• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse of Naxxramas [PATCH]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
NEUTRAL CARDS
PTZ867JLR16W1397005005104.jpg

C7382ACN4ZHC1397005005180.jpg

6LEMPHDZ6JNP1397005004775.jpg

Dancing_Swords.png

Baron_Rivendare.png

CLASS-SPECIFIC CARDS
Poison_Seeds.png

Avenge.png

I'm getting excited just by watching the card texts of each of these cards !!
What do you guys think would happen to the current meta ?
Will you see a deck that is flooded with Deathrattle in the future ?
Does those cards can be considered as imbalanced ?
Well, I know for sure that Shade has potential for OTK and you can run from AOE spells by turn 5.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Your dancing swords and baron rivendare show images of the nerubian egg. :p

Anyway, I'm excited too. I think more decks will integrate silences to counter these units. People will definitely experiment with deathrattle decks, and I feel like priests might present a good counter with mass dispel.

Shade is good. It takes 2 turn starts to get positive value vs. a 3/3 though, so I'm not sure how popular it'll be. Since it needs ramp up and costs 3 mana, it is could be good for zoo where you have early control anyway, so maybe it'll be viable for that. It could get value late in game as well.

Undertaker seems like a really great card. I can just imagine deathtaker -> loot hoarders -> harvest golems. It is a pretty nice ramp card for only 1 mana, and the 2 hp prevents it from being countered too easily.

Nerubian egg is very strong. It is pretty high value to silence. It would be an awesome steal for a cabal shadow priest though. But the most annoying part is that it serves as AoE prevention. No one wants to AoE and be left with a 4/4. Hell, you can even kill your own egg with a spell, or better yet, combo it with sergeant or dark iron dwarf and send it at a 3/2 or something.

Dancing swords is a pretty interesting card. While the 4/4 seems appealing, the deathrattle is really strong for the opponent. The issue is that the opponent will probably have to invest a card killing it anyway. So it is very good if you're trying to get board control. I think it will be a very popular zoo card.

Baron Rivendare will be pretty crazy. It is unclear how it works exactly, but paired with a nerubian egg kill it can be very strong. The drawback is that it is 1 attack and 4 mana, so it can get kodo'd or coin shadow priested. So I would probably try to use it when I have a deathrattle that I can trigger on the same turn.

Class-Specific

Poison seeds is neat, but I think it is a little out of place with druids considering their current mid-range playstyle. It is best when you have very low mana cards and the opponent has very high cards. So I think it is pretty situational. Maybe it could be used as a naturalize against large opponents without giving them cards (e.g. if the opponent plays a legendary on an empty board), maybe useful against hand lock. I can also see it working with a deathrattle deck.

As for avenge, it seems like it could very well be one of the pally's strongest secrets. Imagine turning a silver hand recruit from 1/1 into 4/3, which is game changing in early game. There isn't a good way to counter it except going for face.

But overall, I like the concepts. It should be a fun season, and I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some new decks getting to legendary. I personally will be excited to play priest, just to ramp up on silences and try to counter deathrattle decks. ;D

Level 33
Nerubian egg is very strong. It is pretty high value to silence. It would be an awesome steal for a cabal shadow priest though. But the most annoying part is that it serves as AoE prevention. No one wants to AoE and be left with a 4/4. Hell, you can even kill your own egg with a spell, or better yet, combo it with sergeant or dark iron dwarf and send it at a 3/2 or something.
Was thinking playing either Argus or Sunfury just to mess up with opponent's mind :)

Dancing swords is a pretty interesting card. While the 4/4 seems appealing, the deathrattle is really strong for the opponent. The issue is that the opponent will probably have to invest a card killing it anyway. So it is very good if you're trying to get board control. I think it will be a very popular zoo card.
Baron won't be played according with this card, it would be a suicide !

The way I see Undertaker is same as I see Unbound Elemental, except this one costs low mana and you can use Neutral card to work with it, instead of just using Shaman-overload cards.

One thing leaves me wondering... why does Blizzard won't implement a new class for these kind of cards ?

It would be awesome to release all these new cards and make it a Class-specific card only for that class.

IF Blizzard agrees to implement a new class basing from these cards, what class would it be ?

Kinda like Warlock-theme I guess, Vampire-class ? Haha.

Level 17
I'm not too excited over the cards they have shown so far. They just don't seem like they have spent too long designing them.
Shade seems to have a decent potential, but it seems too frail when initially played and the next turn it is only a 3/3 which is basic for 3 cost.

