stock, because everyone can kill him.

Mages aren't OP and nor are druids. The poison seeds card is barely used, its main power is to remove multiple big threats from the board, otherwise it just gives you 2/2 creatures which you can still use to beat your opponent with.

Core hound? o_O

That card is as bad as the day it was made. I don't know how you lost to it, but its funny if you want a nerf for that card, its already bad.

Big deal, I lost from rank 6 to rank 9 to mostly priest decks. Does that mean priests are OP? No, it means his skill and his deck beat my skill and my deck. What I should do is play to improve my skill and my deck.
Well maybe i was a bit too harsh. I was just very frustrated after losing so many games, but still its not normal how i buff my taunt by giving him even divine shield and that stupid rogue instant kill spell still can kill it. And Core Hounds have so high damage and health its totally insane.

Level 34
The fact that you think Core Hound, Poison Seeds, and Yasuo are all unbalanced is enough for me to ignore your post. Also mages, really? They have two gimmicky builds right now (I do hate Giant Mages), neither of which you mentioned.

So we all announced the death of Hunter. So someone goes and gets #1 rank NA with Hunter. lol

Level 9
Well lets see here
Yasuo:
Q 2 second cooldown and if he hits me with that whirlwind thing im in the air for like 5 seconds.
W A wind wall that blocks goddamn everything and has low cooldown.
E infinite dashes. No way to escape him.
R Op as hell since it can damage even 3 enemies at once and hold me in the air for so long his teammates can easily reach me.
Core Hound:
He has so much health and damage i pretty much have to sacrifice like all of my minions to kill that bastard.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well lets see here
Yasuo:
Q 2 second cooldown and if he hits me with that whirlwind thing im in the air for like 5 seconds.
W A wind wall that blocks goddamn everything and has low cooldown.
E infinite dashes. No way to escape him.
R Op as hell since it can damage even 3 enemies at once and hold me in the air for so long his teammates can easily reach me.
Core Hound:
He has so much health and damage i pretty much have to sacrifice like all of my minions to kill that bastard.

Yasuo is OP in blind picks because people are barely playing as a team and Yasuo can go wild. Also everyone assumes Yasuo is unstoppable. True, he is a nightmare when fed, but who isn't? Yasuo is a good hero to make players see how bad their skill is. You can't get away from Yasuo, so your hit and run tactics don't really work against.

True, they need to nerf him, his abilities do lot for the low cooldown they are at, but like I said, focus Yasuo with 2 heroes and stun him. He dies, that's that.

Ok, I understand. You lost to a Core Hound because you didn't have any solid answer to it so you had to throw guys at it. But core hound DOESN'T HAVE LOTS OF HEALTH. That's where you are wrong. The big downside to core hound is its health, it has 5 health for 7 mana which is weak. Compare it to Ogre, which is a 6/7 for 7 mana. Now Ogre is a REALLY good card and Core Hound is a really bad card.

EX1_382.png
CS2_076.png
EX1_617.png
CS2_108.png
CS2_029.png
EX1_622.png
EX1_173.png
EX1_309.png
EX1_246.png

Note that there are plenty more straight removal cards. I just picked one of each class almost randomly.

Level 34
2 Second CD? Try doubling that number (at rank 5). 5 Second knock up? lol, it's not anywhere near 5. Maybe 1 or 1.5 seconds.

Windwall CD is 18 seconds at max and 26 at lvl 1. hardly short. It is a really strong spell, but it requires skill, and if he miss uses it in lane he can be punished.

Not infinite dashes. At all. Catch him out of lane and he's done. Watch where minions are and you're fine.

Yes his ulti is amazing, but it requires team synergy or him to hit Q (which outside of lane is hard to have stacked). Also don't fight in narrow areas (similar to many other champions).

Core Hound is a card that is in exactly 0 meta decks. His 5 health is garbage, you should only have to sacrifice like 2 low cost minions to kill it. Also to get that card out it must be late game and there are sooooo many better drops for 7 mana (pretty much any 6 mana legendary is better). Hell, War Golem is much better and even it is considered trash.

