[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Modding > Resources > Graveyard

Graveyard Resources which were not approved are moved to this section.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User Nestharus
Left

Nestharus has disabled reputation
hm... well, I'm trying to come up with a way to do custom targeting. I want it so that if a unit is using a sword, it can't hit air units. If it's using a bow or something, it can ;\. To do this, I need to support custom targeting with low overhead ofc.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User jim7777
User

jim7777 is on a distinguished road (76)jim7777 is on a distinguished road (76)
perhaps upgrades might help? lol

but not orbs.. can ruin some games like stacking with lifesteals, frost arrows and such

Map's Forum
Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User Laiev
Shadowsong

Laiev is on a distinguished road (66)Laiev is on a distinguished road (66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim7777 View Post
perhaps upgrades might help? lol
Hell no :( you can't downgrade.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User Magtheridon96
RALLE AKBAR

Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 1: Great Assistant: Offers the best solution to other users, when all hope fades. Under the shell of assistance, lies a powerful knowledge in the fields. 
You can't downgrade, so here's the solution

I have 2 techtree: A and B

A upgrades to B
B upgrades to A

See what I did there? ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillabull View Post
user of the year is just a trick to make you produce more systems and answer more threads
Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User Troll-Brain
cool != useful

Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)
But using upgrades, even negatives ones make the number of the modifications available not really reasonable, comparing to the needed object editor stuff.
Since when an upgrade is applied, it is forever, or i'm missing something.
- less efficient != inefficient
- features, less verbosity, decent api, safety > ridiculous script "efficiency" "won" and map broken. That's all a matter of scale.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
RALLE AKBAR

Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2145)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 1: Great Assistant: Offers the best solution to other users, when all hope fades. Under the shell of assistance, lies a powerful knowledge in the fields. 
Oh.. right :L
Quote:
user of the year is just a trick to make you produce more systems and answer more threads
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
RALLE AKBAR

~Opening.
Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User Anachron
May Jesus bless you

Anachron has much of which to be proud (1119)Anachron has much of which to be proud (1119)Anachron has much of which to be proud (1119)Anachron has much of which to be proud (1119)Anachron has much of which to be proud (1119)Anachron has much of which to be proud (1119)
Hosted Project of the Year - 2009: Diablo III Warcraft 
This is sooooo limited.
You can't do any spell auto cast with this system anymore (since acquisition range is used for attack range).
This will fire an overhead of events that are proceeded and ignored.
A very limited amount of users may be able to use this since this wont work on a lot of maps.
This will not work if you use other movement system that are out here for AOS Maps.

I know it's a good system, but sadly it's not flexible enough for many purposes.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User Luorax
Invasion in Duskwood

Luorax is a glorious beacon of light (456)Luorax is a glorious beacon of light (456)Luorax is a glorious beacon of light (456)
Could you please post a test map? I'm lazy to create one when you most likely have its map :)

It's always nice to have a test map attached to the main post, it attracts a lot more people to download and test the snippet.