• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the Best RPG game you ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
#DontForgetTheElderScrolls

I don't know, Skyrim and Oblivion never had any re-playability for me, once you had completed the content there was no real reason to re-play the games as there was nothing you could really do that differently. I think this is where Dragon Age Origins really shines. Even though the game only lasts 40 hours and Skyrim 100 I re-played Origins 10 times at least which made it last 400 hours.

I don't know, Skyrim and Oblivion never had any re-playability for me, once you had completed the content there was no real reason to re-play the games as there was nothing you could really do that differently. I think this is where Dragon Age Origins really shines. Even though the game only lasts 40 hours and Skyrim 100 I re-played Origins 10 times at least which made it last 400 hours.
Dragon Age is too not bad,its a very cool game.
Looks like the game "the elder scrolls" isn't for everyone.

Skyrim and Oblivion were pretty "meh" for me, when all was said and done. However, Morrowind will always be my favorite of the Elder Scrolls, and one of my favorite RPGs. Dragon Age: Origins is definitely one of my favorites as well.
I play Morrowind currently,because i have not a strong enough PC to play Oblivion and Skyrim. :p
EDIT:
All i know is that when i buy myself a new pc,i will play The Elder Scrolls online

Last edited by a moderator:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I play Morrowind currently,because i have not a strong enough PC to play Oblivion and Skyrim. :p
EDIT:
All i know is that when i buy myself a new pc,i will play The Elder Scrolls online

Yes, Skyrim really sucked partially as the areas were really repetitive and there was very few unique quests or styles to play. Also it was really over easy. You could go pretty much everywhere you liked at any time where as in some other games for example Gothic, you die if you go around randomly.

Level 24
Yes, Skyrim really sucked partially as the areas were really repetitive and there was very few unique quests or styles to play. Also it was really over easy. You could go pretty much everywhere you liked at any time where as in some other games for example Gothic, you die if you go around randomly.

I once tried to go legendary from the start but twilight of the gods that proved difficult. You needed to hit an enemy 40 times to kill it and they 1 shotted you. It made even a foe such as a wolf a difficult target. Granted once you reached level thirty anything but a giant was easy as dirt. :D

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I once tried to go legendary from the start but twilight of the gods that proved difficult. You needed to hit an enemy 40 times to kill it and they 1 shotted you. It made even a foe such as a wolf a difficult target. Granted once you reached level thirty anything but a giant was easy as dirt. :D

Yes but in my eyes game can be difficult and at the same time not frustrating. The situation is an overeasy and lazy way to make game difficult.

Level 7
Theres a game yet to be released anywhere but asia at the moment but I have been watching it since I first heard of it and I am impressed. They originally had some games on xbox original and made one for 360 but have discontinued console games until ps4 and this game as so compatible. http://kuf2.mmog.asia/ its an MMORTSRPG

Featuring 20v20 online battles with all of your having up to 6 armies each.
Plus its made to run on cheaper computers so mass armys can run at the same time like starcraft.
Has custom modes with castle sieges and many other environments.

Level 29
I had play the original Kingdom under Fire with 2d graphics that looks a bit like starcraft(visually). It even had those indoor levels,where you control an hero unit in a castle/dungeon, similar to installation levels.
It was imbalanced i remember, dark side had better cost-efficient dark elf ranged units so they did almost always win.

Level 7
I had play the original Kingdom under Fire with 2d graphics that looks a bit like starcraft(visually). It even had those indoor levels,where you control an hero unit in a castle/dungeon, similar to installation levels.
It was imbalanced i remember, dark side had better cost-efficient dark elf ranged units so they did almost always win.

Yea but the campaign was fun :p and very challenging.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows. Isn't really RPG by genre, but hey - you're a Master Thief! You get to rob and blackjack people and often just by sneaking around you hear many stories from the characters, so your immersion into the world skyrockets. I love that. I really felt like I was a part of that world, which I believe is the goal of any "RPG" even thought thief isn't necesarily an rpg.

Also love Dishonored, but I was a butcher there rather than a thief. I still robbed people, but I first massacred them.

Level 21
@TheLordofChaos201,We are going to require a large sum of money.Also,wouldn't all Indie games be phenomenal?

@Deathcom3s,I agree with you.That's why I'm rather going to wait for TES VI

@Razosh.Legendary is extremely painful at the start,I agree.But I don't agree that on lvl 30 everything is easy.I still had a hard time with my mage.Anything with a bow was a huge problem because of the epic damage.Also,new enemies start appearing when you reach higher levels.Overall,I didn't like the difficulties of skyrim.I liked Oblivion's more,since the 'hard' part of the slider was actually hard,while the 'easy' part was easy and they were not super easy or super hard

Level 24
@Razosh.Legendary is extremely painful at the start,I agree.But I don't agree that on lvl 30 everything is easy.I still had a hard time with my mage.Anything with a bow was a huge problem because of the epic damage.Also,new enemies start appearing when you reach higher levels.Overall,I didn't like the difficulties of skyrim.I liked Oblivion's more,since the 'hard' part of the slider was actually hard,while the 'easy' part was easy and they were not super easy or super hard

Maybe, I've only tried it as a stealth class, once you've got good equipment plus good stealth and one handed levels everyone is pretty much a push over.

Level 15
Oblivion is the furthest thing from difficult. The level scaling that they first introduced with Oblivion was an absolute joke, it ensured that you were able to kill every monster you ran into. It was only bearable once I installed the OOO mod, which pretty much completely removed the level scaling aspect. You could run into any monster at any time, regardless of your level.

Level 21
Oblivion is the furthest thing from difficult. The level scaling that they first introduced with Oblivion was an absolute joke, it ensured that you were able to kill every monster you ran into. It was only bearable once I installed the OOO mod, which pretty much completely removed the level scaling aspect. You could run into any monster at any time, regardless of your level.

I played the total conversion "Nehrim" for Oblivion, which was very enjoyable, since basically the base game, as described by you, felt very restricting. By the way: "Enderal" the next total conversion for Skyrim by the same developers (sureai) looks promising as well.

On topic:

Morrowind
Deus Ex 1
Fallout 1-2 (3 and New Vegas to some degree, if modded)
Gothic 1-2 (3 with modding)
Baldurs Gate and genre brothers like Icewind Dale/Dragon Age Origins

Recently Skyrim managed to spark a comparable enthusiasm, to my surprise, but other than that i'm not really enjoying newer rpg titles

Status
Not open for further replies.