• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skyrim Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
It's been a while since I had this problem.
Skyrim just crashes after 2min-3h of gameplay.
No error, no message.
Just quits to desktop.
I have 25 mods intalled.
I have also installed ENBoost and Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) as a try to fix it.
Still hapens.
Bellow is the mods installed as BOSS says they are.
I have unsubscribed some mods but some of the are still here.

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

breezehomelightingfix.esp
better dynamic snow.esp Active
alvor's house dynamic.esp Active
realraincot.esp Version 5 Active
mintylightningmod.esp Active
birds.esp Active
Contains dirty edits: 376 ITM, 2 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
dragonsoulstoperks.esp Active
lanterns of skyrim - around cities_bright.esp Active
Note: Obsolete. Update to latest version.
marchanditinerant.esp Active
morewar.esp Active
werewolvesofskyrim.esp Active
evil mastermind armor.esp Active
isilnarsil.esp Active
Contains dirty edits: 17 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
bettercitiesnewfarm.esp Active
Contains dirty edits: 1 ITM, 1 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
betterwinterhold.esp Active
buildablehouse.esp Active
elvenwood.esp Active
lighterdragonitems.esp Active
armored-horses.esp Active
cbbecurvy.esp Active
faster vanilla horses.esp Active
walk.esp Active
tos_amber_guard.esp Active
Contains dirty edits: 36 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
sos - the wilds.esp Version 1.13 Active
Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
Contains dirty edits: 8 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
sos - civilization.esp Version 1.02
Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
climatesoftamriel.esp Version 1.0 Active
private_nokillblur_test.esp Active
crimson tide - blood.esp Active
getSnowy.esp Active

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I have 25 mods intalled.
I have also installed ENBoost and Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) as a try to fix it.
Both could be the problem. The game is only intended to work when used in its standard un-moded form. Any mods may or may not work and are not the developers responsibility.

I advise re-installing (not all mods are removable) and seeing if it still crashes with no mods installed.

The randomness with time could also be related to resource consumption (hardware or driver defect). Does it crash sooner or later when in a resource intensive scene compared to an un-intensive scene.

Level 16
You should get the alpha ver of skse, the latest unofficial patches, update all mods, check for incompatibilities, clean them of dirty edits, create a bashed patch, use boss, manually sort load order and start a new game. Do not uninstall or install any mods unless you are planning on starting a new game. Do that and you shouldn't experience any crashes.

Level 14
Dr Super Good, this problem has occured before I ''installed'' (or however this is called) ENBoost and SKSE. And yes, without mods, it doesn't crash.

GunSlinger21, I have tried a lot of things you mention and I have checked incompatitable mods.
Actually, yesterday, I have used TES5Edit to clean the master files of Update.exe and HeartFires.exe and I experienced no crash.
However this could be just luck.

I think the problem is some mod conflict or the script can hold all these mods (25 total). However I have checked the mod pages (all come from steam workshop) and I deleted some mods that cause incompabilities and stuff.

Since then, I haven't experienced any crash.

*Crosses fingers*

P.S. Is the load order correct?

Btw
+2rep:goblin_yeah:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Reinstall and re-apply. Most mod makers have little idea what they are doing and do not make "friendly" mods. By this I mean the mods often cannot be un-applied due to poor practices or errors in actually making the mod. I know this from freelancer, a heavily mod based game and their solution was to reinstall after every major mod change.

Level 14
Reinstall and re-apply.

All mods?

GunSlinger21, will do so.

Thank you both.
Will try to rep as soon as possible (need to spread).

IMPORTANT NOTICE AND QUESTION:

I noticed that in appdata/Skyrim there are some files.
Two of them are plugin.txt and loadorder.txt
The loadorder file contain the load order above (in my first post, the hidden one) as well as the unsublscribed mods, while the plugins contain the mods in the same order as Data Files (the button in the skyrim launcher).
It said NOT to edit the plugins.txt so I copied it and pasted it in the loadorder.txt above the list (I kept Skyrim and Updte though).
Was that safe, or I'm as stupid as shit?

EDIT!

Even though I did the thing post up, it crashed again.
And BOSS still found my old mods.
So, I UTTERLY DESTROYED BOSS AND ALL OF ITS DAMN COMPONENTS FOREVER!!!
Then I re-downloaded it, and put it to order my mods.
So here is the new mods list (I think the proper one) as ordered by BOSS:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
HearthFires.esm
better dynamic snow.esp
alvor's house dynamic.esp
realraincot.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
dragonsoulstoperks.esp
more plants.esp
morewar.esp
werewolvesofskyrim.esp
evil mastermind armor.esp
isilnarsil.esp
betterwinterhold.esp
buildablehouse.esp
lighterdragonitems.esp
armored-horses.esp
cbbecurvy.esp
faster vanilla horses.esp
walk.esp
sos - the wilds.esp
sos - civilization.esp
climatesoftamriel.esp
private_nokillblur_test.esp
crimson tide - blood.esp
getSnowy.esp
heljarchenfarm.esp
murtauh's village.esp

Makes much more sense.
Even HearthFire is on the place it should be.
Played for 30min without using SKSE.
No crash even though I fast travelled 1000 times and waited 2144 times.
Still, that might be a coincidence.

Last edited:
Level 14
GunSlinger21, done.

I also cleaned with TESVEdit 2 mods (using the same way as I cleaned master files. Select the mod, Apply Filter For Cleaning, Remove "Identical to Master" records and Undelete and Disable References).
BOSS no longer founds em dirty.

I also read somewhere that Skyrim detect a maximum of 2GB RAM.
And I also read that there is a program which increase the limit to 4GB.
My PC has 3GB RAM.
Is that true?
And if so, which is the program?

Status
Not open for further replies.