• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If Gaias would have a sixth base class ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... Muzzel and I had this little brainstorming about adding a sixth base class to Gaias ...
But since we had some trouble finding good ideas, I decided to open this topic to let people share us their thoughts and ideas.

Just some things we thought about until now:
- the class should be mail armored ... while this is not a must-have, it would improve the item balance
- the class must be able to "branch out" into two classes that do not have that much in common
- the class needs a new model ... I want every class to have their own style, so it would be awesome if people propose a character model for their ideas. If an idea is cool enough, maybe I'd go creating my own character model

So ... tell us what you think!

The idea we had until now:

Tinker ... some kind of steampunk class wearing chainmails, using a spear for melee combat. Agi-based. Has a lot of utility spells and spear combat skills (like spear throw).
Advanced classes:
--> Technomant (has a mechanical golem pet, uses guns in ranged combat or spear in melee combat; spells focus around "upgrading" the golem companion and some special attacks and debuffs)
--> Alchemist (has a lot of utility spells, throws bombs, has some minor support heal spells)

Last edited:
Level 2
Tinker , Technomant - It sounds complicated =/ and compared to other Gaia standart classes have some strange feeling.

Maybe something like Merchant ?Crafter? - > Alchemist and Blacksmith.

I don't like this, but:

Totem warrior ( Mail wearing spellcaster )

- > Shaman ( Buffs, Dmg. Spells)

- > Spirit Warrior ( self enhancements spells)

Or if spearthrower class :

Spear Thrower ?not sure about the name?

- > Guardian ( Uses shield and maybe 2-handed spear, uses elemental aoe attacks and can enchant his shield for different bonus effects, isn't a tank, secondary maybe, but tankier then his cousin :) )

- > Knight ?maybe Spiral Knight?( Uses his spear attacks to deal some heavy dmg and maybe break enemies armor with his skills, some attacks that wound enemies, slowing them down, making their attacks weaker)

Primary attribute - strenght, so we will have a str ranged hero, slower than ranger but better at survining without pet.

Oh and I'm for code wipe in V.1.2, because every 2nd game I join there is a noob, who created him self a level 50 hero, has all skills on level 1 or red items on lvl 15... It's just no fun. Of course there always gonna be hackers. But thx to 1.1f I'm sure, that there will be less abusers, if there is going to be a code wipe.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think about something like Bladesinger class from Dungeons&Dragons, who support his sword with magic. In Warcraft 3 Blood Elves have unit which is a little similar to Bladesinger: Spellbreaker, so i think it will be good base to make this new class and even his model.
But to balance this class may be a problem. The question is whether the damage should be based on strength, dexterity, or intelligence? If the strength or dexterity, the question is what with spells, which are based on INT? There is also a problem with mail items which all don't give bonus to INT or DEX. It would require a greater variety of mail items and warrior weapons.

I think about something like Bladesinger class from Dungeons&Dragons, who support his sword with magic. In Warcraft 3 Blood Elves have unit which is a little similar to Bladesinger: Spellbreaker, so i think it will be good base to make this new class and even his model.
But to balance this class may be a problem. The question is whether the damage should be based on strength, dexterity, or intelligence? If the strength or dexterity, the question is what with spells, which are based on INT? There is also a problem with mail items which all don't give bonus to INT or DEX. It would require a greater variety of mail items and warrior weapons.
Sounds to "advanced", if you ask me. That would be an option for a class branch, but not as a base class. Base professions should have a "basic" feel to them. Some kind of total stereotype ...

I had this spell idea for a possible alchemist advanced class:
"Extract Essence"
Can be used on dead enemy units. Creates a magic item with a spell that depends on the unit Essence Drain was used at. Only one magic item of that type can be worn by the alchemist at the same time. The item can not be sold and is bound to the alchemist and has (limited) charges.
This spell for example grants access to other 'ordinary' spells like fireball, water globes, embrittling acid, etc. ... with a higher cooldown than the original spells or less effectivity, etc..
Think that would be a fun idea ... though it would require a lot of work. Adds some "alchemist feel" to the class, if you ask me.

