• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[font] En'daii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Have you wanted a mystic looking language for your map?
Well I happened to make a alphabet.
This is En'daii (Endaii, English Daii, Small Script, Small Daii), adaptation of my big script Daii into latin.
This means that it fully supports English writing and pronunciation. And it also means that using it will be a no brainer!
Now I'll familiarize you with the letters.
attachment.php

Black are new letters, red is English.
The font itself is in the attachments, also here's the link to it on FontStruct which is where I made it.
http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/en_daii

I'm sorry, it's blocky. I can't make it look nice and smooth yet.
And if you wanna stamp my name just write in @.

If you wanna keep your language as alien as possible avoid using any of the characters that still look like their latin counterparts. The reason for this is because in this alphabet there are none of these additional characters like brackets. So I just added real ones.
As for the info on numerals. Originally in the big script I had no numerals, so I made them with letters. But it was different than this. I had no 0 and most letters had a numeric value. Still you use letters for numbers. Every letter for every number is marked.
So from "A" to "I" is 1 to 9. J is 0. While the unmarked have the same numeric values, use the marked ones instead. Though I'm not going to stop you.

The font is under Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial No Derivatives.
Which if you wanna know what it looks like, it's here.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

EDIT #3 - Update 1 (small):
- Changed how "O" looks.
attachment.php

- Changed how "L" looks. I got annoyed by the descender.
attachment.php

- Quotes are now same outside of Paint.

EDIT #2:
- updated the sheet again.
- added more text before the license.

EDIT #1:
-updated the character sheet.

Also a disclaimer:
Maybe you are wondering why the version isn't marked. Well fontstruct doesn't allow me to edit the
version info in the font itself plus I don't wanna edit their zip files which also aren't marked by version.

Attachments

• endaii.png
    endaii.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,489
  • O.png
    O.png
    230 bytes · Views: 357
  • L.png
    L.png
    262 bytes · Views: 315
  • en'daii.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 64