• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraria: Your Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I wonder if many of our members played this game. If you do, can you share for me some of your character builds, please?

I'm assuming you're talking end-game builds? (In expert mode?) if so, I found the Nebula Armor will provide significant survivability with the health regen buffs you can collect - and it also applies to nearby team members! You can stack some serious firepower too, if you can sacrifice some Warding modifiers on your accessories for some damage ones (I generally go for Lucky for a +4% crit). You would of course want mage-related gear: Sorcerer Emblem and the like. I also use Celestial Emblem to get mana star drops easily. Two accessories I always much have are the Charm of Myths and Ankh Shield, preferably with a Warding modifier - give s a total of 12 shields, which is a fantastic bonus in expert mode. Another I tend to always have on me is the Celestial Shell for all the stats bonus. In terms of weapons, Last Prism if you can farm it from the Moon Lord, Nebula Gauntlets and Lunar Flare. Nebular Arcanum is good, but the gauntlets allow you to spam them without much care as the projectiles home in on the enemy. The Arcanum's missiles are also really slow, and you generally want to avoid getting hit in expert mode altogether.

If you're going melee, Solar Armor, obviously, and all your modifiers on Warding for maximum protection. Ankh Shield, Celestial Shell, Charm of Myths, and a Yoyo Bag if you're going to use a Terrarian as your weapon of choice. Otherwise replace with somethign like a Warrior Emblem or Destroyer Emblem for some bonus damage. A Frozen Turtle Shell is good for any build for the damage reduction. Weapons should always include a Solar Eruption. That weapon is beast.

I havent really tried a ranger build, but crystal bullets are deceptively powerful because the fragments also deal damage, and if all your modifiers are on Lucky, you crit like a maniac (something like 86% crit chance). So a Vortex Beater or Phantasm will generally guarantee a ton of damage with crystal bullets/holy arrows (S.D.M.G. if you made the Moon Lord drop one). Having a Sniper Scope as accessory is recommended. Keep in mind that the Vortex Armor set has more overall armor than the Nebula Armor set.

As for summoner... well, idk. The armor rating on that is kinda pathetic, so I can never survive for very long with it on expert. dunno. It's good for afk farming because the dragon is really, really good for that, but in boss fights, be prepared to mostly run away and take as least damage as you can.

Also farm the Cosmic Car Keys from the Martian Madness UFO (make a bunker - no doors, use actuators/Rod of Discords/teleporters to get in or out - nothing in the martian madness can go through terrain. Farm with either Daedalus Storm Bow [with holy arrows if you have them], or Meteor Staff/Lunar Flare). Otherwise you'll have to sacrifice one accessory slot for wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.