Level 3
Class Base: Spirit Warrior
Info: A melee/caster hero who buff/support/alternate tank who uses spiritual powers.
Class Change 1: Paladin
Info: A melee/caster hero who buff/support/alternate tank who uses holy powers (Can't heal as well as a healer and can't tank as well as a crusader/monk.)
Class Change 2: Dark Knight
Info: A melee/caster hero who uses offensive dark magic and offers dps, but can't tank as well as a paladin or cusader.

I'll provide skill descriptions later~

Last edited:
Level 5
1st class:
Gunner-> Ranged agi class, uses pistols, leather amor (mail just don't fit a class like him),have some skills based on luck(i.e. Critical Shot/Headshot: deals 2x atk power caster lvl*2% to deal 4x, a critical strike passive that scales with the lvl) and self buffs and debuffs.
2nd classes:
Gunslinger-> Almost the same as the gunner but also have some bomb skills=> Grenade Throw: deals massive aoe fire damage but have a huge cooldown), Horse Ride: passively increases movespeeed(changes the model, and won't get implement.-.), Gas Poison Bomb: deals minor damage overtime, reduces armor and gives miss chance to all enemies inside de aoe.

DarkGunner-> Almost the same as the gunner but also have dark element skills=> Dark Shot: deals dark element damage and applies Haunted debuff(miss chance, reduced atk) to a single target, Ghost/Shadow Shield/Guardian: reduces 50% of all damage taken and 75% of dark element dmg taken at the cost of reducing 33% of his own dmg, Shadow Ilusion: creates an ilusion of the DarkGunner that have 33% of his damage takes 100% damage and CAN NOT have Ghost Guardian activated.

Just a scratch i tought when i read the post xD if ppl like the idea we can change skills or so to make it viable to be implemented.

Level 3
1st class:
Gunner-> Ranged agi class, uses pistols, leather amor (mail just don't fit a class like him),have some skills based on luck(i.e. Critical Shot/Headshot: deals 2x atk power caster lvl*2% to deal 4x, a critical strike passive that scales with the lvl) and self buffs and debuffs.
2nd classes:
Gunslinger-> Almost the same as the gunner but also have some bomb skills=> Grenade Throw: deals massive aoe fire damage but have a huge cooldown), Horse Ride: passively increases movespeeed(changes the model, and won't get implement.-.), Gas Poison Bomb: deals minor damage overtime, reduces armor and gives miss chance to all enemies inside de aoe.

DarkGunner-> Almost the same as the gunner but also have dark element skills=> Dark Shot: deals dark element damage and applies Haunted debuff(miss chance, reduced atk) to a single target, Ghost/Shadow Shield/Guardian: reduces 50% of all damage taken and 75% of dark element dmg taken at the cost of reducing 33% of his own dmg, Shadow Ilusion: creates an ilusion of the DarkGunner that have 33% of his damage takes 100% damage and CAN NOT have Ghost Guardian activated.

Just a scratch i tought when i read the post xD if ppl like the idea we can change skills or so to make it viable to be implemented.

This idea is pretty cool except two things:
1) I don't think guns would really fit the mood of the whole medieval type genre of Gaias.
2) If this does get implemented, wouldn't it make the ranger obsolete?

Last edited:
Level 13
Well a good generic class for the basic's I believe would be a Warlock (DPS/Curses) you could then go advance into something like Dark Master (Pet's/Curses) or Void Being (DPS/Debuffs).

If none of those work I say keep using Alchemist sounds fun but sounds more like a advance class not a basic one.

Level 5
Witch
-Strong curses.
-Minor DPS.
-Spells that allow her/him to survive easily.
-staff/wand as a weapon.

Paladin(Male/Female)
-Hardly focused on playing with other lads.
-Armor, stat buffs.
-2nd job to turn him into a DPS.
-2nd job to turn him into a full support.

I think that we could really make use of another melee, to avoid ranged classes beign crowded in a small passage during the fight.

Barbarian(Female) (2h/1h+shield/2x1h[if possible])
-Pretty nice DPS and attack speed.
-Low armor.

