• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] How to modify Renee WC3 Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've tried to analyse how Renee increases attributes for each Hero level. From what I can see the Veterancy is untouched, which makes sense considering each Hero has it's own unique attribute progression.

I then started to look for a unique attribute modifier/behavior for a given Hero. But I can't find anything o_O

Not sure if I'm completely blind or just looking at the wrong places. If anyone has a clue on how Renee modifies the unique attribute level progression, I'd be happy to know! =)

Thanks in advance.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Who is "Renee"?!

You can also modify attributes using triggers by altering the behaviour stack count. This might be done to allow the fractional progression without resorting to clunky hard-coded lists.

Check if there are not more than 1 veterancy. It might be that one acts as the foundation with others extending it with extra functionality (not sure if possible).

Level 8
This is Renee
You'll be happy to know this is being taken care of by a Chinese modder by the name of "Renee", she posted all documentation over on SC2Mapster.

I'll explain it here to save you the trouble, though.

Go to your Dependencies, or create new map and select arcade, when asked to "add standard" or "add other", click add other and search battlenet - you can search by modname and search "War3". If you do this, select war3 (GA) and war3extra (GA). Terrain is optional, but only useful if you create a new map so you can select that new tileset.

once you've done this, you'll have all the data, actors, etc. set by renee. It's a work in progress. so you may notice something doesn't work, that's okay, you can fix it yourself or request renee fix into the mod. It's about 98% complete functional though.

also, to note the map you found in the arcade was created by using Renee's mod as a dependency, if you were curious to the extent of how much her work is completed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.