• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Titan has been cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
^ I lol'd xD
On a relevant note, I agree that it shows that Blizzard still cares about their games. I mean, The way they are building hype for Warlords of Draenor is quite something else!
I don't think Blizzard had me this hyped for a game since Cataclysm
(Let's just hope it doesn't tread in Cataclysm's foot steps :/)

Level 14
They cancelled it because really.... they can still make a lot of money from WoW. No MMO Universe is as loved as the Warcraft one. Also WoW is looking better with each expansion. No real reason to make a new MMO.

Level 13
Funny , after 7 years of development , they just wasted 50 million dollars for nothing... I hope they will realize that , a waste of money and time.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/23/blizzards-mmo-titan-canceled-after-seven-years-in-development/
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/24/titan-cancellation-may-have-cost-blizzard-more-than-50-million/

Oh well , i think they are just "maintaining" their beautiful reputation/games , they dont want to disappoint gamers.

It just goes to show, that they really care about the games they release.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I think they just don't know how to remove leaks, the game fails, project's cancelled, go home..

"We didn't find the fun," Morhaime continued. "We didn't find the passion. We talked about how we put it through a reevaluation period, and actually, what we reevaluated is whether that's the game we really wanted to be making. The answer is no.
That's a valid reason, don't do something you don't like... normally

Status
Not open for further replies.