• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GameMaker Studio for 2d/3d games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Do any of you downloaded the free GM studio? I tried downloading it, but it won't show exactly how big is the file. It just keeps downloading. When I reach around 104mb, I stopped the dl because I'm doubtful. D: I just need an exact size so I know it's actually downloading and not showing it is downloading forever. Tried searching for another download source, but no result.

Level 6
I am working and learning on this engine allot since 2007. It ease your work on making a game and learning about game technologies. Many people confuse this program with things like "RPG Maker". RPG maker is a program which makes only old style RPG games and is HILARIOUSLY limited ONLY to that, while GameMaker supports its own language made EXACTLY for game development. Sadly, lot of people are too blind to see its power. The program can turn anyone to a very lazy programmer, since it has lot of ready build-in spoiling scripts like pathfinding, and etc. I keep hearing people complain it was slow, but they just rush on using the futures with out even knowing what they do. I have seen unoptimized RTS fail tries which execute pathfinding each game step. I have seen people drawing images outside the game view... This program is a hundred times more powerful for game development then a user thinks! Sadly, I havent seen much people to look at it in a more serious way then just fooling around...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.