• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Witcher 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

As Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is right around the corner, I felt like sharing my interest in the game and the franchise and also asking, who else is going to be playing as the famed Geralt of Rivia on the 19th/20th of May? Has anyone else also made some special preparations for the days around release? I know I'll be diving in as soon as I come home from my exams but what about you?

Also, what do you expect from the game? I know the devs promised a hell of a lot of stuff but do you think they can deliver? Let me know and good hunting :)

Level 24
I'm most likely going to buy it too I only hope Saskia and Iorveth are in the game. Saskia was always one of my favorite characters and I had to leave Triss Merigold and let the Kingdoms initiate a witch hunt to save Saskia but damn it if it wasn't worth it.

Level 24
Never understood why such hype. Never played this game and probably wont. Doesnt seem to be anything interesting. It reminds me of Dark Souls or something similiar.

I wouldn't say Dark Souls, yes the game will punish you for just rushing in unthinking even on the easiest difficulty. (At least that was the case in Witcher II.) But the game isn't balls to the wall hard.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Honestly, as a person who has played and enjoyed every single death in dark souls and dark souls 2, it felt nice that I had to rely on dodging and learning the enemy's attack patterns rather than mashing "Attack" until it dropped dead - the way lots of open world RPGs do it. I am also pretty happy with how the game feels. Unlike Witcher 2, Wild Hunt is a lot more responsive, in my opinion, and hitboxes work better. Also, horse combat is a lot of fun once you get used to the timings on the attacks.

As for Iorveth and Saskia, I am not 100% sure but I remember that either IGN or PC Gamer posted something bout Iorveth and Roche making a return. Personally, I am more looking forward to seeing Roche and rebuilding Temeria (I liked Foltest :D).

In other news, today I fought my first wraith, it was rather interesting and somewhat daunting at first but the pinnacle of the fight was when my silver sword started to break. Fun times.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Watched all the cut scenes from the main quest line. Damn that was like 8 hours of footage.

I played through a bit of it too. Progressing with the baron hide and seek bullshit atm. Really funny game but I find the level range odd. Go from the easy village to the closest one and it's freaking impossible. From level 4 to 10 or something.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Really? I personally didn't find higher level enemies that hard, though, admittedly, I was playing on normal and on death march even my level enemies are deadly.

Level 24
I don't know if you think this is the right place to post this on or not. I just thought that you people might be interested to know that the Witcher currently costs 1 euro on steam. (That's less than a 1,5 L carton of milk. :D) And the Witcher 2 costs 3 euros so that's as much as 2 cartons of milk. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.