Level 9
Well yeah, but always when somebody puts down Core Hound of course cards are against me and are giving some crappy cards instead of cards that would help me counter him and its even worse if i got to take his taunt down first, but it doesnt really matter, because Mage and Paladin secret cards are pretty good at trolling :3

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well yeah, but always when somebody puts down Core Hound of course cards are against me and are giving some crappy cards instead of cards that would help me counter him and its even worse if i got to take his taunt down first, but it doesnt really matter, because Mage and Paladin secret cards are pretty good at trolling :3

I have been playing for a long time and the only times I've seen Core Hound is in either newbie decks or arena. No sane person who does contructed puts Core Hound in their decks (no, not even Hunter)

This doesn't mean you cannot see Core Hound, but it highly unlikely.

Well then stop wasting your removal cards so early on or enhance your deck, put more card draw or fishing cards like Tracking if you play hunter.

Also its a skill to learn how to trade well in hearthstone. Like @Gillies said, core hound dies to 2 minions of 2-3 mana.

Level 9
Ok im just very happy now. I have tried like every single class to defeat Anub'Rekhan on normal and didnt win. Today i finally decided to use hunter and i finally killed that guy. Probably, because he put down all his taunts i attacked his abombinations and his taunts pretty much all died XD. Hunter is da best! Hunter is good, because he is noob friendly. And it doesnt matter anymore. Before people used Core Hound, but in the last like 8 games only one used so it doesnt matter anymore. And now i even beated the second boss. Finally i found a class that is actually useful and not some crappy class that cant beat even bots, but i need help with Maexxna. That bastard summoned a sea giant and that op shade of naxxramas and that stupid hero spell and there is just no way of defeating her. So any tips would be good and seriously priests need nerf. Their double health spell needs to be nerfed to giving minion 3 health instead and that mind spell need deletion. Its not normal how he can just take over my Lord of the Arena. Priests have always been very op too bad Blizzard never sees that.

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Ok im just very happy now. I have tried like every single class to defeat Anub'Rekhan on normal and didnt win. Today i finally decided to use hunter and i finally killed that guy. Probably, because he put down all his taunts i attacked his abombinations and his taunts pretty much all died XD. Hunter is da best! Hunter is good, because he is noob friendly. And it doesnt matter anymore. Before people used Core Hound, but in the last like 8 games only one used so it doesnt matter anymore. And now i even beated the second boss. Finally i found a class that is actually useful and not some crappy class that cant beat even bots, but i need help with Maexxna. That bastard summoned a sea giant and that op shade of naxxramas and that stupid hero spell and there is just no way of defeating her. So any tips would be good and seriously priests need nerf. Their double health spell needs to be nerfed to giving minion 3 health instead and that mind spell need deletion. Its not normal how he can just take over my Lord of the Arena. Priests have always been very op too bad Blizzard never sees that.

Google "Hearthstone Naxxramas Guide" and you will find deck suggestions and tips on how to beat all the bosses.

Level 34
Google "Hearthstone Naxxramas Guide" and you will find deck suggestions and tips on how to beat all the bosses.
Or do it yourself and get that sweet sweet satisfaction. (I totally look them up for Heroic, fuck Heroic).

Zaramorus, you'll probably want to either look up guides, play a lot more constructed, or watch streams to find out how to play the game better. I mean absolutely no offense, but you're obviously new at this and are not quite understanding what cards are good and how to play them. A) Normal Naxx is fairly easy B)Priest is no where near OP, and has never been (at least since release).

Here is one of my favorite Hearth players. Watching people like him can help a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrumpSC

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Or do it yourself and get that sweet sweet satisfaction. (I totally look them up for Heroic, fuck Heroic).

Zaramorus, you'll probably want to either look up guides, play a lot more constructed, or watch streams to find out how to play the game better. I mean absolutely no offense, but you're obviously new at this and are not quite understanding what cards are good and how to play them. A) Normal Naxx is fairly easy B)Priest is no where near OP, and has never been (at least since release).

Here is one of my favorite Hearth players. Watching people like him can help a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrumpSC

I second that. I watch Trump religiously and have learned so much from him.

And priests are annoying no doubt but far from op.

Status
Not open for further replies.