Holy Warrior(Female) [staff/1h sword/war hammer(HAMMAH TIME)].
-Balanced over DPS and support
-High armor, taunt.
-Some nice aura for sure.

Not much of ideas, I'll try to think about spells when Im back from school tho.

We could use an orc or a dwarf model as well, since I think that you are going to do that anyway.

Level 3
lance / pole / spear bearer class for the advance class maybe??
(edit)
This class should has quite numbers of knock-backing & disarming ability (unique role from this class) with some of AOE knock-back skill in the advance class.

-> ???? ( starter class using pike) (confused to choose starter class)

-> lancer (advance class using 2 handed using lance) medium dps class with high penetration & high crit dmg and rate.
- more focused on knock-backing skill
- more on dps skill

-> ????? (advance class using 1 handed using pike + shield)
- Throwing spear/pole ability
- should have another unique tanking skill / counter skill.

Last edited:
Please remember that the base class should have branches that don't have that much in common. Something like a spear warrior doesn't allow much diversity if you ask me ... and to be honest: creating a cool base class and then simply branch it out into a "light" and "dark" side ... guys, isn't that boring as hell? Oo

And most of the things you mentioned doesn't suit a base class at all, but advanced classes.

However, some thoughts about the ideas until now:
1) Paladin has too much in common with Crusader - so I'd like to avoid that idea
2) A shaman suits an advanced class, not a base class.
3) Please scrap that ideas of a spear warrior type as a base class ... I don't have anything against some kind of spear fighter, but it shouldn't be the main concept of the class, as that would allow way to few diversity in the advanced roles ... spear as a weapon is fine, but the class should have something unique seperating it in its role from other melee classes
4) Barbarian = Berserker ... don't see a reason to add another class for that
5) Warlock ... doesn't suit a base class I think. Sounds like an advanced class for me
6) Witch ... not sure about that, but I like the idea, although that would be yet another spellcaster. Maybe give me some input on spell ideas ...?
7) Gunner ... not suited as a base class; could imagine that as an advanced class.

Level 5
Perhaps base witch on a melee, scythes/daggers or claws/gaunlets.

First spell would be something like a curse that damages an enemy each second. I don't know if you should make some prevention from spamming this one and cripple (cleric), since two of them could possibly ruin the game pretty much.

Second spell could be somekind of life drain, causing huge aggro though, but it could weaken the enemy as well. It's up to you, I talked about high survivability of witch so that's pretty fair spell.

Third one goes for a debuff spell, I don't know if decreasing the damage makes any sense since at D3 she would become totally pointless with huge swarms of enemies, perhaps if that was aoe spell so she could throw it into an area after squire doing a taunt. That would be pretty nice. Of course single targetting isn't that bad either but if we look at it in a honest way - most bosses are casters and they barely rely on base dmg.

Fourth might be something cool for disabling but you have to dicuss this with other people, since they are some disablers like thief already. My propsal is something like a bewitchment as a channeling, she - and the enemy would be unable to fight then.
But then there comes the point of playing this character in single player, perhaps damage curse should work during that bewitchment.

Wasn't sure about fifth but actually taking a form of a bear or another aggressive animal didn't sound bad.

Sixth - passive debuff for enemies, perhaps lower resistances or armor.

Seventh - A melee blow that would damage and confuse/stun enemy for a second or two.

Eighth - AoE scream that blinds enemies for a short peroid of time (so they have 80% chances to miss or something like that).

It's up to you of course, Im not really good at making hero suggestions, I think it's good to replace some of the spells.

Perhaps base witch on a melee, scythes/daggers or claws/gaunlets.

First spell would be something like a curse that damages an enemy each second. I don't know if you should make some prevention from spamming this one and cripple (cleric), since two of them could possibly ruin the game pretty much.

Second spell could be somekind of life drain, causing huge aggro though, but it could weaken the enemy as well. It's up to you, I talked about high survivability of witch so that's pretty fair spell.

