• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting: Item Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
For the next updates, I'm looking for a skilled item maker that will create all the object and registry data for new items for me.

These are the requirements:
- Having a working version of Newgen WE to open the map
- Being an experienced player of Gaias
- Common sense
- Good sense for balancing
- Creativity
- Knowledge in object editing
- Knowledge in copy & pasting
- Knowledge in changing numbers in a text file

And that's it! I wasn't sarcastic about the last two points. That's basicly all you need to know. No JASS knowledge required, if you are able to follow simple instructions of where to go and what numbers to change.

You don't need modelling skills, as I will create the attachment models for the specific items. If you want to create an item with a special ability or procc, just tell me and I'll do the neccessary stuff for you (or point you towards the script pieces that are required for that stuff if you can manage JASS).

I won't lie to you, though; creating object and registry data is a tedious and repetitive labour. However, it will ultimately pay off in being able to actively create content for one of your favorite maps... and it will help to speed up the process to release new content a lot.

Level 10
I would love to do it again Zwiebel but I work full time now so I may not have the time needed to do it since I work 60+ hours a week. if you want though you could always send it my way and if I somehow manage to complete it before someone else or yourself I'd gladly do it but no Guarantees or promises

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I may be willing to try making a few items. This week I have vacation so plenty of time. But please tell me what item levels you are aiming for, and which environments they are supposed to drop in. Also how many items you want us to make?

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I would like to try this. Count me in. Just have to install Newgen WE first. Only thing that worries me is the balance. I hope you will be doing reviews of each item's balance afterwards.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yes, yes of course. What I meant was simply that balance won't be perfect. It will have to be tuned afterwards based on player feedback and perhaps your thoughts. Anyway, I'll start a review of all Gaias items to get a better idea of stat ranges etc.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
Wow I always wanted to be part of this epic map. My idea for that is to make maybe 3 ppl team who will make items, this will pay off with better items balance.
PS. Obviously I am volunteer to be part of item creator/balance team.

Level 2
I'm also willing to help, have lots of free time, still no experience in any map making or item making, but willing to learn.

About balancing, I agree with Jumbo, we could throw it to the community and ask for feedbacks before it got released.

Level 9
So how do you want us to implement the items into the map? Just send you a blank map with the items or something, and you can copy paste? How do you want it done?

Level 7
What Ihaz is TRYING to say is that him and I would like to create items.

We live together, we're brothers, we can communicate easily. We both have every character at level 50 with all of the items. We've been playing forever and I think we'd do a very good job creating new balanced items for the next version(s).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmm... I'm not sure if a team is actually required for this. But then again I don't really care how the work is done if it's done.
I wouldn't want to get too many people involved in this, so I probably go with Box and Ihaz for their long time experience with Gaias.

I will send you instructions on how it works via PM.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Aw... hijacked recruitment. No worries though, I just had a few ideas for making some items more interesting than "20-25% better", but yeah, less work for me.

EDIT: Btw who doesn't have "long time experience" with this game here? Just saying. Still good luck Box and Ihaz! :)

Level 2
Aw... hijacked recruitment. No worries though, I just had a few ideas for making some items more interesting than "20-25% better", but yeah, less work for me.

EDIT: Btw who doesn't have "long time experience" with this game here? Just saying. Still good luck Box and Ihaz! :)

:grin: you can still post your interesting ideas as suggestion and maybe it could get implemented.

good luck for the brothers! :xxd:

Level 2
Wow I always wanted to be part of this epic map. My idea for that is to make maybe 3 ppl team who will make items, this will pay off with better items balance.
PS. Obviously I am volunteer to be part of item creator/balance team.

Yellowblade would just make OP zerk items! Don't be fooled!

Level 7
Have fun with it Ihaz/box :D Don't forget a tooltip! bwhahaah

EDIT: You should name a bow S0ulseeker out of love <3

Maybe.. Just maybe! Though you know an epic bow with that awesome of a name should come from D4 and not pre-d4!

