• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Probably entry level - Escaping Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I've been building a Map over the last couple of weeks but I'm racking my brain how to deal with one key piece. I want to put an option in to create a Portal that 'disappears' units I select - preferably without them visibly dying similar to the one found in The Blood Elves Campaign and Undead Campaign in Frozen Throne where the exacting Elves and HUmans escape off screen.

Can anyone help with how to accomplish this/ already created this and willing to share? I considered just making it a Cargo Hold style method but the internal storage limit make that less viable.

Cheers,
Avres.

Level 23
I want to put an option in to create a Portal that 'disappears' units I select

Does the portal move the units to another portal? or Do you want the units to disappear once they enter the portal? You need to be a bit more descriptive than that. There's a trigger action "Unit - Remove" that will remove the unit but it will be erased from existence and you have to create the same unit and set all variables referring to your old unit again.

BTW, this is the Game Development forums, next time, post in the WEHZ instead if you have questions about the world editor. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.