• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Model appearing with different visuals depending on actor event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm working on making a model (an explosion) appear when a missile hits.

I have some problems making the effect appear at the right place and when I finaly do make it appear at the right place, some of the visuals are... missing.

If I change the event to something like:
Unit Death (the missile)
-> Create

It appears at the right location, but with a dim visual effect.

If I change it to:
Effect: Impact (or Start)
-> Create

It does not appear at the right place, but has all the visual effects working correctly.
I tried working around with literly all the options regarding Effects inclunding the "At" term, but I cannot make it appear at the target location unless the ability is using Unit Target instead of Point Target.

So another way of perspectivating the problem is: I cannot make visual effects on Point Target abilities.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I fixed it... Not sure how I suddenly made it work. I simply used Effect: Start -> Create and it appeared at the right location and right visuals n everything. I swear I had already tried that from the beginning.
The only thing I changed was the actor type. I went from Model Addition to Buff One-shot. Maybe that was the fix?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Explosion visuals from missiles should probably be created at the impact site on the target, rather than the missile unit.

If it is not targeting a unit then do what fragmentation grenades, EMP grenades or any ground based explosion does. I think it created them in response to the effect at the target point.

Status
Not open for further replies.