I think the same thing can be said for making items with awesome abilties, they should perhaps be saved to be dropped in d4 specifically. Just having more gear thats better than our current gear from more world bosses should overall suffiice.

However when D4 does finally roll around then I think we should start playing with more truly unique items.

Level 9
It basicly boils down to:

1-2 green items (level 45-50) per slot per class
2 blue items (level 50) per slot per class
a good selection of miscs and accessories for each class

All in all, this will roughly be like 100-120 items.

So do you want, say, green 1-2 cloth helmets for each Sorcerer, Bishop, Monk, and Necromancer, or just 1-2 cloth helmets for all of them to share?

AND my previous post was a complete joke, I would never create an item such as that.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
So do you want, say, green 1-2 cloth helmets for each Sorcerer, Bishop, Monk, and Necromancer, or just 1-2 cloth helmets for all of them to share?

AND my previous post was a complete joke, I would never create an item such as that.
I need 1-2 cloth helmets for all cloth wearers together. Further separation of the item stats is not required.

For blue items, however, there should be seperation based on purpose/builds, so that each class has 2 possible blue items for each slot. This means that we need 4 leather, 4 mail and 4 cloth items each:
Spellpower based leather, attack/damage based leather, defence/int-based mail, berserker mail, spellpower/haste/nocrit healer cloth, spellpower/crit mage/Necro cloth.

One of the two possible blue items per slot should be slightly better than the other.

Level 5
One of the two possible blue items per slot should be slightly better than the other.

Wait. I thought you were trying to address the lack of diversity problem, aka cookie cutter builds, by adding two "just-as-good" alternative gear in this version. You said that.

Even though 1.2a wasn't exactly that, and still offered a sole best gear, and more options for some more than others (no sorc-only's, no monk-only's while others got their own unique toy.. makes one jealous and left out don't it?)

One slightly better than the other is exactly why every assassin and hunter are wearing lizzie and not kensai. Isn't a blue gear that isn't worn, only as good as any white item? And waste of space too, considering save codes and whatnot.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Wait. I thought you were trying to address the lack of diversity problem, aka cookie cutter builds, by adding two "just-as-good" alternative gear in this version. You said that.

Even though 1.2a wasn't exactly that, and still offered a sole best gear, and more options for some more than others (no sorc-only's, no monk-only's while others got their own unique toy.. makes one jealous and left out don't it?)

One slightly better than the other is exactly why every assassin and hunter are wearing lizzie and not kensai. Isn't a blue gear that isn't worn, only as good as any white item? And waste of space too, considering save codes and whatnot.
I totally agree with you and that's usually what I go for, but in this particular case, I want one item being slightly better as one of them is meant as a crafting item, vendor item or quest reward item.

As all the blue items will be the first "true" level 50 items available, you can expect more diverse items in the future, as now, finally, I don't have to worry about the level progression anymore, which allows me to concentrate on endgame items.

But let's see it like that: If all the items I planned so far are done, it's always possible to just add a few more to the pool. That's why I was looking for people who can do the item job, so that the amount of work I have to put in creating items is lower.

Believe it or not: creating items actually was the most time consuming process in each content update. Some of the more recent changes to the item registry improved on that, but it still takes at least 50% of the time to release new content.

Level 1
what about set items , like in diablo , its to much fun trying to get them and more when you finally get them all, you can put maybe a good ring in mid game and finish with a incredible armor at the end game, it's not simple to make it i know, but its a perfect complement to your game, and i have to say , dungeon 3 its useless in items tearms , to difficult and when u get in lumberjack camp are most of the d3 items useless, i didnt play d3 sincie 1.2a , and its just an observation.

another idea , a quest that when you finish it you can upgrade one item , may be the blacksmith sharpen your Batter Edge with 5 more of damage or something like that , so players can take their favorite item and be proud of it.

pd: i love the game since i first played long ago , dont make it easy just becouse you want more players, sometimes what the ppl wants make the game too easy or bad, we are not many but we can appreciate a good game.

please forgive me for my bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.