• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hotfixed version testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I tried something... can someone please confirm if the Blurred Motions crash still happens in the attached version?

This is just for testing purposes and nothing except the Blurred Motions spell got fixed; the official bugfix version 1.2A(13) with all other bugs and issues solved will come next week.

Attachments

• GaiasORPG_v1_2A(12)fix.w3x
    7.1 MB · Views: 83
Level 8
Translated from war3 mapmaking lingo: approximately 21 days. At any rate, I hope monk is being buffed in some way. All classes took a hit but monk is completely underwhelming now with the attack speed nerf. Never thought I'd miss the days when monk was "below average".

Level 9
My monk holds slightly less dps than my berserker, with a lot more hp/armor and it holds significantly higher dps than my crusader, I don't see what's wrong with monk now

Level 8
My monk holds slightly less dps than my berserker, with a lot more hp/armor and it holds significantly higher dps than my crusader, I don't see what's wrong with monk now

Don't argue just for the sake of arguing. Berserker has 2 high damage aoe skills. Crusader has so much more threat generation (again 2x aoe if you rightly count guardian angel) even without cooldown reset, it's not even a fair discussion. Both squire classes don't rely heavily on being able to attack or cast CONSTANTLY to deal effective dps/threat nor do they require exorbitant amounts of mana (atleast one pot used in every foothills boss fight if not more when you dont have atleast 1 maxed dps). I'm not sure if you think your monk is special in some sort of way, but I assure you it is not. I hope you are not gauging monk's power by its ability to hit training dummies.

Level 9
SaikeDeMoN, I am not talking about training dummies, I am talking about actual boss fights and what I am saying is that Monk seems to be a good balance between dps and tank right now and I don't believe that it needs another buff. As I said, it has lower dps than Berserker, but much higher survivability, or if you want better survivability on Berserker you become less dps than Monk, and holds aggro just fine in my experience, but it also has more dps than Crusader, but much less survivability which seems to be a fair trade-off.

"both squire classes don't rely heavily on being able to attack or cast CONSTANTLY to deal effective dps/threat" That may be true but are you really going to just be like, 'well I spammed my skills now im just going to not attack' either way you're likely to be constantly attacking in a fight, so I don't see how that is a relevant argument.

I don't think my Monk is special, I feel like I built it normally I am just using my own experiences. I don't argue just to argue, I was/am arguing because I don't want to mess with the balancing.

Level 8
I'm not sure what bosses you are fighting that you don't need to move. You need to move out of FL's ashes to ashes. You need to move out of HG earthquake (unless you build all tanking talents in which case threat really suffers), you need to move out of GS bomb (well you can sort of tank this but why put extra pressure on your healer and you don't have an interrupt for heal which is the only legit reason to tank bomb occasionally) and flamethrower. You need to avoid BM poison cloud. Probably the only boss you can afford to stand still and attack or spam SS is at garg - and this is because monk is so ineffective at dealing with adds that the only way it can be useful is ignore them and deal full threat to garg. All this time you're running, you lose a large portion of dps. Zerk and crus barely feels this since they deal major dmg/threat from spells with cds.

You have to also realise that this also only applies when you hit lvl45 with monk and have some luxury items. Without these things monk can't even compare to other classes except bard and necromancer. You might argue that only endgame matters in RPGs but I don't like to think it does, running d3 at lvl30 is still quite fun.

TL/DR: Monk will always be a lackluster tank since he has very little access to AoE threat generation and no high impact dmg/threat spells, therefore he needs a considerable amount of hit for hit threat/dps which is very low at the moment before lvl45+best items and still not too high after.

Just caught up with the threads I've missed in the past year or so that I've been inactive and realized we've been beating a dead horse.

1) Pet stats will get a 20-30% nerf to their stat gain, to compensate the increase of base stats.
2) Thieves and the corresponding advanced classes get a slight boost to their base attack speed
3) Monks get a slight boost to their base attack speed
4) Auto-Stat gain nerfed a little (by 10-15%) for all classes
5) Re-evaluation of auto stat gain of monks, berserkers and hybrids; Rangers (not their advanced types) will get a little bit more int
6) Int-gain of sorcerer and necro nerfed a little (instead, they get a little bit more agi, as imho, they profit way too much from agi due to the low agi score)

The passive playstyle for monks will hopefully change with the new 1.2B skills. I think this will finally make monks a viable class.

Let's put this discussion to rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.