Nerubian egg is pretty crazy, maybe even a bit too OP I honestly would prefer it also reading "cannot attack" so the only way for it to be useful is to taunt it. From the interview it seems the idea behind it was to make a card the opponent does not want to kill with AOE which is ok, and it should stay like that as it is now it is a bit too strong.
Undertaker seems ok comboed with the old and new lowbie deathrattle drops.
Dancing Swords are muh, and Rivendare has some exploit potential though obviously some deathrattles just can't technically be triggered twice so I wonder how they fix that, probably don't trigger them I guess.

Class specifics are meh so far, Poison seeds are hyper situational and avenge may be decent early game.

But hey ! Excited much. My only complaint is why we only get to see these few cards when all of them have been finalized for ages supposedly.
And my only worry is that Hunter is gonna be left in the dust because most likely no card is gonna be a beast (maybe one or two if we get lucky..)

Also if Blizzard would implement any class it would be Arthas as the DK, obviously. I was personally completely puzzled why they didn't implement him with this update but I guess it is too soon for a new class yet.
IMO Arthas (DK) and Chen Stormstout (Monk) will have the highest possibility of being an actual thing, for the rest dunno but I don't think they would go too far from the WoW formula.

But hey ! For all we know Blizzard will once again pull Anduin-Valeera on us and makes some more twerp "heroes" instead of characters that actually matter.

Last edited:
Level 8
Blizz put out another card on their Google+ this morning, Death's Bite, as a new Warrior weapon.

5ulT3.jpg

My overall impression of the new cards is that some cards will definitely have a larger impact than others, but in general, I feel that the expansion will be pretty game changing.

Of course, there are cards like Undertaker that will just fit right into many rush decks and just make them stronger, but I think there is definitely potential in something like a Paladin secret deck really becoming viable with the addition of Avenge (Redemption and Avenge possibly making your minion even stronger if killed) or a Shaman deck with Rivendare that allows Ancestral Spirit to be Faceless + and allowing the minion to suicide once (imagine turn 7 Cairne into turn 8 Rivendare + 2x Ancestral Spirit).

New Warrior card seems pretty bad tho, since the AoE is delayed, but I can possibly see it fitting into some kind of enrage deck where it replaces Arcanite Reaper and/or Whirlwind.

Also if Blizzard would implement any class it would be Arthas as the DK, obviously. I was personally completely puzzled why they didn't implement him with this update but I guess it is too soon for a new class yet.
IMO Arthas (DK) and Chen Stormstout (Monk) will have the highest possibility of being an actual thing, for the rest dunno but I don't think they would go too far from the WoW formula.

They prolly haven't been released since Blizz is still working on how to price them.

Overall though, I'm looking forward to the changes, and hope it takes a while before people eventually figure out the best decks and start spamming them in every game.

Level 17
Another new card revealed. The rogue class card this time around.
The deathrattle bounces a random minion so it is a drawback in a sense, or an extra bounce if you can control your board a bit.
Still I think 5/5 for a 4 that can has an arguably positive deathrattle is a little bit too OP. I wouldn't expect this strong card coming from rogue though, interesting !
Either way it is a 4 drop that beats a yeti and survives.

card.png

Level 8
Yeah I agree. Although the Deathrattle can be pretty dangerous, at the same time it can be used for insane comboing. Imagine something like turn 4 Ambusher, other player plays some big 5 drop, turn 5 you coin SI, sack the Ambusher and replay the SI. Or even just having a damaged minion and sacking the Ambusher to return the other minion to full hp.

Yeah I agree. Although the Deathrattle can be pretty dangerous, at the same time it can be used for insane comboing. Imagine something like turn 4 Ambusher, other player plays some big 5 drop, turn 5 you coin SI, sack the Ambusher and replay the SI. Or even just having a damaged minion and sacking the Ambusher to return the other minion to full hp.

Still seems kind of situational. It can be a really bad card too. e.g.:

You have a sunwalker on the board, and then you play an ambusher. Enemy kills ambusher, that returns the sunwalker to your hand. Just like that, the enemy cleared 1 minion and sapped another. So it is a risky card. It is one of those cards that are really strong if you can get it on turn 4, but late game it is very situational. You can get some neat combos if you control when it dies, but otherwise the opponent can use that to their advantage. So it is kind of similar to a Mukla (in early game vs. late game advantage).

Although, it is interesting how to react when it is the only minion on the board. Do you kill it? Or do you wait for the opponent to put down a card so you can get value from the deathrattle?

Level 17
True but rogue will rarely have very valuable cards on board anyway, and the few rogue cards that are there can very well use the extra free bounce. (Ringleader or SI:7 for example)
But yeah, it is still a tempo loss no matter how well you play it.