Third one goes for a debuff spell, I don't know if decreasing the damage makes any sense since at D3 she would become totally pointless with huge swarms of enemies, perhaps if that was aoe spell so she could throw it into an area after squire doing a taunt. That would be pretty nice. Of course single targetting isn't that bad either but if we look at it in a honest way - most bosses are casters and they barely rely on base dmg.

Fourth might be something cool for disabling but you have to dicuss this with other people, since they are some disablers like thief already. My propsal is something like a bewitchment as a channeling, she - and the enemy would be unable to fight then.
But then there comes the point of playing this character in single player, perhaps damage curse should work during that bewitchment.

Wasn't sure about fifth but actually taking a form of a bear or another aggressive animal didn't sound bad.

Sixth - passive debuff for enemies, perhaps lower resistances or armor.

Seventh - A melee blow that would damage and confuse/stun enemy for a second or two.

Eighth - AoE scream that blinds enemies for a short peroid of time (so they have 80% chances to miss or something like that).

It's up to you of course, Im not really good at making hero suggestions, I think it's good to replace some of the spells.
Hmm ... don't get me wrong; I like some of the ideas you proposed ... but I miss something like a red line in your ideas. It all sounds pretty ... confused to me. Like "let's think about some cool spells, but don't care about lore or mood of the character" ...

Level 2
I think this tinker is a good idea, but... when you look at other classes... and whole map. The question arise how he get here? As far as i know people, because of curiosity new players will prefer this new eccentric class than other normal classes.

I think this tinker is a good idea, but... when you look at other classes... and whole map. The question arise how he get here? As far as i know people, because of curious new players will prefer this new eccentric class than other normal classes.
I think tinker is not the right name ... more like "mercenary" or "scout" ... I think it fits the "basic" feel more.

Anyway; I talked to Fellow again yesterday and we came to the conclusion that 1.2 and new content has priority over adding a sixth class. Though I like the idea a lot and may add a sixth class later, I will not waste time by thinking too much about it yet. However, let this discussion keep going. It's definitely useful later on.

Level 5
Hmm ... don't get me wrong; I like some of the ideas you proposed ... but I miss something like a red line in your ideas. It all sounds pretty ... confused to me. Like "let's think about some cool spells, but don't care about lore or mood of the character" ...

In my opinion it depends on how you imagine a character, there are really many ways to present a hero, most common way for a witch is a woman who has much knowledge about black magic, especially focused on killing and rituals.

If we wanted to make it lore friendly then obviously, like other characters witch would be an adventurer who seeks for money. But there would be other profits like new powers that she could obtain from the spore or enemies.

She would have to be the darkest and scariest of characters, that's why I gave her some crazy weapons, not a broom. + if she had a staff, there would be a problem with looting for cleric, magician and witch. But there comes another thing, she will share the armor items with them if we want to be accurate. Unless you want to invent fully armored battle witch.

Basicly you can create dark atmosphere around her by descriptions of spells and naming them in really bloody way.

Level 7
Start class->Scout*Dagger*
advances to 1Master*dual dagger*
2Combatant*dual sword*
Begining class abilities:
1Suprise 2Pathfinder 3Frendly 4Agile

1/1 Suprise:Goes invis(and auto orders attack the target unit) when he hits,
gains 50% attack speed for next 2 hits(if during sneaking to target) a action
is orderd remove invis and cancel the attack speed.

1/2 Pathfinder:AoE MS increase.

1/3 Fendly:if a ally in 500Range hits less then 50%hp gains increased damage for
short period of time.

1/4 Agile:Increases dodge.

Master class abilities:
1Wepon throw 2Bandage 3Awearness 4Chourage song

2/1 Wepon throw:tosses a dagger at target enemy(but loses 50% damage) until he hits
the target or gets closer to it.

2/2 Bandage:Quick personal heal.

2/3 Awearness:increases dodge.

