• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you think of swearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So I have been a long time subscriber of AngryJoeShow, now this video popped in my sub feed; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-U2g99Y8_Y

The count of times he says fuck is over 100 >_< I know he swears like 10 times usually in his videos but enough is enufffff ! :(

I dunno if he's American where they swear all day and it's ok, but I wouldn't post a video on YouTube where I say f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck. Not everyone have same ethics as you.. -dislike and unsub bye bye

So what you hivers think of swearing at the same rate he did in the video? I don't mind if someone near me says fuck couple of times but he seems to use it way over board.

e: I cannot attach poll anymore once thread is created.... you vBulletin...

Well here's my own poll no ones gonna notice:

a) Same rate as he does is ok
b) I use swear words in my everyday speeches everywhere
c) B, but minus the official things (not including school/work place)
d) B, but only a little
e) With friends and in class (no family)
f) With friends (no class / family)
g) I try to avoid swearing

Level 13
Hey little fuckling, what the fucking fuck are you fucking bothering about, for fucks sake?
The fuck is fucking useful to fucking express yourself if you fucking can't handle a single fuck then your are fucked.

- fucking regards you smart ass fuck, have a fucking nice day.

btw, I try to avoid swearing.

Level 22
giphy.gif
"Fuck"

Level 15
well, anybody know "fuck song"? its really funny.
for me, swearing means nothing. Because they only say "Fuck you", or a kind of that. Its only some stupid words. And I never swearing.

Level 32
Hmm. Depends on the atmosphere where you are at. It's a habit of mine I am not ashamed of, but I can control it 100% when I want to.

"I dunno if he's American where they swear all day and it's ok"
Actually, it is looked down upon in the states. :D
Swearing is mostly for comedy in my area.

I'm not going to use the poll too, sorry :3

Level 15
Well, I don't mind swearing for something that is particularly bad. But if you use it all the time it looses it's potency and only makes you look like an illiterate peasant, something AngryJoe is currently leaning towards to.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So the greatest YouTuber atm , PewDiePie has always sweared a lot.

I can filter his swearing, I won't take any influences from his videos, but what about the younger audience of his?

He has the skills to use swearing in a comical way, he doesn't spam curse words mindlessly like the youtuber I linked to on my first post.

Still his comical, gaming-related videos attracts a lot of - even younger than 10-year old - people. Here's a channel I didn't like in the past, but now their videos are starting to seem more funnier than PewDie's to me :p Unfortunately they're suffering the lack of jokes like Smosh is doing atm, but that's not the main point here.

I'm throwing away another question: Should PewDiePie take more responsibility and recognize the young age of his audience?

No: It's not PewDiePie's fault, it's up to the parents to let their kids watch YouTube. I've seen 2-graders talk about p*rn and even claimed to watch all the sorts of it (gay, h*ntai etc. :S), how can swearing be so much more hurtful than p*rn so that Pewds should suffer from it over P*rn companies? Also his audience has got used to his swearing, if he stopped it, guess what'd happen to his view amounts? It would drop down drastically as he would've become something that his audience disliked. At the end of the day, it's his job, what's the point in taking unnecessary risks? Also he helps lots of teens to go over depression, or just cheers their day.

Yes: While PewDiePie made a video where he said "I acknowledge I swear too much", he turned into a comedy; every time he sweared, he'd shock himself with an electric collar. Just watch the video yourself, do you think it's supposed to be informative announcement or pure entertainment? Also even if he drastically tuned down his swearing, why couldn't he still help teens go over depression/cheer their days? Is the swearing really the only thing you see in his videos? If it is you're clearly too stubborn to look it the other way around. Also how can the parents watch their kid 24/7? No they can't. Bottom line stands: PewDiePie should take more responsibility over the content of his videos. He's taken the role to show the way for 8-year old boys who can't filter as much as you do. It might be hard to see in your perspective, but there's a reason why parents don't want to hear their kids swearing.

Level 22
If he became the greatest doing that then that must be a part of his selling point. He'll lose popularity if he suddenly omits that, and one who swears like him will take his place. I'm not saying that's not bad though.

Also, children are a lot more "evil" (I dunno what word to use, sorry) than what we think of them. I mean most children do the opposite of what they're told, unless they get beaten/spanked(sometimes works) by their guardians. They only start to listen when they get hurt or if they get into trouble.

