• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Having some trouble with spawning and respawning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So the map I almost have finished is you have to kill this big guy with a lot of health, similar to borderlands 2 if you can relate them. In the time that you are fighting it, waves of enemies spawn and attack you and the other players, the first wave spawns after 30 seconds after the map initialization.

I am trying to make it so that the wave after the first wave, and every wave after the second wave spawn after the last unit in the wave before it is killed, like lets say there are 20 units in the wave before it, once the last one dies, the countdown begins and then the wave spawns, and one the last unit in THAT wave dies, the next countdown starts and the next wave spawns like the wave before it.

I have the first wave ready, and I have the countdowns for every wave ready, but when I use the "Last Created Unit" trigger everything goes wrong, so how can I make it so that when the last unit in each wave dies, the next wave spawns?

My second problem is the players' hero units respawning, I want them to respawn each wave during intermission (when the timer is active), but it requires the same event trigger, anyone got any ideas?

Level 2
When you are spawning the wave, add all the units you spawn into a global unit group.

Then, every time a unit dies check the number of living units in that unit group. If it's zero, all units have died and you can proceed with the next wave and respawning the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.