2/4 Chourage song:AoE buff

Combatant class abilities:

1Sharpen wepon 2Paralise strike3Command 4Blade Spin
3/1 Sharpen wepon:Increases damage by 10%

3/2 Paralise: deals damage and stuns target for a short period

3/3 Command: Screams at target (Taunt) with attack speed debuf

3/4 Does AoE damage

Last edited:
Level 2
There are already 2 agi/leather and 2 intel/cloth based characters. Adding a str/mail base character as stated in the first post would make balancing easier.

Personally I like the idea of an alchemist.
Something such as a dwarven model like the sniper or mountain king, a ranged mail hero.
A mix of offensive and support, throwing explosive potions or providing potions to buff allies/debuff enemies.
Later it may branch off into a more offensive role such as a Gunpowder Scientist or supportive such as a herbalist.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
How about a crossbow-using class? He has shorter range than the other ranged classes, but uses mail armor. He deals moderate to high damage, but slowly. He isn't very good at holding aggro, but it can be down for emergencies and special tactics.

He uses a crossbow and a shield (pavise :D).
His abilities are something like:
Take Cover: The hero hides behind his shield taking STR x XX reduced damage from ranged attacks, and (less than with ranged) STR x XX reduced melee damage, for as long as the mode is turned on. Attack speed is slightly reduced, and movement speed is reduced dramatically.

Kick: The hero kicks his opponent in melee for Agi x XX damage and if the opponent is not a giant, it is stunned for 1 second. If the hero is in cover mode, this spell is launched as a surprise attack and deals more damage and stuns for slightly longer.

Crippling Bolt: The hero shoots a bolt into the leg of his enemy dealing STR x XX damage, and slowing it down by 30% for 6 seconds. This spell generates alot of threat until the effect wears off.

Rushed fire: the hero fires agi x XX faster for 10 seconds, during this time he also deals less damage in each attack.

Advances into:
Combat Engineer or Arcane Sniper

The Combat Engineer uses technology to improve his crossbow, bolts and shield in powerful but, sometimes, strange ways

Arcane Sniper imbues his bolts with magic and such and specialises in attacks that have affects triggered after a short amount or time, or if the target is under the conditions of other bolts.

Level 3
What about an amazon themed class? Just like the amazon in Diablo II, javelin oriented, with valkyrie like skills and animated spear-jabs?

Level 2
How about a puppeteer like class where u control some constructs or anything along that line. Your stats would directly affect the puppet so it could be a pretty versatile class.
advancement could lead to more tank or dps oriented

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
There are already Crossbows, Ranger/Hunter/Druid use them. Also your suggested hero is pretty similar to the current ranger.
No it is not. But i agree that it isnt a good idea.

Please try to come up with something unique though, the alchemist/tinker thing seems a little generic in my opinion. Of course it is hard to make a truly unique class in a game such as this, so tinker or not, unique or not, im sure you will come up with something nice. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 5
I was thinking, and first I thought Gaias could use another healer, but then I thought, Druid will be far better healing in 1.2, and Gaias already have a few DPS. A mail hero is also more fitting to be a tank. So I came up with ideas.

Captain
A Support/Tank class, mostly support.

Rallying Cry boosts damage of nearby ally units by X%.
Shield-Brother removes X% of damage taken for both target and caster, also splits the rest of the damage between them.
Captain's Presence Increases maximum health of nearby units by X%. (Can also be HP Reg)
Challenging Strike Deals Attack Power*X in damage and cause high threat.
Tactic: Offensive/Defensive Offensive gives X Attack Power for nearby units whilst Defensive gives X Armor to nearby units. Toggle between.
Trusted Bodyguard Summons a soldier NOT under control of the player, that'll only attack if anyone attacks the captain.
Superior Swordsman the Captain gains X% Evasion and X% Critical Chance.

As Captain of a recently broken mercenary army he's having quite some experience on the field. He aren't able to fight as good as some of your soldiers, but he's really good at determining when to do what.

Veteran Soldier
Support/DPS

Change Trusted Bodyguard to Friend in Arms. Friend in Arms is more like the Rangers pet.
Avenging Slash only castable if Friend in Arms dies. Deals X damage and stuns for X duration.

Since years of service the Captain decide the best way to fight the spores isn't with an army. It's to hit them where it hurts, and get away with it.