I think the reason why the youth is attracted to swearing guys on videos is because it gives them a sense of superiority and maturity, just like how a boy feels like a man when he gets to taste his first beer (or any other alcohol) or puffs his first cigarette. We really can't stop them from looking/searching for things they want to see (like adult-oriented videos).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I think the reason why the youth is attracted to swearing guys on videos is because it gives them a sense of superiority and maturity, just like how a boy feels like a man when he gets to taste his first beer (or any other alcohol) or puffs his first cigarette. We really can't stop them from looking/searching for things they want to see (like adult-oriented videos).
No need to ponder on "what's the reason children tend to copy the habit of swearing?" :p

It's just as I've said, they can't filter it. I can filter PewDie's swearing, in other words I don't get influenced by his swearing. But younger audience can't.

Level 22
My point was that even if pewdiepie stops swearing, the viewers will find another that does.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Umm I wasn't answering to that >.< you had good point, even I included it in my post:
...if he stopped it, guess what'd happen to his view amounts? It would drop down drastically...
Although I didn't cover it as much as you did.

I quoted the sentence I was referring to :)

Level 8

Enough fucking today fucker. Fucking fuck more tonight fucking shit you fucking fuckface. You look like a fucking fuck. Fuck off. Fuck that. Fuck you. Fuck the fucking fuck. Fucking fucked up shit. What the fuck is a fuck. Maybe its a fucking fuck covered in a fucking spagetti and pizza. Or maybe its like a fucking shit. Fuck the watermills. Because fuck it. Fucking dafuq is fucking happening? Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Should I fucking stop? Yeah I fucking quit because Im fucking tired. Fuck.

Also, for some reason, when I want to say fuck, I say f ck instead. Its like I censor my own words. Also, I would ask what is a p*rn, but thanks to that guy I now know that its something gay lol. Also Im 13 years old.

Well, for me swearing is fine, as long as the one who is swearing is trying to make a point. Pointless swearing achieves no goal and only makes you look bad in the eyes of others. That is not the case with Angry Joe, he is angry (as you might've guessed :D) because some of the games he is reviewing suck balls, and he is trying to prove it and make it more genuine-sounding by swearing. Which is perfectly fine with me. Thus, it is often the same feeling the viewers feel when they've played the game and they know it sucks balls and what Joe is saying is true and agree with it, they want to swear too, so his swearing kinda satisfies their need to swear... or something like that :p
Also, did you know that people who swear a lot are more likely to be telling the truth? It is proven... somehow :D
Have a nice day.

Level 3
I avoid swearing. It's okay if they swear when they're angry or frustrated but not as an everyday expression. It's just ugly to hear it. It's like they're immature or raised poorly by their parents or by their teachers, after all public swearing is prohibited by law(depends on the country). Anyway it's just my opinion. No offense intended.

Level 14
I don't particularly think of swear words as "swear" words. At the end of the day, phrases are far more powerful than someone saying "fuck" a few times could ever be.

That being said, in terms of writing / songwriting I don't use "swear" words that much since I pretty much usually find much better and more eloquent ways to describe or emphasize something. I only use it in writing if I need it to describe in the moment raw anger / some other emotion.

In terms of my dialogue when speaking, I swear like a fuckin' sailor.

Words are words. Far as I'm concerned, anyone that can't handle someone saying the word fuck is, in all honesty, a pussy. They're weak, and probably shouldn't be given leadership positions; they can't handle a word, who's to say they can handle authority?

Go find a vulgar war veteran, or anyone that's been through an inordinate amount of torment and abuse. Unlike those weaklings I mentioned, these people don't give a fuck in hell about swearing. It doesn't matter to anyone but pampered babies.

Level 14
Words are words. Far as I'm concerned, anyone that can't handle someone saying the word fuck is, in all honesty, a pussy. They're weak, and probably shouldn't be given leadership positions; they can't handle a word, who's to say they can handle authority?

Go find a vulgar war veteran, or anyone that's been through an inordinate amount of torment and abuse. Unlike those weaklings I mentioned, these people don't give a fuck in hell about swearing. It doesn't matter to anyone but pampered babies.

I see where you're coming from but I disagree. It's not that certain people can't handle it, it's that some view those words as a breach of their personal ethics. I personally don't have any ethical qualms about "swear" words and in actual non-internet conversations I swear a fair amount, but numerous people do find it ethically wrong and thus are uncomfortable with it.

At the end of the day, while words such as "fuck" and "shit" are raw and can be juxtaposed with just about any phrase, there are far more powerful ways to say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.