• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Coding] Essential Map Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
List all the required systems for an AoS here then we will divide the work among the coders. I will update this post to include all suggestions below. The format is <System> - <Coder> - <Status>. Here is what we have so far:
  • Income System - edo494 - Completed
  • Command System - Almia - Completed
  • Dummy Recycler with Instant Facing - Almia - Completed
  • Multiboard System - gorillabull - In Progress
  • Item Ownership/Restriction System (Details) - Spartipilo - In Progress
  • Hero Selection System - Pending
  • Custom Attack and Resistance System - edo494 - In Progress
  • Custom Energy System - Doomlord - Pending
  • Creep System - Almia - On Hold
  • Boost/Respawn System (Details) - Creep System Member

@edo
K
@Doomlord
How about using Linked List module instead of Linked List Table?
Also, I suggest using Nes DDS, though too complicated. Cokemonkey's a bit buggy so I'll go with lfh's(because it is the original :D)

I'll go with the Hero Selection. If it uses DGUI-like looks.

edit
if that's the case edo, use Dummy by Nes or MissileRecycler by Bribe.
ModeManager of Magtheridon against my Command.

My test maps has much better implemenation due to that I created a trigger with variables in it so that you can import it that easily.

Level 23
dont worry Spartipilo, if it requires no modifications of algorithms or function names and stuff like that, then it takes maybe minute to convert to vJass :)

I have idea of system that I wanted to make, but never got passion to do it. It would make the spells and stuff like that more varying, and it is Custom Attack type and Custom Resistence system.
If you ever played Torchlight, you will be familiar with this.
You basically have(in Torchlight 2 at least) Ice armor, Fire armor, Poison armor, Lightning armor and you have Ice damage, Fire damage, Poison damage and Lightning damage and when you hit your opponent with something that deals fire damage, you have % chance that the target will burn over 2 seconds for like 30% of the damage dealt(so you deal 130% damage basically).

I have it in my mind already and it would be so modular that you could change effects during runtime, so first 10 minutes the fire attack would deal 30% additional damage, next 10 mionutes it could do something totally different.

Also The more Fire armor you have, the less chance that the fire thingy will proc and the less damage you will take from it, basically more armor you have == lower effects on you for that type

Level 16
I am thinking about working on a Custom Energy System. Basically it is like Fury or sth in Diablo 3. Unit cast spells from a custom energy type that can regenerate too. It could also enhance spells in a way. Just a concept at the moment :p Approvable?

Oh and can we use my Custom Stat System here? I want your opinions.

Level 23
I mean damage enhancement system.

But I was brainstorming and I think it would be a bit hard to do, you would either have to say every unit has 0 damage + the types, or the types would be virtual and add up to the damage, with spells its not problem, but auto-attacks may be :/

I will do my best nevertheless

Level 23
the energy is good idea as well, but that would most likely require to create all spells with triggers because how will you check if he has enough energy to use it? and if you are going to modify mana, you will have to replace all AoE mana replanishments with triggers, so you wouldnt regenerate mana for the unit that has "rage" or w/e

Level 16
I have some basic ideas with hashtable and a timer. I am yet to test the spells and stuffs because it is only an idea :p

I am thinking of a good way to tell players how much energy they have. Perhaps periodic floating texs and another one upon spell cast?

Level 20
I'm not sure about the DGUI thing... it takes a lot of scripts, models, trackables, and stuff. most people is used to Dota's system; haven't heard about anyone complaining. Almost 100% of wc3 maps uses that system (unless you want the "Walk inside the circle" thing)

Have you played Dota's Viper? He has an ability that charges up when near players get damage. You could use that as "rage", without disabling mana

Level 23
Ok, so I decided that to bigest benefit and simplificity, I will make the resistances system in a way that autoattacks will be normal attacks and only spells will have the possibility to deal enchanced type damages, but may still deal normal spell damage.

Almia I must ask, what are the bugs with StructuredDD?

Level 20
I don't know how to call it, but there should be, besides an Item Ownership system, an Item Restriction system: Make them undropable when in cooldown, and some of them broke or melt (i saw an icecream around there) or has to charge again, etc.

So, a system that handles the item in cases where they shouldn't be dropped, where they're shared, where they "broke" or "disable".

Level 13
@Divine Light: A player cannot pick up an item of another player. Allies can share some items but cannot pawn it. In a nutshell, DotA items' stuffs.
A player from team 1 cannot pick up an item of another player from team 2, right?
oh, and if you want text like dota
This item is no belongs to you
we have to make two items :(

Status
Not open for further replies.