Lieutnant
Support with slight tank capabillities.

Last Offensive/Defensive Depending on which tactic is active. If Tactic: Defensive is active all nearby units will get increased HP and Mana Regeneration. If Tactic: Offensive is active all nearby units will get increased Attack Power and Critical Hit Damage.

Since the Captain proved worthy of the "Name of Trainers" support, he've been even further trained in how to help his teammates.

This is under construction and isn't 100% done yet. Still lacks 1 Captain spell, 3 Lieutnant and another 3 Veteran Soldier. Haven't added which items which job can wear neither.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I think the above sounds pretty nice except for the class names. The basic class should be something like Man At Arms or Militia instead of Captain, which seems too "high class" a title for a lvl one :D. Also the advanced names are not very telling, they are just ranks basicly. Maybe something like Templar Knight, Knight, Guardian, Chavalier, would be better.

The lore of the three classes could be based around some strict religios/whatever order, just like druids want to keep nature in balance, these guys could be a combination of righteous, power obsessed, and silly overly lawful chivalrous types who want law and order in the cities, especially Mytargas, as long as they can also gain profit from it. The negative things i suggested about them are to avoid making them boring "good" clichés.
The Class advance quest could be something like helping a small team of soldiers hold a bridge or something in Mytargas for a certain period of time, using all the support spells the class has to be succesful.

Level 5
I was more thinking a former mercenary captain that just lost his men and are on the taverna crying over them. Then he gets the opportunity to fight ppl. Thus the name captain, but, you're right, sounds a bit classy.

Level 1
Class: ???? -> uses mail, and two-handed weapons, no offhand, some spells.
Advanced class 01: Sentinel -> uses mail, two-handed weapons, no offhand, crowd control class, stuns, debuffs, can be offtank.
Advanced class 02: Thundercaller -> uses mail, two-handed weapons, no offhand, spell-based melee DPS, with thunder spells, and enhances his attacks with thunder. *-*

Level 2
In my opinion Risk.frishers have very good idea. But i think class names should be switched: Lieutant<-->Captain. Spells are also nice, but their effect must be balanced by Zwiebelhen to fit other classes. If he decide to use this idea of course.

Level 5
I really like the idea of Risk.frishers too, this aura-class like character looks very promising.
Its like a fully teamplayer character, which are my personal favourite(i just love standing by my comrades and fight off enemies :D)
I hope Zwiebelchen uses it, would make the game even more fun.

Level 5
Adding ranks to Gaias could be a good idea.. Anyways, I can't see what else to call someone, that has that much in common with a captain something else. Call him a Swordsmaster, call him a rat. I don't really mind. Make it fit to the character, and aslong as Zwiebel likes it It's 100% okay.

Level 5
Just make him a simple mercenary, beign an ex captain would have him to be somebody more experienced than other starting characters.

Level 5
Well, obviously he is. A captain isn't always more skilled in fighting than his soldiers. Usually he's not. However, he's a bit smarter, and can usualy foresee tactics. I don't think that a mercenary would fit for this. But, stop recommending names. We're just repeating the same things now. Come with spell suggestions or other things.

Level 10
Alchemist? Hope you are joking, look gaias is best game beacuse of it's originality, and everything fitting there. You have all classes humans, adding crazy gnome/dwarf would f**t it i think, everyone would pick it beacuse it is something new. For me, i think you should add third changeclass to every class to make it better. I know, you will say what can you put there, but let's say for example it would be one specialization:
Crusader --> single target tanking
New class --> AoE tanking/Antimagic tanking
Berserk ---> dps

There won't be much difference between 2 tanking classes, but people would specialize it to certain role.
For me, don't add third class, improve those you have now, even if they are great!

Sorry for mistakes but im tired :p

Palooo3

Alchemist? Hope you are joking, look gaias is best game beacuse of it's originality, and everything fitting there. You have all classes humans, adding crazy gnome/dwarf would f**t it i think, everyone would pick it beacuse it is something new. For me, i think you should add third changeclass to every class to make it better. I know, you will say what can you put there, but let's say for example it would be one specialization:
Berserk ---> dps

There won't be much difference between 2 tanking classes, but people would specialize it to certain role.
For me, don't add third class, improve those you have now, even if they are great!

