• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get better at CS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So I just got the game and the maps are pretty cool looking ;O

the problem is I die all the time. I always rush to the field to get killed.

what guns should I use? i like the two pistols who cost the most in the pistol menu

when should I camp? when should I advance? i dunno D:

Level 22
Go Rambo, use the knife. Stay at dark corridors, behind boxes and ambush. Become a shadow, become a ninja... LOL just kidding. Just practice a lot, that usually works.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

try to kill the enemies, that usually helps
it's so hard they seem to always endure more bullets than me :( one time I tried camping like a lot of ppl do but that did nothing ..

Go Rambo, use the knife. Stay at dark corridors, behind boxes and ambush. Become a shadow, become a ninja... LOL just kidding. Just practice a lot, that usually works.
They shoot me 1000 times before I get to close range :( When I do get the first hit they just get back and shoot me..

Level 13
it's so hard they seem to always endure more bullets than me :( one time I tried camping like a lot of ppl do but that did nothing ..

They shoot me 1000 times before I get to close range :( When I do get the first hit they just get back and shoot me..

Sounds like you are having trouble with hitting people. You should play one of the casual modes like Arms race. Learn how to hit stuff with certain weapons and as soon as you are good at it play the other modes.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Sounds like you are having trouble with hitting people. You should play one of the casual modes like Arms race. Learn how to hit stuff with certain weapons and as soon as you are good at it play the other modes.
I dunno what are modes? Isn't the meaning of counter strike to counter the attack of terrorists who try to plant the bomb?

Also I've noticed 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of player base consists of Russians :(

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Use your loneliness and anger to fuel your determination to hit the bullseye.

What if when I play with friends and am happy (1% possibility LOL) :(

Yeah I think the accuracy is pretty necessary...

Does anyone know if the matchmaking is any good? This far I've only joined servers via server list

Level 11
I think I can help a bit. :D
First, you need to know the map. There are lots of camping spots, you need to know them to avoid being killed. Also, choosing a good attacking route is important as well as a nice defensive spot.

Second, read the radar and try to guess where your enemies are and what they are thinking. If a place is guarded by 4 people, it is probably not a good idea to go there alone, try to lure some of them out or using your flash grenade wisely.

Third, the basic of FPS games: good aiming. I have been playing CS for 10 years and CS:GO for a while, these two games are basically the same in terms of aiming. Don't panic when you see someone, aim before you fire. NIP is one of the best, or maybe the best, professional CS and CS:GO teams in the world. One of its member -- Friberg made a video to teach people how to aim and to deal with the recoil. I think it is beneficial to you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9nYs4K5e4
If you can spend at least 50 hours on the training map mentioned in the video, you will be a lot better in game: better aiming, better reflexes.

Fourth, play Death-Match mode. If you are new to CS or CS:GO, you get killed often which makes it harder for you to improve your skills because you spend most of your time waiting for the next round. However, you get re-spawned immediately when playing a Death-Match(DM). Playing DM also helps you to know the map faster and forced you to concentrate on the game the whole time, which is really helpful.

Last but not least, get a headset and pay attention to the footstep. Although some experienced players press "shift" when they are moving, most of the players on pub server don't do that. As a result, you can anticipate incoming enemies by listening to the footstep and reading the radar.

I hope this helps. Have fun!

Edit:
1. Aiming for the head.
2. In terms of weapon, it depends on how much $ you have, but try to use rifles all the time. As T, you want to use AK-47 or Galil(if your $ is insufficient), as CT, you want to use M4 or FAMAS(if your $ is insufficient). If you want to play sniping then just use AWP. SG 553 and SCAR-20 are improved in CS:GO. But I highly recommend you practice with your rifles first. Oh, in terms of handgun, USP is a decent one, but I prefer DesertEagle for its instant kill if you headshot someone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

DM? Hm, is there team death match? I don't like playing ffa :'(

Headsets mess my hair so I won't use them lol sorry...

50 hours is more than 3 weeks of gaming >_< imma play that map like hour...

Level 11
DM? Hm, is there team death match? I don't like playing ffa :'(

Headsets mess my hair so I won't use them lol sorry...

50 hours is more than 3 weeks of gaming >_< imma play that map like hour...

Yes, DM is a team game. I updated my post above in case you want to know about guns.

Edit: you don't have to play 50 hours on that map in order to have better aiming, but if you want to improve your aiming, you can try to play that training map for at least 10 mins before playing on a pub server. :) It also helps.

$hift removes foot sounds?
Yes, it does.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

1. Aiming for the head.
When I observe others I see they usually aim at the feet, maybe even little lower so it seems like theyre shooting at the ground :O are they hackers??

Thanks for gun tips :p

Level 11
When I observe others I see they usually aim at the feet, maybe even little lower so it seems like theyre shooting at the ground :O are they hackers??

Thanks for gun tips :p

Always try to headshot someone, :D
I think you are talking about spraying. If you see someone aiming at the feet, they are probably spraying. When you spray, you aim for the head first, and then move your crosshair down to deal with the recoil. Spray does not work for long distance shooting, but its really good at mid and close range. For long range shooting, you want to fire 2 bullets (or 1 bullet if it's a really long range) and wait for the crosshair going back to its normal position while keeps moving left and right (press A and D)to avoid being hit.

Oh, and remember not to move at the moment you fire your weapon, you won't be able to hit anything while moving, you may get a lucky shot, but it's bad.

Level 12
If you want an easy weapon to kill people use CT weapon m4a1-s, if you want to train hard go for AK/m4a4.Also Geshishouhu seems like an experienced player and its better to listen him.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Does anyone know if the matchmaking is any good? This far I've only joined servers via server list
I'd love to hear something about this :( Reason why I won't just test it myself is that I can't tolerate that much game time a week.

Also what are divisions in cs go? Silver etc. Do they affect matchmaking or is there mmr?

Level 12
Yes there are ranks, and they affect your matchmaking, there is not a numerical mmr.

Level 15
I use Ninja Parkour Assassin Shotgun style, LOL
Well, that work on CS source. Jumping obstacle, shot with shotgun
In CSGO, not work :(
I like to jumping when shooting, jumping around on corridor, use heavy machine gun and spamming. Works like a PRO

Level 15
Also another tip. Turn on the classic crosshair, the "new modern" crosshair is CS:GO is a bizarre spawn insane design decisions and too much coffee.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hm yeah the dot is really hard to see >.<

I haven't played it since 10.8. maybe I will play the game when autumn break hits :p Thanks for your tips, I'll need 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.