• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Warcraft 3 Conquest - MMORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
6ye3hy.jpg

Warcraft 3 Conquest features a persistent world using Warcraft 3 engine powered by jass scripting and mysql database.

Warcraft 3 custom MMORTS, using third party application.

This is my firt mod for the game, ill will use jass scripting and third party application for manage the databases and the game information.

Features:

-Persistent world.
-Each user can have their own capital city map.
-Missions and achievements.
-Players can interact with other players, but there is not pvp.

Gameplay.
Player create an accout, choice a race, and start their capital city, after that do missions and upgrade the army, also can visit ally towns or attack enemies.

Screenshoots.

Recruitment.
We are looking for mappers and good jass scripters, if you are interested please send me a mail to [email protected]

Credits.
Warcraft 3 World Editor and jass Blizzard
Visual Studio Professional Microsoft

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Sorry missed the not online part.

If it has limited player on player interaction what is the appeal? I mean why not just make it a single player experience with some AI? In the end you will be relying on AI heavily anyway when attacking as the players cannot defend themselves. Why does it even have to be online when you cannot take advantage of multiplayer?

Level 6
To answer your question ill explain something, this is how the online will handled using jass scripting: a player create a capital, that is stored in database with their variables, when a player attack the other capital change one of those to allow map script be "current at war", then next time you enter into the map, you will see the result of the other player action, turned of course into ai enemy. It has to be online becuase any player must have access to the others player data from online database.

Is something similar like: Kings Age, or Empire Strike.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Surely it would be easier to JIT compile the maps rather than using JASS scripts in an existing map? I mean since all the maps are managed by an external program there is no restriction that you have to put everything ever into the map at all times. I mean if a battle will be between only 2 races why even include data for the others as that will just reduce map performance. All units and buildings can be handled by the object files maps use rather than trigger generated.

Level 6
Ok, to answer both questions ill say two things:
-The maps we are using for, are empty only terrain, by that way, the jass scripts can be added easily with a mqp importing, also a map can feature multiple custom jass becuase the base is always used to launch in game...
-To run the map using third party dont know if possible, what im doing for running maps is using the command loadfile for the war3.exe

Now the most important thing is that your pogress is stored into databases and reflected in the maps scripts, by that way becomes persistent word.

Are you interested to contribute???

Level 17
so let me see if i got this straight. after you finish your game session you will write up a few integers on an external file so that they might be loaded up later to continue where you left off... hmm that kind of reminds me of something but i cant quite remember what XD

Level 6
so let me see if i got this straight. after you finish your game session you will write up a few integers on an external file so that they might be loaded up later to continue where you left off... hmm that kind of reminds me of something but i cant quite remember what XD

Yes and no, the only way to do it possible will be creating game cache and reading for it, but i can prepare the maps like i want by change the script before map is run. This is becuase the main gameplay will be handled into the third party progam and not in warcraft 3.

About the registration and play:

Each user will be needed to register in the database from the mod to play, users will be able to see other players profiles and statistics.

147fcx.jpg

You should create an option to change the race in already registered profile. Neat idea, not sure on how will you achieve it .. :)

Level 6
It not have so much sense, becuase all the gameplay is race based, if you change your race if possible, all progress will be lost, what you can do for test different races is have 2 accounts, becuase this is the maximum allowed per computer for my mod...

Level 6
I have decided two things about release:
-Firts, i will do a beta version that will include basics of the gameplay.
-Second, the game content will be updated periodically, becuase there is a lot of maps to be added and that can take so long...

I have decided two things about release:
-Firts, i will do a beta version that will include basics of the gameplay.
-Second, the game content will be updated periodically, becuase there is a lot of maps to be added and that can take so long...

Fixed grammar mistakes: "First", Game-Play and "Because" it should be like that. You should also input "the" when you are title-ling or featuring something, ex: "about the release".

Good choice, can't wait to play the beta, will it be a closed beta or open? And how can you get invited as a beta tester?

Level 6
About my grammar send me private mesages for comment it, do not off-topic please, also remember that my game is not a complete is most like a warcraft 3 mod, that means that will be free and beta will be openened for everyone that download it and test it....

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Very nice project :) is it like, pseudo online game?

Level 2
I can help

i am a good mapper . i know how to make a good terrain and i am also good in the object editor but i know nothing about jazz so can i help ??

Level 6
August 17th: Beta released

Version notes:

-You can create profile and view capital city.
-You can explore and enter some maps and missions.

Finally is here, the firts beta of Warcraft 3 Conquest.

Download it, test create user and play some maps, give us feedback and support the project development...

Last edited:
Lots of bugs, I tested it. Many of the locations (maps) you could not play, because an error popped up saying that there were no such map in your maps folder. Your grammar has many errors. The interface looks "poor" right now, some icons don't have transparency and proper positioning. I could not play anything, maps would not load. Ex: Teldrassil, Nodrassil..

Level 6
Some Beta news:

There are a lot of users registered now, and none has been reported for bugs and impressions, ill do a community site for this and by now the server will be temporaly closed to perform database mantenaince, we request you for no creating more accounts until further news...

Some Beta news:

There are a lot of users registered now, and none has been reported for bugs and impressions, ill do a community site for this and by now the server will be temporaly closed to perform database mantenaince, we request you for no creating more accounts until further news...

I already told you about my suggestions, you need to improve and polish the UI, fix the grammar issues. Keep improving the terrain, the terrain is terrible and It looks ugly. Keep working on this ..

Edit: This mod is pretty basic with game play, to introduce, attract and keep people playing you need to introduce something interesting, something new-.. You have unlimited options as of right now, you should think wisely. :)

Yes i understand you, ill try to fix that, but what i was talking about is that there is so many people registered and none except you, have commented or give opinion about the mod and i dont understand why...

The community has been created join us:

http://warcraft3conquest.prophpbb.com/

Some people are very shy you know, give them some time. You should also advertise your project more.. You also have to fix the bug that the player can have unlimited registered accounts, it can abuse the player number to it being a bluff. Create a system that creates 1 account per the IP, this will allow for more strict account creation control rather than new account abuse. For example My IP registered an account and the database no longer allows me to do that since it detects that my IP already has an account,.

Level 6
The bugfixes that you tell me can be easily solved, about the custom ui, dont know if possible can do it better, why??? becuase im not good with graphical design, also the thing about the ip restrictions can be changed just in some code settings...

I hope have time to do this an update this weeks, but not sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.