• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Poll] Which Advanced class is your favourite?

Which advanced class is your favourite?

• Crusader

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Berserker

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Druid

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Hunter

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Bard

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Assassin

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Necromancer

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Bishop

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Monk

• Hexblade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psion

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I chose Berserker simply because I like to be a sturdy character, who can also deal out some massive damage. Also, with the upcoming spells, we will be able to properly tank as zerker which will make the class even more viable and fun to play. Finally, the spinning and jumping are in my opinion some of the coolest effects in Gaias.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Well we can conclude that berserker is the best class /threadlocked.
Wait, what the hell is going on with these results?!

(Please keep voting, no corruption intended)

Level 4
I fucking love the druid =D
I play her as a full healer, but I think her elemental build is fun too!

Level 4
Cruz, my 2nd job in the game.
Because of demanding of the team and leadership.
We have a crusaders group members who play as our main job, wish to see the job able to ride / mount something like horse or peco peco (pet from Ragnarok).

to show
imgres

Level 1
Crus is OP and thats a good reason to like the class. Heal every 5 sec? i dont think the class even needs healer.

Cruz, my 2nd job in the game.
Because of demanding of the team and leadership.
We have a crusaders group members who play as our main job, wish to see the job able to ride / mount something like horse or peco peco (pet from Ragnarok).

to show
imgres

Mounts likes Peco or whatever??? how little of a thought is put into a comment like this. its almost outraging.

Level 3
I love the Monk. What I would love it's to see more stances like one to be a DPS-Class or even a Support instead of the randomness of "Body and Mind". Liked the Hexblade too, sadly the CDs are too high to be my favorite.

Level 2
Hunter, because its my first 25. :)
Got many help from some bnet Guys!

But the main Reason is, its a cool Class when you only play Solo/Duo.

Level 2
I wish I could split my vote between dudu and monk, but since I can't... my vote has to go with the dudu, just more fun to play.

Level 8
Sad thing is, Hex has so many fun abilities (especially chains). It's a blast to play but it's just too ineffective in holding aggro against an equally geared/levelled team, even when they hold DPS as much as possible. There's not too much wrong with the class design, she's just lacking in the most basic requirement of a tank: threat.

Level 13
Let's all take a moment to laugh at the Hexblade

Inb4 new bard/monk bullshit class you play to annoy everyone in new content.

No love for Hexblades. Fair points Saiko.

I'm also surprised to see Assassin as a class only has one vote. Good to see, really, considering they're such common rpg cookie cutter fan staples.

Despite that comment, sin is/was my favourite class but I'm down with the concept of a Psion lately.

No love for Hexblades.
I think this might change with the upcoming new skills. Let's not take this poll result to serious here, as many of the hybrid classes still suffer from the lack of advanced skills (monk, hexblade, etc.).
Druid was an expected exception from this, because who doesn't like a healing pet?

I am a bit baffled about the low amount of votes for Psions, though. Considering all the cool abilities they have, I wonder why they aren't more popular...
... though that might change with the new content entirely, when new mobs to enslave and new skills to steal become available.

Level 7
Wasn't this thread made before Mystic was even a class? :p

Eh 16 days before, so not much. But I guess factoring in the time it took to get mystic classes to level 50 for most of the players to do proper comparisons to other classes, many of us may have already voted on other things.

Anyhow, I think Psion is my new favorite class anyway TBH. Shes awesome :D. Though will be less awesome after the imbue armor bug is fixed :(.

Level 3
Psion is easily my favorite class. She can take most roles that you need, and the tighter group is the more she can excell at.
You need healer? Just take remedy and you got one.
Need tank? She can do it reasonably well with 800+hp, imbue armor, Liquified Arms and 50% evasion.
Any game breaking skill like assassin's steal is also abailable to you making her really valuable and versatile as all hell.

Minion stack? Check.
AoE on demand? Check.
Crowd control? Check.
Stun? Yeah, a bit predictory but can work with some practice.
Tank? Doable.
Healer? Doable with merc support.
Mana replenish mechanism? Check.

And she can get going pretty early. Giant drops 3 very good cloth items from her, and with some grind you can get either Soulguard or Mind Breaker on him as well.
Just overall best class.

Druid comes second because she is just awesome, and Berserker third because he is best at farming souls.

Level 8
That's some nice theorycrafting and general Psion advertisement. In practice, it's an average class at best - like most Jack-of-all-trades characters.

Level 3
^This is true. But after all, this is favorite class pool, not best.
And it is true that she can do a lot in 2 player parties that I'm playing most commonly.

If I had to pick best class I'd probably go with Berserker because he can double as tank in pretty much any encounter (alch enrage being only real threat to him imo) and both single target as well as AoE dps. Add his soul farming capabilities and he is easily best. Just not most fun and entertaining imo. But it's really not surprising that he tops this contest.

Level 8
Yeah I didn't say Psion is a bad choice for favourite class, she's just not all that effective in a party.
Actually Crusader is leading, and by a wide margin. What do you mean soul farming capabilities of Berserker? If you're talking about D3 waves, Psion with AoE imbue armor is even easier. For boss farming, Sorcerer and Assassin are quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.