It is indeed comparable to mukla, but I'd say the drawback is lower because you can play around it a bit.
I also wonder what would happen if you have Rivendare, I assume you would bounce two random minions lol.

Also thinking about Rivendare + Faceless + Faceless, my mind is completely boggled with the amount of exploit potential.
Ancestral spirit is also considered a deathrattle, and it stacks. So a minion with two ancestral spirits on it + Baron rivendare would be what, 4 new minions after its death ?

It is indeed comparable to mukla, but I'd say the drawback is lower because you can play around it a bit.
I also wonder what would happen if you have Rivendare, I assume you would bounce two random minions lol.

Also thinking about Rivendare + Faceless + Faceless, my mind is completely boggled with the amount of exploit potential.
Ancestral spirit is also considered a deathrattle, and it stacks. So a minion with two ancestral spirits on it + Baron rivendare would be what, 4 new minions after its death ?

I assume it would cap off at 2 deathrattles. It would be too exploitative otherwise. ;P

Level 8
Still seems kind of situational. It can be a really bad card too. e.g.:

You have a sunwalker on the board, and then you play an ambusher. Enemy kills ambusher, that returns the sunwalker to your hand. Just like that, the enemy cleared 1 minion and sapped another. So it is a risky card. It is one of those cards that are really strong if you can get it on turn 4, but late game it is very situational. You can get some neat combos if you control when it dies, but otherwise the opponent can use that to their advantage. So it is kind of similar to a Mukla (in early game vs. late game advantage).

Although, it is interesting how to react when it is the only minion on the board. Do you kill it? Or do you wait for the opponent to put down a card so you can get value from the deathrattle?
I agree that it's still pretty situational, but as far as situational cards go, I feel that Ambusher has a lot more plays that are beneficial than the norm. Also, in that one situation with Sunwalker, I would just not play the Ambusher.

Turn 7 Cairne, turn 8 double Ancestral Spirit and Baron Rivendare. All there is to say.

I assume it would cap off at 2 deathrattles. It would be too exploitative otherwise. ;P

I think I remember reading somewhere that you are correct, as the description says "Deathrattles trigger twice", and not "The number of times Death Rattles are triggered is doubled".

Level 17
According to a "leaked" material, each wing will cost 500 gold more than the previous one starting at 500 gold for the second wing and peaking at 2000 gold for the Frostwyrm lair totaling 5000 gold for the 4 additional wings.
The material suggest 15 bosses, 25 cards (+5 legendary cards for completing each wing) and a total of $90 price tag for all wings shall you decide to pay with cash.
It also states you will get 100g price cuts for completing objectives.

May be a complete bogus lol (which it may likely be because it was suggested the last wing will be free), but a blizz representative did not deny the information merely stated they have no details to share at the moment.

Dunno, prices seem somewhat close to what I would expect. If you keep on abandoning quests you get a fairly good chance for 60g quest/day which would be around 83.. days if you consistently do 60g quests, plus the gold which you get for three wins (which would average at 40 for active players) so with some work you could get the entire thing in 50 days, which is somewhat in accordance with the roadmap for the content update.
The $ prices are somewhat in accordance with HOTS pricing, I would say.

Last edited:
Level 8
Welp, another Shaman card that seems to suggest that Deathrattle Shamans will be the next big thing in the Naxxramas meta.

5Eo8H.jpg

Any combo of Ancestral Spirit + Rebirth + Baron Rivendare + Deathrattle = gg no re

Level 17
Yeah, I don't even get what they were thinking. Apparently they deliberately modified ancestral spirit to work with Rivendare, before it used to return the minion to the board (so it would activate twice but it would only return one because it was already returned) but now it will summon a copy.

So ancestral spiriting Cairne just once and slapping down Rivendare will give you two Cairnes back AND spawn two Baines, now if you ancestral spirit one of the new Cairnes from which you will get 2 More Cairnes again.. plus four Baines from the existing Baines and you will still have 2x Cairne that has further potential for 4 extra Baines..
What the actual F.

We don't see much ancestral spirit at the moment, generally because like all buff cards it is not very good and because shamans rarely run minions worth resurrecting, but I'm pretty sure this is gonna change soon.

Last edited:
Level 17
Mage card revealed. And we thought ancestral + Rivendare is OP.
No seriously this one is just plain stupid, I'm gonna say this is the most OP Naxx card so far.
It is a secret so that is a big drawback due to them being so easy to work around, but still.

