• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Veterancy Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

This has been an issue for a while... I've looked at several leveling-up tutorials, and followed them exactly, but something isn't working right. When I try to run the game with my hero, and kill some hostile Marines, they don't level up. Their Experience simply doesn't increase.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Level 2
The EXP fraction is 1 for "Kills", as is the default (EDIT: The other two values for EXP Fraction are at 0, but it seems like that's alright). I'm only adjusting the things the tutorials want me to adjust, which is basically just Veterancy Levels and for some tutorials EXP sharing.

Is it possible that my editor is broken, or my Starcraft is broken, or am I doing something wrong?

Do you have to set Experience rewards for the enemies you're killing? I'm killing marines with my heroes and it says that Marines grant experience...

I presume that adding a "Learn" ability to the unit can't interfere in any way, right? I'm on my laptop right now but if you'd like I could show you the unit/behavior in the editor.

EDIT: Could the problem be related to the unit? I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I set the Unit Flags and the Unit Characteristics (whatever it's called; things like Biological, Massive, etc.) to Heroic.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Is it possible that my editor is broken, or my Starcraft is broken, or am I doing something wrong?
Unlikely it is to do with your SC2 or SC2E. Most likely you have done something wrong but without seeing the map and trying for myself I cannot be sure what the cause is.

EDIT: Could the problem be related to the unit? I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I set the Unit Flags and the Unit Characteristics (whatever it's called; things like Biological, Massive, etc.) to Heroic.
Should not be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.