• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dead of Winter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dead of Winter a great board game but i didnt liked it. We have to remake it cuz its sucks. OK

We have survivors, we using them as our soldiers. Survivors have to survive, kill zombies without dying, search and scavange and steal stuff, make barricades, clean junk.

We need food, water for feeding them and need oil for going outside without risk and keeping home warm. So we will use 1 oil for keeping our home warm and we need 1 food, 1 water for each survivor at each turn.

In home your survivors gains 1 hp each turn, so they recover in house; but they have to go outside for finding food and water. If your survivor is freezing that means he will lose 1 hp next turn and keep losing until it burns a fire our goes somewhere with a burning fire.

We will use d6, if you roll 6 you can kill a zombie without risk, it cant attack you. If you roll 1 you can only build barricade or clean garbage. Other numbers are useful for searching and killing. You will roll 1+your survivors amount of dice. If you have 4 survivor you will roll 5 different dice and a survivor can act 2 rimes in a turn but others will act 1 time and all of them have to act, do something.

Having lower survivors is an advantage but i will turn this game to a multiplayer deathmatch battle arena. Each player will control his team and they will try to kill each other. You can steal stuff from other players.

If you dont feed a survivor, it will take 1 dmg. If you didnt burn fire it will take 1 dmg from cold. If you feed only with food, it will take 1 damage with %50 rate. If you feed only with water, it will take damage with %33 rate.

You can make noise for searching 1 more item each turn with a chracter for 1 time. So a character cant make noise 2 times but all your characters can make noise 1 time in same turn. While zombies spawning for each noise, roll a dice. 1 means zombie will not come. 2 means zombie will come but not this turn, later will he come. 3 and 4 means zombie is came. 5 means a zombie came but they will keep coming. 6 means 2 zombies are came.

When an entrance gets full when you add zombie kill zombie and remove barricade, if there is no barricade kill a survivor.

Survivors have search, attack rolls between 2-6; 1 means he can only build barricade. Survivors have hp between 2 and 5 however sometimes zombies one hit kill you. Survivors have charisma points, zombies and other evils will always kill most nerdy and glassy girl first. So higher charisma means enemies will not kill you however in a deathmatch, mostly players kill you. Everybody has a different charisma value or number; if they have same charisma roll a dice and give higher charisma to higher roller. You will do this when they first entered the game.

I will also add bullets into the game. You have ammo and you may get out of ammo. You have find ammo.
You can build farms, wells, windmills, furnances. For those you need blueprint and water and food and oil and some items like gun, axe, vest, shirt ETC... This building generates resources but you have give them resources. Farm takes 1 water, gives 2 food and you can use 1 time each turn. Things like that.

I played Last Stand Deadzone and it was realistic. I took its mechanics.

Zombie dice: i didnt like default dice. We will use d20 this time. 20 means you die, lower than 10 means nothing happens, 19 you roll a d4 and take that much dmg, 18 you started freezing you need to go somewhere warm or start a fire or take 1 dmg each turn until you do that, 17 take 2 dmg.

While freezing you will take dmg at the end of turn and while starving same thing happens. You can use medicine for healing and curing cold, bleed everything...

There is 2 joker cards; 1: if you die in combat, you dont die; survive with 1hp. If die bcause of zombie overrun, you dont die and survive with 1hp; but that zombie dies, cuz its wasted.

You can trade with other players. You can exchange materials with them.
Each place (location) has its own cards and places are too unbalanced, you have to move a lot.

Even base is empty you still have keep it warm cuz there is invisible human beings in base which one cooks food and cleans windows, if u dont all your survivors will take damage from cold.

Level 3
Yes but without dice it will be boring. You know chess is a boring and hard game. I hate games which one doesnt have luck or randomness.

And in original version of Dead of Winter there is still luck. Also all zombie games has luck. There is no zombie game without luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.