• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Question about Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was checking out the galaxy's lighting windows and I was looking for a way to define how blurry/soft the object's shadows are. I've noticed that in heroes of the storm they're allot softer looking than starcraft's shadows, so I'm assuming it's possible.

Level 4
So far as I know, what you want is not currently possible in SC2. It is worth noting, however, that Heroes of the Storm is running on an updated engine which is also used by Legacy of the Void, so we may see some sort of parameter for this in the future.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Shadow softness would be a performance setting. Make sure your settings are set to extreme as lower settings reduce shadow smoothness.

Additionally shadows will appear more soft if the overall lighting strength is lower as then the contrast between light and shadow will be less. All of Heroes of the Storm maps have customized lighting so it is possible that they choose settings such that shadows are less sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.