Sorry for mistakes but im tired :p

Palooo3
This is actually what I discussed with fellow before and I agree on that. I still like the idea of a sixth class (and the tactic-styled soldier idea proposed above), but main priority has maxing out the possible options for those advanced classes already in the game.

As the number of active abilities in Gaias Retaliation will be limited to 9 (+2 for attack and retreat order for pets and +1 for the cancel button in the spellbook), people will have to unlearn some unused spells if they want to learn new ones in 1.2. This will hopefully add some new flavour to the advanced classes, as then not all players will have the same skills.

Level 5
Berserk ---> dps

Honestly, whoever the new character would be (elf, orc, dwarf or even gnome) people would take it anyway, doesn't matter. Most of us have played every character already so new one will always get more attention. That's typical for such situations when something new appears.

Level 5
Offtopic: Honestly, you should remove the attack/retreat order for pets and add a toggle between aggressive and defensive mode. Saves 1 abillity.

Offtopic: Honestly, you should remove the attack/retreat order for pets and add a toggle between aggressive and defensive mode. Saves 1 abillity.
I don't really want players to have more than 9 actives anyway. I like the idea that people will have to select which abilities they want to take inside a dungeon, etc.

Level 8
Well i think some classes deserve ability change after hero upgrade for example berserker who just don't use shild abilitys.

about 6th hero...

we alrdy have 2 leather, 2 cloth, but only 1 mail
however we alrdy have 3 healing classes so new 1 should prolly be mail and not healer.

hmm my little proposition:

Cultis:
cloth, dagger, relic
abilitys:
instant casts, shadow spells dmg, melee attack dealing % dmg to cultis.
scroll spell banish+ minnor life regen for 3sec, scroll spell 2: -50% dmg to cultis and aoe dmg based on hp taken x2

Upgrades:
Death Knight
Blood Knight

Death Knight mail, 2h, relic, with Str>agi> int with new spell frenzy 30% speed -1 hp/sec and in 1.2 summons 5 ghouls for 20 sec and recive 50hp per ceach kileld ghoul(not healing if ghoul parish after 20 sec)

Blood Knight mail, 1h, shild, relic str>int>agi with new spell healself for 30% hp and deals dmg in aoe aqual to health point healed, if Blood kniw was full hp he deals 0 aoe dmg. spell in 1.2 blood mark, 12 sec debuff allowing to drain life aqual to 30% melee dmg attacks.

Level 2
Ranged dps ( With mail armor ) that is what we need ! :p Doesn't matter who will it be, but we just already have cloth melee( more tanky, than dps monk, but still )/ranged dps, leather melee/ranged :eek: time for ranged mail guy to shine.

Level 14
The spearthrower idea was discussed on the first page, if you post here
1. read the old posts to prevent reposts
2. post more then just a name, its not useful if you dont have a concept for the playing style and the spells

Level 4
My Opinions

Sorry i dont have time to wrote all my classes down, but these is one of my ideas about the future classes that mind be create so.... here goes.. oh wait.. also... is there will be a new item?? [Just wondering..]

Classes: [Apprentice] -> [Alchemist] or [Geomancer]
[Apprentice] - [ Cloth + Mace ]
-Deal Minor damage
-Support by using potion: Such as increase Def/Atk/etc
[Skills]

-[Peller Potion]: Toss a potion on allies and having a chances to heal depend on the situations
-[Heal 25% | MP Heal 25%] [Cooldown 6 sec] - Cast time 3 second
[Example]: If the crusader have low Hp then 50%, it will graduate heal 25% of the lost

-[Double Token]: Thrown down a token and deal double damage on enemy
-[Damage Recipe]: [1.5x int] [Cooldown: 12 sec] - Cast time 2 second

