[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Development > Game Development

Game Development The place for game designers to show off their work, get help in their game-creation venture and discuss their ideas. Be advised that this forum is not related to Warcraft III modding.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User eubz
Deckard Cain

eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)eubz has much of which to be proud (1148)
GameMaker Studio for 2d/3d games

I found this one. If anyone is interested.
http://store.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/studio
Old 12-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User AL0NE
a.k.a. PrO_SoZaI

AL0NE is just really nice (369)AL0NE is just really nice (369)AL0NE is just really nice (369)AL0NE is just really nice (369)
Pretty neat. I'll check it out. ;) abit sad that the later versions requires money. Not sure whether my parents agree with that though. I'll try out the free one 1st. :D
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Adiktuz
Engr. Shana, ChE

Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1343)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1343)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1343)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1343)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1343)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1343)
I made a pacman like game some years ago with GM lite... XD...

that Studio thing looks far far cooler than the old GM products... too bad the free version only supports window and osX exports... not even unli resources...
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User AL0NE
a.k.a. PrO_SoZaI

AL0NE is just really nice (369)AL0NE is just really nice (369)AL0NE is just really nice (369)AL0NE is just really nice (369)
Do any of you downloaded the free GM studio? I tried downloading it, but it won't show exactly how big is the file. It just keeps downloading. When I reach around 104mb, I stopped the dl because I'm doubtful. D: I just need an exact size so I know it's actually downloading and not showing it is downloading forever. Tried searching for another download source, but no result.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User sonofjay
†‡Đằňğ؇†

sonofjay has disabled reputation
Ahh, remember myself fooling around on this one a year ago.

Upcoming project: [Melee] Darkfall Project
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Metalbear
Angry at stupid peepalz.

Metalbear has little to show at this moment (33)Metalbear has little to show at this moment (33)Metalbear has little to show at this moment (33)Metalbear has little to show at this moment (33)
I am working and learning on this engine allot since 2007. It ease your work on making a game and learning about game technologies. Many people confuse this program with things like "RPG Maker". RPG maker is a program which makes only old style RPG games and is HILARIOUSLY limited ONLY to that, while GameMaker supports its own language made EXACTLY for game development. Sadly, lot of people are too blind to see its power. The program can turn anyone to a very lazy programmer, since it has lot of ready build-in spoiling scripts like pathfinding, and etc. I keep hearing people complain it was slow, but they just rush on using the futures with out even knowing what they do. I have seen unoptimized RTS fail tries which execute pathfinding each game step. I have seen people drawing images outside the game view... This program is a hundred times more powerful for game development then a user thinks! Sadly, I havent seen much people to look at it in a more serious way then just fooling around...

Last edited by Metalbear; 02-03-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Closed Thread