[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Modding > Resources > Graveyard

Graveyard Resources which were not approved are moved to this section.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User Magtheridon96
JASS Consultant

Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 1: Great Assistant: Offers the best solution to other users, when all hope fades. Under the shell of assistance, lies a powerful knowledge in the fields. 
:O
I Am SUCH A FAILURE. ZOMGGG

On another serious note:
Ln only handles one base
Log can handle any base
(I know you know this, so I'm wondering why you were suggesting a change to Ln only)

Quote:
The person who came up with the idea for this should be shot >.<
I have several posts made by you in which you talked about posting a Math lib ;D (2010-ish)

Quote:
if there's a function that could do an efficient and fast exponent parsing then it will be very good
A fast Pow function seems nice :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillabull View Post
user of the year is just a trick to make you produce more systems and answer more threads
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User overcold_ice
Overfrozen by vJASS

overcold_ice is on a distinguished road (72)overcold_ice is on a distinguished road (72)
does wc3 need any statistic snippet?
if it does, i'll make one :D
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
JASS Consultant

Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)Magtheridon96 has a reputation beyond repute (2136)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 1: Great Assistant: Offers the best solution to other users, when all hope fades. Under the shell of assistance, lies a powerful knowledge in the fields. 
Nope

edit
Actually, that would be pretty cool for plotting graphs of player game performance :o
Quote:
user of the year is just a trick to make you produce more systems and answer more threads
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User overcold_ice
Overfrozen by vJASS

overcold_ice is on a distinguished road (72)overcold_ice is on a distinguished road (72)
yeah . . .
think of statistic + multiboard . . .
Old 04-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User Troll-Brain
cool != useful

Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)
yeah wc3 is just waiting for this amazing stuff, this way we will beat sc2.
- less efficient != inefficient
- features, less verbosity, decent api, safety > ridiculous script "efficiency" "won" and map broken. That's all a matter of scale.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Bribe
Keep it simple

Spells, Help Zones & JASS Moderator

Bribe has a brilliant future (1278)Bribe has a brilliant future (1278)Bribe has a brilliant future (1278)Bribe has a brilliant future (1278)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated to The Hive. 
WC3 modding > SC2 modding. SC2 playing > WC3 playing. Modding > Playing. So WC3 overall > SC2 overall.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
JASS Consultant

And this is extraordinarily impressive for a 10 year old game.
At the very least, there are 650,000 players out there, and that's being extremely harsh.
I saw 500,000 people on Garena just a few days ago (About 490,000 playing Wc3)
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
cool != useful

Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)Troll-Brain is a glorious beacon of light (459)
And 99 % of them played Dota :p

Oh and Bribe that's totally unfair to say that wc3 modding > sc2 modding, it's much much better in many ways.
It's just different, sure for coders that's boring actually.
For instance i'm the first to cry about the lacks of scripting features, like local blocks, and galaxy is even worse than jass in many points (excepted the number of natives available)

Anyway, i will buy sc2 and give it a try in few days.
- features, less verbosity, decent api, safety > ridiculous script "efficiency" "won" and map broken. That's all a matter of scale.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
JASS Consultant

I'm going to steal sc2 and try it out in a month :P
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
cool != useful

I've already played the campaign with a "limited" version, you know the one where you can't log to battle.net
It's sad, but i'm getting bored of wc3 modding, even vJass with all these new fugly speedfreak standards kill the fun for me.
Note, that i still won't let you win the legendary fight easily

Time to close this thread btw, no ?
I personnaly don't care but coz of me and the others that's pretty much a flood topic, even if it was one since the begin :p
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
JASS Consultant

Yeah, I guess it's time to close this along with FastEfficientSpeedy :p

And about the speedfreak standards, well those are just some of our personal standards, not requirements :D
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
cool != useful

I know but many newbies follow them blindly, it's what it truly makes me sad.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User Nestharus
Left

Nestharus has disabled reputation
-Kobas- changed over to my systems and his map went from running at 20 FPS to running at 40 FPS.

maybe there is some merit to these standards
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
cool != useful

sometimes, not always.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
JASS Consultant

And I implemented those systems for him :D
Well, the only thing I'm not using for now is DamageModificationEffect :o
I'll use it when it becomes faster D:
Quote: