• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Souls: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I got it a while ago, played some 20+ hours, not sure if I beat it or not, most likely not. I believe I was midway through the DLCs when I got distracted by other games. The original Dark Souls 2 I've run through several times but even with very good knowledge of the levels I still got killed by the refreshed placements every now and again. Some of them are really good and improved while others got me staring at my screen asking "Why the fuck would the desert sorceresses be in the Drangleic armory?".

On a side note, try using a magic mace +6. Ruin sentinels go down very fast when you use blunt or magic damage. Dual wield if you have the stats, will probably make the fight easy. Also, do light every sconce in "The Gutter". Some of them have very neat items close-by.

Level 19
The funny point is I don't have a mace but I am considering buying one because dodging their attacks are only a matter of chance and most likely a very low chance when there's two of them attacking non stop.

I'll farm some souls to buy a mace tho.

I watched lots of lore videos to get the feeling of the game search "Vaati Vidya" or Vadya he explains very thoroughly. It makes sense to play the game with knowing a few things. The game lacks the story implementation you just start as a guy and the guy kills soldiers and bosses and creatures and kills more, doessn't make sense :/

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I personally find it very enjoyable and interesting to find out the lore myself via item descriptions and riddles hidden in dialogues while also filling in the gaps with my own interpretations. The implementation of this, however, was by far better in Dark Souls 1.

As for dodging the attacks of the sentinels, try and dodge forward for the most part and that should make it easier. Generally speaking, rolling through an enemy's attack is better in most cases since only certain enemies (Rotten and such) can hit you when you do that and it also gets you within striking range enabling you to get off 2 or 3 hits with impunity.

Level 19
I personally find it very enjoyable and interesting to find out the lore myself via item descriptions and riddles hidden in dialogues while also filling in the gaps with my own interpretations. The implementation of this, however, was by far better in Dark Souls 1.

I've never played the first game but it is hard to connect the pieces I mean I would never expect this game to have such a story...

As for dodging the attacks of the sentinels, try and dodge forward for the most part and that should make it easier. Generally speaking, rolling through an enemy's attack is better in most cases since only certain enemies (Rotten and such) can hit you when you do that and it also gets you within striking range enabling you to get off 2 or 3 hits with impunity.

I agree with dodging tactic of yours :D Whenever I try to dodge away from a strike it hits me even if it is impossible from that angle and distance but hey this is dark souls :p I beat the sentinels now I'm so satisfied :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Anyone playing this damn game?!
No, and with a name like that are you surprised?

The world does not need game names like that. It adds practically nothing to any form of lore and only tries to push that it is "sadistic" to young kids who go out of their way to buy the game because they want to be cool.

I miss proper games.

Level 19
No, and with a name like that are you surprised?

The world does not need game names like that. It adds practically nothing to any form of lore and only tries to push that it is "sadistic" to young kids who go out of their way to buy the game because they want to be cool.

I miss proper games.

Actually the game has a pretty dark lore which is a pretty realistic one. Instead of good guy wins in the end this is far better than those. You should watch the lores at least read about them. I will not say it is the best story I've ever heard but it really is good.

Just read about it I can't tell you here...

And for the young kids, I don't care about young kids about the game because the game does not give much about the story and lots of kids will miss these clues and they will just play aimlessly killing some warriors stuff. This game is not for kids.

Level 11
Dark Souls, and the Souls series in general are the best gaming experiences i've ever had. Amazing challenge and the tension that keeps your mind in the game. You truly lose your track of time and all the responsibilities you might have. Not sure if that is good or a bad thing.

Haven't tried the Scholar of the First Sin yet because i already played the "vanilla" Dark Souls 2, and now they are making me pay for the minor tweaks and graphics update.

Level 4

245676-albums8267-picture99506.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99505.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99504.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99502.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99499.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99498.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99496.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99495.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99494.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99493.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99492.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99491.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99482.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99480.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99397.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99398.gif

245676-albums8267-picture99395.gif

Level 19
AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH :D These gifs are hilarous :D Laughed really hard I loved them :D
Wel after finishing the game and trying to farm everytihng for ng i focused on pvp but with my shitty internet it's just a pain :'(

Kala said:
Dark Souls, and the Souls series in general are the best gaming experiences i've ever had. Amazing challenge and the tension that keeps your mind in the game. You truly lose your track of time and all the responsibilities you might have. Not sure if that is good or a bad thing.

Haven't tried the Scholar of the First Sin yet because i already played the "vanilla" Dark Souls 2, and now they are making me pay for the minor tweaks and graphics update.

Yeah for these changes the money issue is unfair. But this game is like endless, if you find it easy you can always make it harder, you have pvp, endless customization and more stuff, the only problem is the NPCs dont move their lips while talking :p

Level 19
:D dark souls 3 is gonna be awesome bcz Miyazaki is going to work in level designs, combat system and stuff which is perfect! I've finished it recently and started the DLCs, after finishing the sunken king dlc i jumped into the world of pvp but I've got no luck there, bcz of my connection :'(

Level 4
And that is better but it's in beta version on Dark Souls 3 also something missing when in beta version on dark souls 3 is better but in full versions i don't know why graphics were lower. But im not beta tester so i watch on youtube dark souls 3 gameplay and i read some review about dark souls 3.

My Set in Dark Souls 1:
Armors:
Head : Iron Helm (+9)
Torso : Giant Armor (+5)
Arm : Giant Arm (+5)
Legs : Giant Legs (+5)

Rings:
Dark Wood Grain Ring or Havel's Ring
Steel of Protection Ring or Speckled Stone Ring

Weapons:
Right Hand 1: Dragon Tooth
Right Hand 2: Avelynn
Left Hand 1: Havel's Greatshield
Left Hand 2: Sunlight Talisman

Spells:
Miracles:
* Heal
* Great Lightning Spear
* Sunlight Blade
* Great Heal Excerpt
* Wrath of the Gods

Pyromancy:
* None

Sorceries:
* None

Covenant: Warrior of Sunlight!! ( Sunbro )

Level 19
I didnt play DS 1 but assuming from the names of the armors and weapons seems like you were fat rolling :p

The names are similar if they are the same i know all the armours and weapons and spells of yours. It seems nice for pve but im not sure about pvp since im not very knowledged about it.

Do you think that using spells are worth it in ds series? I mean they are limited and are not very cheap to replenish

Level 4
I didnt play DS 1 but assuming from the names of the armors and weapons seems like you were fat rolling :p

The names are similar if they are the same i know all the armours and weapons and spells of yours. It seems nice for pve but im not sure about pvp since im not very knowledged about it.

Do you think that using spells are worth it in ds series? I mean they are limited and are not very cheap to replenish

All sorceries, miracles, and pyromancy can't or didn't replenish only bonfire does and limited.
Also my armor in pvp are just elite knight set, astora straight sword, and sanctus shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.