[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Gamer's Hub > General Gaming

General Gaming A place to discuss any game not covered by our other sections.

View Poll Results: Have you done this,
I've played but now I'm not playing anymore. 45 19.23%
I've played and I still play. 181 77.35%
I didn't play but I saw some of them. 4 1.71%
Damn I hate them. 4 1.71%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered User Jake Command Wolf
Tactical Muffin Incoming!

Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)
I just reinstalled Diablo II: Lord of Destruction not even a week ago, recreated my Druid (favorite class by the way) and I'm already near the end of Act I.

Gotta love classics like this that you can just play over and over again.

Looky, looky! I gots a draggy! You want a draggy too? Go to http://dragcave.net!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered User Geazergimli2
A Wise Youngster

Geazergimli2 will become famous soon enough (117)Geazergimli2 will become famous soon enough (117)Geazergimli2 will become famous soon enough (117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Command Wolf View Post
Gotta love classics like this that you can just play over and over again.
Yes.. sadly though there aren't a lot of classics i can play :( (IE Disciples : Sacred Lands, Might and Magic 6-8, Lands of Lore III).... it could be cause im running on Windows 7 premium rather than home edition, but none the less im still able to play diablo 2 and starcraft at least :)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered User Ramza
Map Maker

Ramza is just really nice (398)Ramza is just really nice (398)Ramza is just really nice (398)Ramza is just really nice (398)Ramza is just really nice (398)
But you can just play those other games in compability mode. Or have you tried that already?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered User andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (61)andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (61)
compatibility mode doesnt always work. i could try to help with lands of lore 3 though. if i get it working myself i will tell you how.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #245 (permalink)
A Wise Youngster

Geazergimli2 will become famous soon enough (117)Geazergimli2 will become famous soon enough (117)Geazergimli2 will become famous soon enough (117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasaspenberg View Post
compatibility mode doesnt always work. i could try to help with lands of lore 3 though. if i get it working myself i will tell you how.
oo wow thanks man, i love that game! havent played it in 10 years! hope you find a way :D
Old 04-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered User andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (61)andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (61)
in the meantime i could try to help you with other games. just tell me what games you have problems with and i will try to help you.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #247 (permalink)
A Wise Youngster

Well the games i really really wanted to play were the original Might and Magic VI-VIII, and Disciples : Sacred Lands... i tried every compatibility, but i can't seem to get them to work, i really wish steam would just put these games on there list like they do with a lot of old games to which all of them work on my computer.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered User Jake Command Wolf
Tactical Muffin Incoming!

Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)Jake Command Wolf has a spectacular aura about (123)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geazergimli2 View Post
Well the games i really really wanted to play were the original Might and Magic VI-VIII, and Disciples : Sacred Lands... i tried every compatibility, but i can't seem to get them to work, i really wish steam would just put these games on there list like they do with a lot of old games to which all of them work on my computer.
One of the greatest drawbacks of any Windows after Windows XP is its near complete loss of reverse compatibility with older programs, most notably older games, its also the reason why I won't upgrade to anything past the latest service package for XP.

The reason older Blizzard titles like Starcraft, Diablo and Diablo II are still playable even in Vista and Windows 7 is because Blizzard puts great care into making their games and keeps them constantly updating with the times.

Also Diablo II and Starcraft are still played on line via Battle.net, another reason they are kept up to date with ever evolving operating system.

Looky, looky! I gots a draggy! You want a draggy too? Go to http://dragcave.net!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #249 (permalink)
A Wise Youngster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Command Wolf View Post
One of the greatest drawbacks of any Windows after Windows XP is its near complete loss of reverse compatibility with older programs, most notably older games, its also the reason why I won't upgrade to anything past the latest service package for XP.

The reason older Blizzard titles like Starcraft, Diablo and Diablo II are still playable even in Vista and Windows 7 is because Blizzard puts great care into making their games and keeps them constantly updating with the times.

Also Diablo II and Starcraft are still played on line via Battle.net, another reason they are kept up to date with ever evolving operating system.
lol ya i cant really see blizzard ever disappointing us, they take a lot of pride in making there games, lol every one of them won game of the year it seems like xD

As for Disciples : Sacred Lands, it absolutely works now! i dont know how, but i was able to install it today like 5 minutes ago, it made my mouth drop when i saw the setup xD im so happy :D
Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered User Raguzert
User

Raguzert is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Hmm, I have played some old games when they were not too old. digimon world, dragon force, Lufia II, mordor: ruins of dejenol, dragon quest IV... so on.
Actually, it's the experience from those games that makes me dislike some newer games, specially when they are dumbly easy. Though I do not miss some older games, like asteroid or space invaders from my atari.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered User Drakz
Impossible Unpredictable

Drakz is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Definitely, I had the old Sega Mega Drive as a kid, and then the PS1, but I download emulators and DosBox to play them now. Good ol Sonic, Mario, Super Smash Bros.
I also loved playing DooM, and Jazz Jackrabbit, Monster Bash, Commander Keen, Tales of Phantasia, Seiken Densetsu 3, Wacky Wheels, Spyro The Dragon, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat,....
I could go on and on.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered User TaShadan
Warcraft 2.5

TaShadan will become famous soon enough (95)TaShadan will become famous soon enough (95)TaShadan will become famous soon enough (95)
i grew up with "old" games and i still play some of them from time to time
like bw, wc1 and wc2

PS: i loved the games on my AMIGA... turrican, apiday, fire power, settler1, dune2 and many many more
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered User andreariona
WoW: Heroes Return

andreariona is a jewel in the rough (244)andreariona is a jewel in the rough (244)andreariona is a jewel in the rough (244)andreariona is a jewel in the rough (244)
I play tetris, sometimes. no matter how pro you are, nobody ever win that game.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered User Swazi Spring
User

Swazi Spring has little to show at this moment (3)
Yep, I find myself playing the old Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games all the time. I don't play too many games from before the mid-90s though.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered User Da Fist
Chasing Pokemon X and Y

Da Fist is a jewel in the rough (169)
Heh. Found this on the forum after I beat Contra WITHOUT CHEAT CODES~ . My big bro dug out his old console, let me played Contra ( he didn't let me when I was younger ). His face was like O.o when I finished it.

Also, currently playing Monster Rancher 2, with my frikin Kato ( Kato+Hare )with INT SPD 999 and others 700 ( 6th monster )
Closed Thread