• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Help about the map creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, i want creat a mod for Warcraft 3.
but I have not any idea how to start it :/
So what I wanted to know, is where do I start (for example, the creation of maps, or skin, or spells, etc.), for me to have a base and start my project.
Sorry for bad english, I'm Brazilian and do not speak English fluently, and I missed where to place this topic I ask you to forgive me too.
thanks for the help from ja
Tonial :)

Level 2
Yeah

Most of the people here seem to have learned just by doing stuff. I personally focus a lot on making spells. Do you have any specific idea in mind for what kind of project you want to make?

Yes. I want to make a rpg map for bleach.
Not these rpg you find around, to choose characters and they go evolving
è something different that I have in mind.
except I do not know how to start it, for example, if I start trying to create skin bleach monsters, or quest, or drop the item and etec.
It must be very hard to do this, even more alone .. :vw_death:

Level 2
I highly suggest browsing the tutorial section. Top left corner.
If you see an interesting tutorial you want to learn, read it and learn. Though you also need to do actual WE stuffs not just read. Experience is the best teacher as they say.

thanks bro.
it may take years to complete my project, because I have not much time to "study" the tools and get to work on my ideas, but anyway
thanks! :goblin_yeah:

Level 24
I suggest you to start with the basics.
You can play WoW without gear, you can play WoW without quests, you can play WoW without items, you can play WoW without abilities, you can... uhm can't play WoW without a character.

Find the things that are required to have the very basics of the game (a playable character, victory/defeat conditions, a piece of the map where you can test out your stuff, etc.) then make those.
Everything else can be added later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.