• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG or RTS?

RPG or RTS

• RPG

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • RTS

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Which one do you prefer?For me this is extremely hard to answer since i love both

In the end,i prefer RPGs because its fun for me to play one,specific,important role.The choice and unique ways you can improve your one,special character is great.I especially enjoyed this in The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age Origins

Level 32
Absolutely
image.php

I remember when that badge was everywhere :)

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

RTS, but not just because of Warcraft III.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Which one do you prefer?For me this is extremely hard to answer since i love both

In the end,i prefer RPGs because its fun for me to play one,specific,important role.The choice and unique ways you can improve your one,special character is great.I especially enjoyed this in The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age Origins

This was a hard decision for me too, because I like both genres.

Real time strategy games are my favorite genre because you get to build a base and army, on a unique map, and develop and use different strategies for your conquest, depending on your race or in game situation.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have pondered many times about what a RTS/RPG combination could be like. The solution really is not a simple one.

Do you have each player with a sort of "god" hero unit and "worshiper" followers? Or do you allow them to be either a RPG or RTS? Or do you abstract the RPG element above the RTS element so that your RTS capabilities level up? Or do you have a hero which summons minions based on your power?

It is not easily solved. I would certainly like to dabble in it at one stage if I can find the motivation.

So far both WC3 and SC2 have failed to pull it off in a solid way. WC3 melee is about the closet I have seen but due to a lack of persistence it gets boring quite fast.

Level 21
i am a big fan of both but there is very few rts games being released these days and even rpgs is in short supply these days. i have xbox one and playstation 4 and the only rpg i have found for them that i know of is final fantasy type 0.(i have found no rts games for them or pc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.