• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In-Game Font Overhaul

Level 4
so that's how you change in-game fonts, cool! +rep ;)

Current Project:
234239-albums6935-picture76567.png

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi

Works great ty:D

But I have a question when I remove the war3mapskin.txt after save then I save again the Font will change to defeult.So I don't understant that:

Note:"This will reset all custom edits made by you, and will also prevent custom edits made by you, from showing in-game. To fix this problem, simply save the map once you have imported the .txt's and the .ttf files, and then delete the war3mapskin.txt, but leave the .ttf files."

Pls explain to me:)Also which changes will do reset? coz nothing changed in my map.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Note to all that are getting a crash (figured this out myself):

Example:
[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=Fonts\NovaRound.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=Fonts\NovaRound.ttf
TextTagFont=Fonts\NovaRound.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=Fonts\NovaRound.ttf
MessageFont=Fonts\NovaRound.ttf
MasterFont=Fonts\NovaRound.ttf

If you copied the text with the Fonts\[FONTNAME].ttf
it crashes the map. Just remove the Fonts\ from the file so
it looks like this:

[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=NovaRound.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=NovaRound.ttf
TextTagFont=NovaRound.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=NovaRound.ttf
MessageFont=NovaRound.ttf
MasterFont=NovaRound.ttf

There, it should work fine now.
You should add this solution to the thread because I browsed through
all 5 pages of this thread and nobody suggested this.

The rest however is great info, works on my map. +rep

Level 5
Try This:

Thanks man it's work for its simple.
Copy the "font" do you like and paste it into desktop to easy to find.
Then open WE, go into Import Manager just press F12, and import your font and your "war3mapskin.txt" then Done.

Make sure your text inside in the notepad is your Font Name.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
:aa: :wthumbsup: :infl_thumbs_up: :mwahaha: :goblin_yeah:

HERE TEST FONT
WC3_Scrn_Shot_083014_194101_02.jpg
WC3_Scrn_Shot_083014_194107_04.jpg
WC3_Scrn_Shot_083014_194105_03.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kb4qh4sw40bohqu/Test+Font.w3m

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi

Works great ty:D

But I have a question when I remove the war3mapskin.txt after save then I save again the Font will change to defeult.So I don't understant that:

Note:"This will reset all custom edits made by you, and will also prevent custom edits made by you, from showing in-game. To fix this problem, simply save the map once you have imported the .txt's and the .ttf files, and then delete the war3mapskin.txt, but leave the .ttf files."

Pls explain to me:)Also which changes will do reset? coz nothing changed in my map.

I have the exact same problem i do not understand how this works. I managed to get my font working but i can't get it to keep font and keep my custom edits. Removing war3mapskin.txt just put default back on. Any tips how to solve that ?

Level 1
Help Text Star

I don't know English.very BAD
I need help in Picture.Code Text Star "★"
How to write.i don know Font :(
2_zpsbn3yqums.png

Thank for alls

Last edited:
Level 6
There is still a bit of work to do, but at the moment I think this should suffice. However, seeing as I have been inactive for a very long, most of the knowledge I had on this topic has probably been lost, so I'll attempt to help out where I can, but I am not an authority on the subject. Lets see if we can resurrect Apocalypse? ;)