• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New fixed music addon coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hello all!

Just wanted to catch your attention to inform you that the new fixed release of the Gaias music addon will be up tomorrow is up NOW in the stickied thread. Now I am tired :).

Cheers!

Jumbo/Jombu.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
You're welcome Soul. I hope that people who use and like the mod will comment in the mod thread both for feedback and also simply for letting me know that people are actually using it :).

Level 10
Haven't gotten a chance to test it yet. Been super busy with work but I'll try to give it a wack tonight or tomorrow the latest and reply with feedback once I can. If it's anything like the previous though I bet it's outstanding!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I took a look yesterday and I must say I love the work you put into this.

If you're open for some criticism, then imho some of the mountain themes felt a little bit too forest-ish to me.
Maybe I'm just expecting things here because I'm used to the epic WoW soundtracks, but I always associate mountain soundtracks with horns, deep strings and bagpipe drones, not flutes or light strings.

But that's just me; maybe it's all a matter of getting used to it.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Do you mean the foothills or the snow area?

Thanks for the kind words! In any case, I went for a sound of cold tranquility. I felt that the forest area is both the starting- and more welcoming area with it's melodic and bright tunes. The foothills on the other hand are cold and reserved (but calm).

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Do you mean the foothills or the snow area?

Thanks for the kind words! In any case, I went for a sound of cold tranquility. I felt that the forest area is both the starting- and more welcoming area with it's melodic and bright tunes. The foothills on the other hand are cold and reserved (but calm).
I meant the snow area. The foothills are okay.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Ahh ok. Well snow area is hardest for me to test, because it's not playable yet. So I base the music for that area purely on scrolling around the area with iseedeadpeople :). Once creatures and everything is added I may get a different idea.

What did you think about dwarven town by the way?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Ahh ok. Well snow area is hardest for me to test, because it's not playable yet. So I base the music for that area purely on scrolling around the area with iseedeadpeople :). Once creatures and everything is added I may get a different idea.

What did you think about dwarven town by the way?
I never actually checked the music ingame, so I don't know what you've used for the dwarven town. I just followed the links you provided in the credits and noticed that there wasn't any track that really gives that highlands vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.