• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding scrolls to increase item's characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone!

I appologie if I repeat. What do you think about adding some scrolls (as reward for killing bosses, hunting or perhaps some special quests) which after use will ncrease some item's characteristics with a very law chance :cq:

Level 10
yes... maybe like that... only usable with blue or red items (maybe with green but it will need lots of items) and a item can only be upgraded 1 time...

scroll of Acuracy #1 - inscreases +3 agility
scroll of stamina #1 - inscreases +30 health
scroll of intelect #1 - inscreases +5 spell power
scroll of power #1 - inscreases +3 strenght

Level 5
naaa 'enchanting' through crafting will be better, maybe been able to even craft a scroll... but i wont be excited to see a scroll drop from a boss lol

Level 1
A desire

Hi Zwiebelchen
I like gaia very much。
I hope there is such a chief(boss)in the map。
1. He is a master chief in a church scene。
2. He is very powerful like Mountain Giant and Alchemist。
3. A key point,as you know,golden angel in the resurrection skill is very cool。
i want this boss kept releasing this spell,we can imagine this scene,golden
angels constantly appear this scene,that is how brilliant picture。(He resurrected his followers)
We look forward to the arrival of 1.2b,even 1.3...
Thank you for your efforts in this map。

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I think we should not forget about the limited scope of a Warcraft III map.

That's why crafting isn't a levelable feat in this game. Stuff like enchanting and all makes sense in an MMORPG, but for a game with such a limited content and scale such as Gaias, it would be total overkill. I would rather implement more diversity in drops and extend the current crafting (which, imho, has way too few recipes available currently) than adding more mechanics.

Basicly, Gaias Retaliation is feature-locked with 1.2.

- There will be the quest token system and the repeatable weekly quests with 1.2B
- There will be gambling options with fixed random seeds using the quest token system with 1.2C
- There will be upgradable legendaries and set items with 1.2C and 1.2D
- There will be hardcore mode for all dungeons in 1.3

And that's it. No other features will come. I just feel that this is the maximum scope a WC3 RPG should have. Everything else would just be a waste of ressources that should better be put into making more content instead of adding more features.

The only thing that I still have up my sleeve is the implementation of some minor minigames and more PVP arenas just for fun. But that's in the far future.

I'm still sitting on the re-modelling and re-texturing. It's taking a lot more time than I expected it to, but I think it's totally worth it in the end.

Level 1
About 1/4 undeveloped(not open) map

the top of the 1.2a map and the 1.2a map below,game player can‘t pass,
we can set the scene here.

Level 5
HARDCORE MODE AND REPEATABLE QUEST!!!! HE LISTENED!!!! looking forwards to those features! be quick tired of other ORPG's at the moment xD

Status
Not open for further replies.