-[Chemical Bottle]: Slow down and damage enemies [Group damage]-Aoe
-[Damage Recipe]: [1x int] [Cooldown 10 sec] - Cast time 2.5 sec

-[Acid Skin]: Increase armor and deal damage whoever get near to it
-[Damage Recipe]: [2x int] [Cooldown 15 sec] - Cast time Instance
-[Armor Recipe]: [.2x Con]

-[Last Drop]: Chances of dropping a chemical potion down while being damage or taken hit
-[Damage Recipe]: [3x str + 3x con] [Cooldown none] - Cast time none
-[Passive]: Chances are 7%

-[Explosive Test]: Testing a potion for effect; chances of random effect dealing against enemies or helping your allies
-[Damage Recipe]: [All stats 1.5x] [Cooldown 35 sec] - Cast time Instance
-[Effect]: Lists
[10% Aoe Stun]
[10% Deal Huge damage on 1 enemy]
[10% Deal Huge damage on Aoe]
[10% Reduce Def/Atk/Speed on a group of enemies]
[10% instance heal your allies 30%] - [Aoe]
[10% Increase Stats for your allies] - [Aoe]
[10% Increase Def/Atk for your allies] -[Aoe]
[10% Increase Speed movement for you allies] - [Aoe]
[10% Given a Revive buff for your allies] - [Aoe]
[10% Deal 100% critical last 5 sec for your allies] - [Aoe]
[.01% Deal Instance 10% damage of enemies hp]

Apprentice 2nd classes are: [Alchemist] and [Geomancer]

[Alchemist] - [ Leather + Wand + Pocket ]
-High support classes that can deal a heavy aoe effect: Such as Decrease armor, stun, atk miss, reduction resistance
-Minor damage, but weak in attack speed.
[Skill]

-[Unknown Experiement]: Alchemist toss a powerful Potion on himself and increase his power
-[Recipe]:

[Geomancer] - [Cloth + Staff + Jewel ]
-High damage dealer to a single units
-Weak support effect
-Cannot deal Aoe damage

brb... the game is starting....

Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry for don't writing alot about my idea but i i think a type of shaman that evolve to witch doctor or Alchemist.

Well its basic the shaman got alots of buffs and debuffs (like a bard... i know that already exist bard in the game but he is so weak now...)

Witch doctor would have more skill for debuffing enemies and Alchemist would have great buffs for allies. I'll probably write something more complexe.

Level 5
Sorry i dont have time to wrote all my classes down, but these is one of my ideas about the future classes that mind be create so.... here goes.. oh wait.. also... is there will be a new item?? [Just wondering..]

Classes: [Apprentice] -> [Alchemist] or [Geomancer]
[Apprentice] - [ Cloth + Mace ]
-Deal Minor damage
-Support by using potion: Such as increase Def/Atk/etc
[Skills]

-[Peller Potion]: Toss a potion on allies and having a chances to heal depend on the situations
-[Heal 25% | MP Heal 25%] [Cooldown 6 sec] - Cast time 3 second
[Example]: If the crusader have low Hp then 50%, it will graduate heal 25% of the lost

-[Double Token]: Thrown down a token and deal double damage on enemy
-[Damage Recipe: 1.5x int] [Cooldown: 12 sec] - Cast time 2 second

Apprentice 2nd classes are: [Alchemist] and [Geomancer]

[Alchemist] - [ Leather + Wand + Pocket ]
-High support classes that can deal a heavy aoe effect: Such as Decrease armor, stun, atk miss, reduction resistance
-Minor damage, but weak in attack speed.
[Skill]:

[Geomancer] - [Cloth + Staff + Jewel ]
-High damage dealer to a single units
-Weak support effect
-Cannot deal Aoe damage

oh wait... brb.... i'll finish this information later on..

Why the hell is it SO HARD to read the original post?!?!?! A CLASS WITH MAIL ARMOR NEEDED, ANYONE WHO IS POSTING AFTER THIS, PAY ATTENTION...god...

Level 8
Relax, mate and choose ur words wisly.

Even if idea sucks and don't fit requirements it still might be helpfull for creators to make new hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.