• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Modifying Behaviors with Triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I made a hero with attributes through this guide.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/data-editor-656/create-hero-attributes-167754/
and for a while I have attempted to modify attributes with triggers.

I recieved information that this has to be done by adding charges to the behaviors in the Data editor and thereafter handle the charges with triggers.

I have been trying on my own for a while now but I cannot seem to make it work. I'm afraid I need specific details on what needs to be done.

I will be very happy and greatful to have this solved!
Thanks a lot in advance!^___^

Level 8
Since this appears to be a difficult issue, does anyone know about other helpful forums where I can find the information I need?

Level 8
There are two kinds of behaviors used:
"Veterancy" and "Attribute".

This is also shown in the link on the initial post.

The "Veterancy" Behavior is used for proccesing the 3 "Attribute" Behaviors... As least as far as I understand it.

Level 3
Have you downloaded the mod for wc3 assets? Look how Renee did it, she did a great job and made it easy to understand for me. You can also open her mod and play with specifics

Level 8
Just looked into it today. I first tried to analyse how Renee increases attributes for each Hero level. It's different though. From what I can see the Veterancy is untouched, which makes sense considering each Hero has it's own unique attribute progression.

I then started to look for a unique attribute modifier/behavior for a given Hero. But I can't find anything o_O

Not sure if I'm completely blind or just looking at the wrong places. If anyone has a clue on how Renee modifies the unique attribute level progression, I'd be happy to know! =)

Thanks in advance.

Level 9
This took me forever to figure out, too. Hopefully I'm not necro-posting too bad, but I think it might be helpful to people.

Setup
As far as changing the attributes through triggers, you need to create your actual attributes and connect it with veterancy, etc.

To add attributes using triggers, you must create 3 new behaviors that simply increase each attribute by 1. For example, if you have strength, you must have "add strength," if you have agility, you must have a separate "add agility," etc.

Trigger Things
Then you can use "Add behavior" through triggers to add a specific count of your add behavior. Make sure you use the add behavior, and not the attribute itself, otherwise it won't work.

Finally, to get the current attribute count of a unit, you can get "Stack count of <Attribute>" through triggers. That's the actual attribute behavior, not the add behavior.

Level 8
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for quite a while now. Hopefully I'll be around more from here on :)

I'm very happy for your advice! Thank you so much!
Sadly I've encountered a problem with the new Battlenet Update. It seems that the War3 Data from Renee is longer available with the new version of battlenet/sc2 editor.

I tried launching the public test editor and it doesn't even allow me to log into Bnet inside the editor anymore :/

Is there a way to fix this? Or do we have to wait for Renee to reupload?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I fixed it myself.

I'm still curious about how Renee's heroes have unique atrribute progression. I seriously can't find it. Renee is not using this method that we're discussing. I'm well aware that I can easily modify it with seperate behaviors or triggers. I'm just curious becaues I seriously cant see through it.

Last edited:
Level 8
Looks like I found it.

It's in the User Types Data, named Hero Balance. Here's basicly the settings for all unique starting attributes and progressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.