5473.jpg

Level 34
Honestly the thing that makes Duplicate good is that there is yet another mage secret that you have to think about and play around. The ability is decent, but not amazing imo.

Level 17
I'd guess it comes out in july/august.
The new warlock card is quite underwhelming (and man, they are really lazy with the card art) I would still rather have two good cards than have two bad demons one of which is relying on the other one to be less bad.

Frankly speaking though, so far I don't see a straight up good card that anybody would actually use in the current meta except for Death's Bite. (though I'm disappointed they didn't have the actual Severance/Death's Bite art for it because I always thought it was the coolest axe in vanilla)
The rest is exciting but too much in a way of divine spirit + inner fire or simply just meh (like the Voidcaller).

Level 8
Frankly speaking though, so far I don't see a straight up good card that anybody would actually use in the current meta except for Death's Bite. (though I'm disappointed they didn't have the actual Severance/Death's Bite art for it because I always thought it was the coolest axe in vanilla)
The rest is exciting but too much in a way of divine spirit + inner fire or simply just meh (like the Voidcaller).

Idk about that. Pretty sure there'll be some insane Shaman decks out there since there is so much more to combo burst damage with Leeroy. Instead of only Rockbiters and Windfury, you could get things like Leeroy into Double Ancestral Spirit then Reincarnate for a different way to make 24, or if there's a Baron already there, then it becomes 36. And this isn't mentioning any of the other Ancestral Spirit/Reincarnate synergy.

New card:
5593.jpg

It doesn't seem half bad. 3 mana for a 3/4 in itself is pretty good. None of the other 3 mana drops are 3/4. The deathrattle is very good if you can get it off, but it is generally pretty easy to play around.

I'm guessing we'll see it in deathrattle decks, but I doubt it'll get too much guaranteed value. It'll likely just be an annoyance.

Level 24
Do you people understand how well this card will work with shadowword pain? Imagine if you have 5 other minions on the field it will be +15 health. I don't think the death rattle is too OP but its attack should be nerfed to 2. Compare it to other 3 mana cards and you'll see that none of them have 3/4 + special ability.

Do you people understand how well this card will work with shadowword pain? Imagine if you have 5 other minions on the field it will be +15 health. I don't think the death rattle is too OP but its attack should be nerfed to 2. Compare it to other 3 mana cards and you'll see that none of them have 3/4 + special ability.

Judging by the tooltip, it only gives 1 friendly minion +3 health (since it uses 'a'), chosen at random.

Level 34
Seems like a mediocre card at best. It can put pressure on your opponent to kill off another minion before hitting this guy. Say you have a light spawn on the field. This guy would basically force the enemy to hit the spawn first.

Level 8
Statwise, it looks pretty powerful, as it can kill off almost all of the other 3 drops without dying. In addition, it's a pretty nice bonus that when it dies, it could give a 4 drop or even 2 drop the extra life. 3/5 Wild Pyro would be pretty great.

Level 24
I believe the most powerfull combo would be to give death rattle to a faire drake since it's in my experience a card that most people have a hard time handling. You could imagine if it got +3 health and not even flamestrike could kill it.

Level 24
Gilles is correct they are a low cost silence but they are so easily killed be fireblast, sinister dagger, shapeshift and searing totem that their value are fairly limited. Spellbreaker is a more logical choice since he has a chance of surviving 1 round.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I prefer Spellbreaker as well. not only is it a bit more durable, but it sits at the magical number 4 which is the bane of priests everywhere.

Level 24
Absolutly correct, had it not been for priests Chillwind Yeti and Cairne Bloodhoof wouldn't have been as popular. Priests have 2 SWP, 2 SWD and 2 Mind Control so that's 6 cards that can automaticlly remove an opponents cards which is more than any other class. So against priests you need to take advantage of minions with 4 attack. Cairne and other high cost legendaries with 4 attack such as Ysera are very special since they have a high risk of being Mind Controlled. Therefore Cairne needs to be played early on, Ysera that costs 9 mana is however a little harder to defend.

Silence isn't used too often in higher ranks atm only because they aren't needed as much. I think most classes will at least have an owl for safety measures, though (especially rush decks). But usually you only need them for things like cairne or small units (bigger units are usually dealt with w/ removals). The deathrattles will just mean that silence will have a higher value. We'll definitely see more silences in top decks (assuming deathrattle is viable/popular enough to get to legendary).

Level 24
This is going to work in quite well in hunter decks especially hunter rush decks since it will always give guaranted value. I might use that in my rush deck instead of starving buzzards.

Level 34
Yeah I wonder if it uses normal beast cards, or the random beast summons from the spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.