• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LoL vs DotA2

LoL vs Dota2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Vote for it! :)

I voted for LoL

Zed

Zed

Level 7
DotA sucks full of imbalances,full of shit,full of quitters,full of feeders and full of trashtalkers.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

LoL is entertaining. Dota is imbalanced sack of shit.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

LoL is leading the poll with 100%, how about u dota players go away?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

LoL has lost its lead, it now has only 50% votes :'( damn dotards.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Lol I don't take internet that seriously :D

My posts on hive most often don't represent my real opinions.

So you say the game is balanced? Tell me, how can it have changing meta if it is balanced? Like the video explains.

Level 12
My posts on hive most often don't represent my real opinions.
While it's ok joke around sometimes, your posts should mostly represent your opinion, else we could just replace you by a bot spilling random sentences.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'll just stick to LoL for now.

Even though the "perfect" imbalance kinda ruins the fun sometimes, I just have to bare through it...

I mean LoL is still really really nice game, but these few flaws weight so much: 1) Toxic community 2) "Perfect" imbalance

Say is there toxic community in dota too?

I mean:
1. You pick a role in lobby, then someone instalocks the hero for that role
2. If players have good luck in game and are high on gear, then see teammates die, they yell "report my team bunch of noobs plz" in all chat
3. If players solo against enemies and die, they blame their team for it
4. If players are gold and play unranked, they expect their allies to play as good as them, and when they don't they yell at their allies

And by balance, you mean there is no:
1. RIDICULOUS damage output possiblities. Just in my prev. game I saw player with 700 AP, meaning he could deal 50% of my HP with one attack with ridiculously low CD.
2. Hero that can turn undieable for 5 secs, even under CC? (Tryndamere)
3. Hero that is impossible to be beat when he ganks you on 1v1? (Master Yi)
4. Hero that kills you? (Garen's ulti)
5. Hero that can blink in center of your team and seriously hurt you all? (Katarina's ulti)

Basically can you say there's no burst damage? Burst damage seems to kill off the fun, at least for me.

Level 25
I
Say is there toxic community in dota too?

I mean:
1. You pick a role in lobby, then someone instalocks the hero for that role
2. If players have good luck in game and are high on gear, then see teammates die, they yell "report my team bunch of noobs plz" in all chat
3. If players solo against enemies and die, they blame their team for it
4. If players are gold and play unranked, they expect their allies to play as good as them, and when they don't they yell at their allies

And by balance, you mean there is no:
1. RIDICULOUS damage output possiblities. Just in my prev. game I saw player with 700 AP, meaning he could deal 50% of my HP with one attack with ridiculously low CD.
2. Hero that can turn undieable for 5 secs, even under CC? (Tryndamere)
3. Hero that is impossible to be beat when he ganks you on 1v1? (Master Yi)
4. Hero that kills you? (Garen's ulti)
5. Hero that can blink in center of your team and seriously hurt you all? (Katarina's ulti)

Basically can you say there's no burst damage? Burst damage seems to kill off the fun, at least for me.
url

1. That's called a farmed carry, prevent him from getting his gold early-mid game and he won't be that über. It's a team game.
2. Well we have Omniknight that can turn his whole team invulnerable against normal attacks for 6-9 seconds (spells still work), Abbadon's ulti heals him if you attack him. Sounds op? Well stop hitting him for 6 seconds.
3. Depends on what you play as, but if you think that a support should defeat a carry/ganker/etc 1v1, then you're playing the wrong game.
4. Nope, no hero kills anyone, this is a peacemaking game.
5. Yupp.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

And how is that "Earth Shaker" balanced? Does he need a lot of farm to get so fed or can he easily achieve that burst damage?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

That doesn't answer my question :/

Nah I'll stick to LoL, I feel like Dota 2 has imbalances with high burst damages.

Level 24
Seems like those retards are playing LCS are they?
You kill creeps to win the game :p

(I know what you mean but still.)

In my opinion, LoL is better. That is why I play LoL. That is why I became better at it and DotA would be even worse for me :D

However, as said before, LoL allows more flashy plays.
I have never ever seen true skill matchups in DotA.

Also, LoL is more based on players' skill than knowledge of the game.
LoL is a complex game that is explained in simplicity.
DotA is a complex game that is explained in complexity.
(Depth is also inside a complex game.)
So people will understand how LoL works faster instead of playing a lot of the game without understanding what actually happens.
So new people will start play LoL rather than DotA.

Last but not least.
LoL has better community... Naw actually not :D
Even though, last time I played DotA 2 I said gl & hf at start of the match... people started flaming... 5 games in a row.
In LoL that only happens in 1 out of 5 games in these days. (This also depends on the time when you play.)
I guess that they are equal in this problem.

Now that I've been playing Dota 2 for some time, I vote for it because it has more potential, not only in abilities and mechanics but in items. (BKB, Blademail, Malevolence, etc.) In LoL, that potential is in the scalings of abilities (late game casters), but most of the time it is only in damage and when it's not it still doesn't amount to the potential Dota/2 items give. In Dota/2 they also give speed more freely, I observed (Darius' and Axe's kits). Which is quite great.

Level 34
Speaking of items, Smite has the best items in any moba I've played. Well balanced; good choices allowing for various builds, and nothing being necessary (see BKB). While some might find it lame, it's also noob friendly by removing physical damage items or magical damage items based on which type your God uses. You can't really mess up.

DotA2 has good items, but some of them are retarded, like BKB. It's really fun how powerful some items are, but I still have issues with it.

LoL has a pretty mediocre item system. It's not balanced well and there is barely any variation on builds. Also summoner spells are so poorly balanced and kinda lame. Especially when compared to Smite's Active Items system. Yet I like LoL more than DotA 2 and I haven't formed an opinion between Smite and LoL.

TL;DR Smite items > DotA items > LoL items.

Status
Not open for further replies.