• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Replicating the Star Wars blast-proof plasma shield! (Gungan battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After watching the gungan battle from star wars I got inspired to replicate those awesome shields that protect the gungans from the laser cannons.

I'm using the guardian shield for visual effect, and mounting the whole thing on a dominion engine. That train thingy you know. I looks pretty cool for the theme.

Anyways, my only idea of how to do this is a sort of buff that searches an area around the caster. The effect last as long as the guardian shield and activates at the same time.
Whenever a missile enters (or leaves) the area, it gets destroyed. Simple as that. I hope...

I'm planning on only using missiles (lasers), so I think that might make it easier.

But I have only used validators, buffs and such things one time. So how do I do this?

Only one unit will be able to cast this shield, so could it be easier to apply an area search effect on the missiles insted of the caster? Since I already have an area search thing on the missiles. They would search for the caster and destroy themselves if they enters of leaves a certain distance of the unit type.

I'd be happy to summarize and make a simple step-by-step instruction for anyone else after we solved this! (If needed)

Thank you in advance! :)

Level 3
Wasn't there a mother ship ability that made all the bullets slow down aND fall to the ground? Within a certain range?

Level 25
There is an ability used by Raynor which slows down all bullets (and maybe also units, not sure atm) inside it - you could check that ability to see how it detects bullets and in your case destroy them instead of slowing them

Status
Not open for further replies.